What's new
Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

HHN 28: Ticket, RIP Tours, and Pass Information

So longtime lurker here, but I'm going on my 9th year of HHN and I want to splurge the the RIP Tour for November 3rd. Does anyone know how early you can use the VIP entrance into the park?

Also, does the tour cut through backstage areas or do you use the designated entrance and exit queues for each house? (i.e. going from one parade building/tent directly to the next and/or from the Parade Building to the tents) I remember AVED feeling like an insanely long walk last year and I'm just hoping with the tour that I won't have to do it twice for ToT and SoX

Last edited:
So longtime lurker here, but I'm going on my 8th year of HHN and I want to splurge the the RIP Tour for November 3rd. Does anyone know how early you can use the VIP entrance into the park?

Also, does the tour cut through backstage areas or do you use the designated entrance and exit queues for each house? (i.e. going from one parade building/tent directly to the next and/or from the Parade Building to the tents) I remember AVED feeling like an insanely long walk last year and I'm just hoping with the tour that I won't have to do it twice for ToT and SoX

Welcome!

For entrance, I believe it's 5pm check-in - but I'm not 100%.

For the tour though - yes, you do cut through some backstage areas.

Welcome!

For entrance, I believe it's 5pm check-in - but I'm not 100%.

For the tour though - yes, you do cut through some backstage areas.

Thanks! That's great to hear! I called to book it last night so that I could use the AP discount and they told me we'd be able to start using the entrance at 6:30PM, with my e-mail confirmation stating 7PM, so it's a huge relief to hear 5PM. As long as I can get in before the GP, I'll be happy!

So what is this 5 house RIP tour they’re selling for half the price? Sold at the front gates?

So what is this 5 house RIP tour they’re selling for half the price? Sold at the front gates?
From what I have seen, you can choose either A. Stranger Things, Scary Tales, Carnival Graveyard, Poltergeist, and Halloween or B. Trick 'r Treat, Seeds, Slaughter Sinema, Dead Exposure, and Stranger Things.

Trying to figure out which is better - EP or the half RIP tour.

The 5 house RIP tour sounds very intriguing. Does it also include other perks of the full RIP tour, such as snacks and AOV seating?

From what I have seen, you can choose either A. Stranger Things, Scary Tales, Carnival Graveyard, Poltergeist, and Halloween or B. Trick 'r Treat, Seeds, Slaughter Sinema, Dead Exposure, and Stranger Things.

Trying to figure out which is better - EP or the half RIP tour.

We are going to do express because we have an additional self-imposed constraint of needing to do Stranger Things as house #1. My daughter and I are hoping a familiar property will be the perfect gateway drug for her and help acclimate her to the other houses. Since we are doing Stay and Scream, the half RIP only makes sense to us if we do the back of the park first and then do our RIP tour when park opens (I'm assuming RIP tours don't start during Stay and Scream).

But if order (and the certainty of not worrying about them changing the half tour or something the night we arrive) didn't matter, I think the "A" half RIP tour would have been perfect for us. It has two of the consistently longest wait houses included (Stranger, Poltergeist). Seems like the obvious choice if you are considering the half RIP and want to see those two houses.

Hi guys,

I'm traveling from NY to go to HHN on wednesday the 24th and thursday the 25th. For this, I want to buy frequent fear since it's literally cheaper than buying 2 separate nights. I don't want to buy the pass right away though since, worse case scenario and it rains one of those days, I'll switch to friday (not included in the regular frequent fear pass).

Is there any risk in waiting until I get to florida to buy frequent fear? For example, if the event sells out and I buy frequent fear online on that same day, can I still get into the park?

I know the event is starting to sell out on the weekends, however if you already have the ticket you will be allowed in.

Hi guys,

I'm traveling from NY to go to HHN on wednesday the 24th and thursday the 25th. For this, I want to buy frequent fear since it's literally cheaper than buying 2 separate nights. I don't want to buy the pass right away though since, worse case scenario and it rains one of those days, I'll switch to friday (not included in the regular frequent fear pass).

Is there any risk in waiting until I get to florida to buy frequent fear? For example, if the event sells out and I buy frequent fear online on that same day, can I still get into the park?

Quick question about the last night, 11/3. With the time being changed due to daylight savings time that night, is the event actually opened another hour, or just business as usual? Does anyone know if things in CityWalk are open an extra hour that night?

Quick question about the last night, 11/3. With the time being changed due to daylight savings time that night, is the event actually opened another hour, or just business as usual? Does anyone know if things in CityWalk are open an extra hour that night?
The time changes at 2am so that would be after closing. It does not reset to 1am until after the event closes.

Well it is official we have canceled our UTH tour, second time in three years, as we feel it is not worth the money to not be able to take the pictures we want to take. So, sadly, this is the end of something that used to be a lot of fun but the limited pictures policy, the crappy lunch break option, and cost have driven us away.