Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Nintendo Coming to Universal Parks

To tide me over until the new land...

View attachment 7618

I'll finally play some Zelda and Donkey Kong games, (for the first time ever).
FWIW I'd start with the SNES games for Zelda and DK.

The original Zelda is...fine, but it very much feels like a rough draft. I find it's easier to appreciate when you have some experience. And the Donkey Kong Country games are just fantastic

FWIW I'd start with the SNES games for Zelda and DK.

The original Zelda is...fine, but it very much feels like a rough draft. I find it's easier to appreciate when you have some experience. And the Donkey Kong Country games are just fantastic
Noted. I think I'm gonna love the SNES more. I had the original NES for years growing up, but only had a SNES for a couple months... Before it died when I kept it on pause all night to save my game one day. I'm excited to finally go back and play more games than just SMW from it.

Noted. I think I'm gonna love the SNES more. I had the original NES for years growing up, but only had a SNES for a couple months... Before it died when I kept it on pause all night to save my game one day. I'm excited to finally go back and play more games than just SMW from it.

If you have a 3DS, get A Link Between Worlds and play it directly after A Link to the Past. Same world reimagined.

Part of me would love the idea of seeing some of the 8/16-bit aesthetic make its way into the land. Especially the music -- nothing puts me in the nostalgic Nintendo mindset like some of the classic Mario or Zelda cues.

It will never happen, because Nintendo will clearly want this to feel like a modern land, but still!

“Where has Alicia gone? Why’d she stop posting?”

Perhaps we need to call out the shrieking shack three times to get her attention? ;)

Part of me would love the idea of seeing some of the 8/16-bit aesthetic make its way into the land. Especially the music -- nothing puts me in the nostalgic Nintendo mindset like some of the classic Mario or Zelda cues.

It will never happen, because Nintendo will clearly want this to feel like a modern land, but still!

I would think it'd be great if they did modern-remixes of those cues, to make it feel as if you are in that world.

You guys know me,I'm a bit critical of Universal doing 'Different' . This isn't insider information but I thought I'd share this snippet with you all.

Well I fund out last night this project is going to be 'Badazz'. Take that for what you want but I trust this person.
The person couldn't tell ANY specifics and I respect that, but they said it will be 'World Changing' as far as theme parks go.

I'm saying this to say my own faith has been restored in Universal based on what I was able to be told. Their ability to give a franchise the Potter + treatment and wow us at the same time!

You guys know me,I'm a bit critical of Universal doing 'Different' . This isn't insider information but I thought I'd share this snippet with you all.

Well I fund out last night this project is going to be 'Badazz'. Take that for what you want but I trust this person.
The person couldn't tell ANY specifics and I respect that, but they said it will be 'World Changing' as far as theme parks go.

I'm saying this to say my own faith has been restored in Universal based on what I was able to be told. Their ability to give a franchise the Potter + treatment and wow us at the same time!

Nintendo as a whole, or a specific franchise?

Yeah not sure how you can say that with the one still image we got. Mario Kart alone makes all other current rides look like Tommorrow Land Speedway.

Especially when Nintendo started looking at Universal's prototypes for it and said, "We want more."

Yea, don't get me wrong, I think what we'll eventually get will be BETTER than the original land would have been (the rumors about DK are exciting), but the original land would have easily been in the conversation for best in the world