Universal's New Park/Site B Blue Sky Thread | Page 370 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal's New Park/Site B Blue Sky Thread

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I just don't see anyone putting a hotel into a park again after the shooting in Vegas. Between that and the issues of noise/light/etc. of keeping up a theme park when so much has to be done overnight it's just not practical for a year round theme park.

Reactions: HPFred and therock
I just don't see anyone putting a hotel into a park again after the shooting in Vegas. Between that and the issues of noise/light/etc. of keeping up a theme park when so much has to be done overnight it's just not practical for a year round theme park.

I mean, the Cabana Bay towers are basically in Volcano Bay

Are they also planning to build a water park?

And if so, how do they feel about the VB situation with it being disconnected from citywalk and requiring everyone to take busses? Would they be willing to do that type of thing again?

When the resort was originally conceived I don’t think they intended to have a water park. The original master plan is some where but I’m on my phone currently.

I don’t really like the idea of having to go through CityWalk in wet clothes to get back to my car. Ideally I’d have a car park connected directly to the water park.

I know a few people who went this year and stayed on site and would do all the water rides at IOA and then head to VB or vice versus since they’re already soaked. I still love the idea of adding a new entrance from CBBR into Toon Lagoon.

When the resort was originally conceived I don’t think they intended to have a water park. The original master plan is some where but I’m on my phone currently.

I don’t really like the idea of having to go through CityWalk in wet clothes to get back to my car. Ideally I’d have a car park connected directly to the water park.

I know a few people who went this year and stayed on site and would do all the water rides at IOA and then head to VB or vice versus since they’re already soaked. I still love the idea of adding a new entrance from CBBR into Toon Lagoon.
Yes. Been saying the same about a separate entrance too. Makes all those hotels on that side all the more valuable and would save on transportation costs also.

Beijing is still doing one. Plus, Universal does check each room every 24 hours (even with No Disturb sign).

Reactions: Magic-Man

I think they could do this by going the Disneyland Paris route where you go through security to gain access to anything in the resort, the parks, the hotels, "Disney Village", scanners at all entrances.

Phantasialand sez Hey

It could be done if they wanted to.

Reactions: Magic-Man
Phantasialand sez Hey

It could be done if they wanted to.

Should I, or should I not bring up the rumors of the Epcot Hotel?

Disney has done this quite a bit, with Tokyo; Paris; and California all having hotels so close to their parks. And if Epcot gets it, as it's rumored..then I don't see the basis of the Vegas shooting having a direct impact for Universal to do the same.

Reactions: Andysol and |Q|
Should I, or should I not bring up the rumors of the Epcot Hotel?

Disney has done this quite a bit, with Tokyo; Paris; and California all having hotels so close to their parks. And if Epcot gets it, as it's rumored..then I don't see the basis of the Vegas shooting having a direct impact for Universal to do the same.

Any window in Manhattan is a security threat considering the pedestrian traffic below for a sniper bent on killing.

Folks bent on terror will find a way to kill.

then I don't see the basis of the Vegas shooting having a direct impact for Universal to do the same.
I don’t think we’ll see the true impact of that for years. I have that feeling that the Vegas shooting will be impacting blue-sky hotel design. Anything in the pipeline will be getting the same fixed the already-constructed hotels will be getting. Anything that’s being designed post-Vegas will probably have some more fundemental changes.

So no more high rise buildings in the US anymore?
I remember the the whole hysteria around 9-11, 3 years later an investigator found that there where more than 200 illegal workers on Orlando international airport behind security where tourists had to jump trough hoops to get into the country.
Daily more Americans get killed by bad driving and their own guns than any mental shooter or terrorist could do in a year.

I think Universal's main focus for security should be the increase in attendance once this park opens. You are going to have more guests flooding into your parks so streamlining the security process should be a priority. You don't want to be like Disney where park hopping is a pain and waste of time having to go through security 2 times, let alone the trip to the park.

Turns out Universal if Universal does do a monster land they could have a dedicated dessert shop tie in with Netflix backing....(This show is produced by Universal Cable Productions)

There's a few trademarks out there by Netflix for Amusement Park Services so they're completely open to the idea and given the recent partnership between Universal and Netflix to bring Stranger Things to HHN, there's a lot of potential out there.

Edit: I just mentioned this to my wife and probably got a bigger reaction to this idea than when I showed her the HP coaster concept art.

Reactions: HPFred and tielo
There's a few trademarks out there by Netflix for Amusement Park Services so they're completely open to the idea and given the recent partnership between Universal and Netflix to bring Stranger Things to HHN, there's a lot of potential out there.

Edit: I just mentioned this to my wife and probably got a bigger reaction to this idea than when I showed her the HP coaster concept art.
What if Universal would build a next gen ET dark ride with the Stranger Things ip.

Status
Not open for further replies.