Halloween Horror Nights 33 (UOR) - Speculation & Rumors | Page 322 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 33 (UOR) - Speculation & Rumors

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
The Beast, a haunted house in Kansas City, cost $35 a person to go through a single house. The line can get up typically two hours. Skipping the line is extra.

13th Floor in Jacksonville starts at roughly $25 (they surge) and up to $55 total to skip the line. For one house. Without skipping the line, it’s a 2 hour wait.

Netherlands is two houses back to back (single line). General admission is $25-$40 (surge) in advance ($30-$50 walkup). Skipping the line tickets are between $35 and $70 (surge/advance or walkup). All have additional service charges and reserved time slots.

$36 to skip the line at a premier haunted houses is on the cheap end.
But the three comparison houses you listed take about 40-45 minutes EACH to complete (the one that had two houses said it takes 45 minutes total to do both houses). What’s the typical HHN house duration? 4 minutes? I’m not sure those examples are a true comparison given the lengths are literally 9-10x compared to HHN.

• Wow
Reactions: Lucky Planet
But the three comparison houses you listed take about 40-45 minutes EACH to complete (the one that had two houses said it takes 45 minutes total to do both houses). What’s the typical HHN house duration? 4 minutes? I’m not sure those examples are a true comparison given the lengths are literally 9-10x compared to HHN.
Plus five zones, entertainment, rides, etc. plus this that was already said on this.
10 houses ~ 5 min = 50 min.

It’s equal in a different capacity; and that doesn’t count the attraction access.

Plus five zones, entertainment, rides, etc. plus this that was already said on this.
Yeah but the original argument was that HHN breaks down to $35 per house on some nights. And the other houses are $25-35 per house too. Therefore, equivalent.

It was a comparison of $35 to $25-35, one house to another.

In that context, one is 45 minutes, one is 4-5. They are not valid comparisons to prove that point.

$35 per HHN house probably is too high as well, because it’s not cost/number of houses. You’re correct, it’s cost/(number of houses plus scare zones & shows). I don’t know how you would even start to do valuation on scare zones & shows.

But that just proves my point, it was a bit of a goofy comparison from the start. Not apples to apples and as you demonstrated even the $35/HHN house isn’t quite accurate.

I was just pointing out the logical issue in that argument in case others did not know how long those houses were.

But that just proves my point, it was a bit of a goofy comparison from the start. Not apples to apples and as you demonstrated even the $35/HHN house isn’t quite accurate.

I agree but in a way that makes Universal's offering look more appealing - local haunts usually are the same year over year and focus way more on scares over sets. Universal's houses are new every year and their set design is some of the best in the industry, I think for what you pay for you get something pretty good. Compare this to say, oh I dunno, Dark Nights at Hershey that is $60 per person online ($85 at the gate), has five houses (four are repeats), and three scare zones (which if they are anything like last year they're about 1/3 of a Orlando HHN scare zone). I think the HHN product is very appealing, especially for those who like the party and vibes and not just check listing haunted houses (which is ok!)

Reactions: Kichkinet85