What's new
Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

HHN 28: Ticket, RIP Tours, and Pass Information

Brian G.

Editor-in-Chief
Jan 21, 2008
Orlando, FL
Here are the official dates for this year:

September
14, 15, 16, 20, 21, 22, 23, 28, 29, 30

October
3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 31

November
1, 2, 3

General Admission Tickets (No Advanced Purchase or Discounts Used)

$114.99

General Admission Tickets with AP Discount

$56.99

General Admission Tickets

Online Pre-Purchase

$62.99 : Set 16, 20, 23, 30, Oct 03, 04, 10, 17, 24, 28, 31, Nov 01
$66.99 : Oct 07, 11, 14, 18, 21, 25
$73.99 : Sept 14, 21, 28, Oct 05, 26, Nov 02
$79.99 : Oct 12, 19
$87.99 : Sept 15, 22, 29, Oct 06, 13, 20, 27, Nov 03

Halloween Horror Night Flex - Flex Tickets let you decide which weekend to come. Come any one event night from Sunday through Friday or any one event night from Sunday through Saturday.

Sunday-Friday Flex - $81.99 ($114.99 without discount)
Saturday-Sunday Flex - $89.99 ($114.99 without discount)

Frequent Fear Passes (AP Discount in parentheses)

Rush of Fear valid on these nights: Sep. 14, 15, 16, 20, 21, 22, 23, 28, 29, 30

Rush of Fear : $95.99 (AP - $84.99 )
Rush of Fear Express : $299.99 (AP - $288.99 )

Frequent Fear : $106.99 (AP - $95.99 )
Frequent Fear Express : $339.99 (AP - $328.99 )
EVERY Sunday–Thursday event night, the first Friday and Saturday, plus the last Friday.

Frequent Fear Plus : $122.99 (AP - $110.99 )
Frequent Fear Plus Express : $419.99 (AP - $407.99 )
EVERY Sunday–Friday event night, plus the first and last Saturday.

Ultimate Frequent Fear : $203.99 (AP - $193.99 )
Ultimate Frequent Fear Express : $599.99 (AP - $589.99 )
Valid ALL Event Nights.

Premier Passholder get one FREE Halloween Horror Nights ticket.
Valid nights: Sep. 14–16, 20–23, 28–30; Oct. 3, 10, 17, 24, 28; Nov. 1–3

Last edited:
They have now put it in fine print.

• The 2018 Rush of Fear pass may be upgraded to a 2018 Ultimate Frequent Fear Pass only, on or before September 30, 2018.

Doesn't look like AP rates are posted yet.

Ignore this idiot :ack:

Last edited:
You may wanna re-read the first post....

Whoops! I was looking at the ticket link (found elsewhere) and there's usually IIRC a dropdown at the top to switch between the main ticketing site and the AP/Florida Resident sites. It wasn't there when I looked.

My bad!

Is it normal that the first HHN Day doesn't offer any tours? I would really like an RIP Tour for the first day . Is it worth when I am there for 2 Weeks in September? I already bought the Rush of Fear+ Express

Is it normal that the first HHN Day doesn't offer any tours? I would really like an RIP Tour for the first day . Is it worth when I am there for 2 Weeks in September? I already bought the Rush of Fear+ Express

The first night is always the media preview event - so the RIP Tours (most importantly, the guides) are tied up w/ media tours.

I'm pleased with the pricing - modest $20 increase for FF+ Express at $419. We'll be going for five nights in mid-October - so it more than makes up for the cost and let's us explore at our leisure. The 10 houses, scarezones and confirmed 80's theme have me stoked about HHN28!

The first night is always the media preview event - so the RIP Tours (most importantly, the guides) are tied up w/ media tours.

I'm pleased with the pricing - modest $20 increase for FF+ Express at $419. We'll be going for five nights in mid-October - so it more than makes up for the cost and let's us explore at our leisure. The 10 houses, scarezones and confirmed 80's theme have me stoked about HHN28!
Ok maybe I could get to a media preview because I have a presscard here in Germany^^

So i will be attending HHN this year in Early October on a Thursday night (or Friday if the weather is bad that night) with that said does the board feel i will need an express pass to see all the houses Thurs night? Will also be using the stay and scream option.

Its my first time and im curious what i should expect in terms of lines on an off night like Thursday.

So i will be attending HHN this year in Early October on a Thursday night (or Friday if the weather is bad that night) with that said does the board feel i will need an express pass to see all the houses Thurs night? Will also be using the stay and scream option.

Its my first time and im curious what i should expect in terms of lines on an off night like Thursday.

It depends on which weekend in early October. If it's the very first weekend, you should be ok without as long as you have a game plan and do stay and scream. If its the weekend before Columbus day you'll definitely need express.

It depends on which weekend in early October. If it's the very first weekend, you should be ok without as long as you have a game plan and do stay and scream. If its the weekend before Columbus day you'll definitely need express.

yep, that thursday prior. Ill probably just get them regardless, just didnt want to show up and see 20 or 30 minute waits and regret the purchase. Do you think they will be available all the way up till the week of? want to make sure i pick the best weather for the event.

yep, that thursday prior. Ill probably just get them regardless, just didnt want to show up and see 20 or 30 minute waits and regret the purchase. Do you think they will be available all the way up till the week of? want to make sure i pick the best weather for the event.
Or just do an RIP Tour^^ that would be a good option to see all houses

What was the rule on pictures for last year’s Unmasking the Horror tours? This year might justify the expense because of the strong Original line up and the decent rumored IP list

They were somewhat lenient. Dead Waters was the only house where you could take pictures of anything and everything. The Fallen was a close second, with only a couple of sets/scenes off limits. The Hive had 3 or 4 rooms where you couldn't take any pictures, and Horrors of Blumhouse allowed pictures in about 4 scenes. The Shining allowed pictures of the facade area as well as the Room 237 Bathroom scene, and AHS also allowed photos of the facade as well as half of one scene towards the end of the house.

Here's a shameless plug for the 360° photos I took last year to give you a good idea of how much photography was allowed:
Halloween Horror Nights 27 Virtual Tours

How quickly do the Unmasking the Horror tours sell out? We are going the second week of October and my youngest wants to do the all day tour. Also, how likely for Strangers Things to be on the tour? He loves Strangers Things but it's not a make or break for our decision. It would just be an added bonus.