Nintendo Coming to Universal Parks | Page 535 | Inside Universal Forums

Nintendo Coming to Universal Parks

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Great idea, but not happening. They wouldn’t put two Kuka-Arm systems in the same park, much less next door to each other.

However, there’s always a certain dinosaur coaster that could get canceled in favor of a motorbike coaster/dark-ride hybrid.
Did you skip this part?
Basically Forbidden Journey but instead of a bench on a robot arm an all terrain vehicle with the same kind of design as the Master Cycle Zero from BotW’s DLC.
tumblr_p0mfmamMHf1qzp9weo1_640.gif

Cut, print, cash the checks.
Think a more advanced and completely different looking Spider-Man vehicle going through the same kind of frantic ride as Forbidden Journey and that’s my idea for Zelda. Maybe something closer to the Time rover in Dinosaur rather than the scoop but obviously not exact.
If the Castle Grounds coaster (that's what I'm calling the Hogsmeade coaster RN), is more of a custom Intamin Motorcycle coaster with traditional sit down seating; then i'd argue a ride based on the Master Cycle Zero would make no sense.

If there weren't as many water attractions at IOA, I would argue that a indoor water attraction based on Windwaker would've made sense for the park. Have it oriented on Toon Links journey through the Great Sea.
Again... read.
Basically Forbidden Journey but instead of a bench on a robot arm an all terrain vehicle with the same kind of design as the Master Cycle Zero from BotW’s DLC.
tumblr_p0mfmamMHf1qzp9weo1_640.gif

Cut, print, cash the checks.
A new all terrain vehicle based on the technological design of the cycle, not the cycle itself.
Hyrule Castle Town seems the most likely choice given all the shops and all. Plus the entrance would be grand, walking through the drawbridge and seeing Hyrule Castle anchor the land. But Hyrule alone wouldn't serve LoZ enough. The Great Deku Tree needs to make an appearance and either Death Mountain or Lake Hylia/Zoras Domain as well. Special note to Creative: PLEASE dont simply gut out PF and retheme it to Zoras Domain. Look what rethemeing DD did...
I’d shoot for half Castle Town and half Lost Woods. There’s nothing saying Gorons and Zoras couldn’t have setup shop in Castle Town and Death Mountain/Zora’s Domain could easily be seen during the big E Ticket.

It just hit me, that in Castle Town, they have those carnival style games in some of the houses. How cool would it be if they recreated some of those? (Minus the ones involving bombs of course)

As for a ride, definitely an indoor attraction. One would have to be puzzle/interactive being that the game is all about puzzles and mazes. An Epona (Link's Horse) ride would be awesome too. Ride on the back of Epona and visit the other lands of Hyrule....feel the breeze against your face, run into our favorite characters and enemies.

Reactions: Magic-Man
Is it possible that when/if Mario Kart opens in the new park, it could have special scenes or an extra element?

The first thing that comes to mind is that drifting patent that isn’t supposed to be used. That could distinguish this ride from the other versions. A new section of the ride that ties in with other IP’s in/near the land (AKA, a Splatoon section or a Zelda/Pokémon track) could work as well.

While I’m on the topic of the Mario Kart ride, can they change/switch certain scenes in the ride? It would be cool if they could have seasonal updates or new sections when a new game comes out.

Lastly, did we ever get any info on what the queue will be like? Is it a traditional queue, or are any interactive element and stuff like that?

Is it possible that when/if Mario Kart opens in the new park, it could have special scenes or an extra element?

The first thing that comes to mind is that drifting patent that isn’t supposed to be used. That could distinguish this ride from the other versions. A new section of the ride that ties in with other IP’s in/near the land (AKA, a Splatoon section or a Zelda/Pokémon track) could work as well.

While I’m on the topic of the Mario Kart ride, can they change/switch certain scenes in the ride? It would be cool if they could have seasonal updates or new sections when a new game comes out.

Lastly, did we ever get any info on what the queue will be like? Is it a traditional queue, or are any interactive element and stuff like that?
I think Mario Kart's scene selection was specifically chosen to be classic levels found in every game, so the ride would remain (relatively) timeless. Things like Rainbow Road are in every version of the game, so you know it'll be on the ride.

And the queue was going to be themed like Bowser's Castle, since that's where you enter. No clue if it would have interactive elements, but I think the Donkey Kong queue was going to have AA characters that talk to you, so I'm sure there would be fun stuff like that in this queue as well.

I think Mario Kart's scene selection was specifically chosen to be classic levels found in every game, so the ride would remain (relatively) timeless. Things like Rainbow Road are in every version of the game, so you know it'll be on the ride.

And the queue was going to be themed like Bowser's Castle, since that's where you enter. No clue if it would have interactive elements, but I think the Donkey Kong queue was going to have AA characters that talk to you, so I'm sure there would be fun stuff like that in this queue as well.

One would think Kart customization like Test Track would be a good idea, and then to have your ride experience line up with the car's experience, to gain more levels.

Reactions: Nico and Magic-Man
Was looking through old photos I had of IOA and came across the Enchanted Oak Restaurant that was in LC......the rebirth of the Enchanted Oak as the Great Deku Tree- A Dungeon Attraction and at least twice that size would be awesome!!!

Knowing proximity, I'm probably bound for USH first-hand. I want to go to Osaka though, but I may have to wait to do a trip to Japan until the future (but I have the desire too for not only that, but "research").

I’m starting to think USH and UOR could open the same year like Star Wars is. They’re both in the same void of unknowing after all.

I’m starting to think USH and UOR could open the same year like Star Wars is. They’re both in the same void of unknowing after all.

It's quite possible, but I think USH will open a year before an entirely new park opens. No need for Orlando to overshadow Hollywood's opening because it has more or so.

When did Universal announce that Nintendo will be coming to the parks? Everyone made fun of how it took Disney like 7 years for Pandora but I feel like Nintendo will surpass that.

Reactions: Mike S
Announced in 2015. Will open in USJ in 2019/2020. So 4-5 years, not 7
The other parks were confirmed a year later so starting from then it could be either 6 or exactly 7 years. Very few are hardcore enough to consider going to Japan’s opening so for them it might as well not even be happening. They’ll just have to be careful to avoid spoilers if they care about that sort of thing.

The other parks were confirmed a year later so starting from then it could be either 6 or exactly 7 years. Very few are hardcore enough to consider going to Japan’s opening so for them it might as well not even be happening. They’ll just have to be careful to avoid spoilers if they care about that sort of thing.

Yea, but unlike Avatar it’ll actually be worth the wait :bolt: