Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Halloween Horror Nights 28 General Discussion

Was just told why Stranger Things won HotY.

They had to work more nights (corporate events and Stranger Things Day).

That’s all.
Yeah, it's not based on who's the best house from what guests see. This is an award of the cast giving it their all and from that perspective, I think from having to extend quite literally EVERY NIGHT, working the Microsoft night and working Tomorrow still (remember, HHN 28 still hasn't officially wrapped for them), they deserved it.

Saw was going to win last year from that same POV, but one of the actors in the cast decided to have a little too much fun on one of the last nights, so Scarecrow got it. Remember, Saw extended pretty much every night last year as well. It really comes down to a cocktail of GSAT, incidents, and willingness to work when Universal asks you to work + what gets passed on from Stage Managers to Show Direction as far as how the cast gets along or if there are any internal problems.

Also, they literally get nothing other than being able to call themselves House of the Year. There's no trophy or anything here. They give the cast a bunch of pizza from NYPD and that's it.

Yeah, it's not based on who's the best house from what guests see. This is an award of the cast giving it their all and from that perspective, I think from having to extend quite literally EVERY NIGHT, working the Microsoft night and working Tomorrow still (remember, HHN 28 still hasn't officially wrapped for them), they deserved it.

Saw was going to win last year from that same POV, but one of the actors in the cast decided to have a little too much fun on one of the last nights, so Scarecrow got it. Remember, Saw extended pretty much every night last year as well. It really comes down to a cocktail of GSAT, incidents, and willingness to work when Universal asks you to work + what gets passed on from Stage Managers to Show Direction as far as how the cast gets along or if there are any internal problems.

Also, they literally get nothing other than being able to call themselves House of the Year. There's no trophy or anything here. They give the cast a bunch of pizza from NYPD and that's it.

what did the actor in SAW do?????
i wonder if it was the same spot that im thinking off

@IHateJumpScares - Please try your best not to Double and Triple post as you did above. There is a multi quote feature right next to the reply button so you can choose to respond to more than one person at a time. You can also edit your posts to include others.

Here's a post and corresponding thread that may help: Double Posting and +Quote Feature | Inside Universal Forums

Sorry. I read through 10 pages at once over a lengthy period this morning and simply replied to the disconnected thoughts that hit me, when they hit me. What's the rule on when we are supposed to link them all together and when it's OK to separate the separate topics? Or is it never ok until someone else posts after you? If I had been reading and reacting in real time I don't think anyone would have said anything as the posts would have been spread out, like everyone else with multiple posts in the thread.

Not trying to be snarky, I'm honestly asking since I didn't intend to break some rule. Taken to an extreme we would all post once a week or month with 20-30 distinct thoughts in each one, and that's clearly not the intent either.

Sorry. I read through 10 pages at once over a lengthy period this morning and simply replied to the disconnected thoughts that hit me, when they hit me. What's the rule on when we are supposed to link them all together and when it's OK to separate the separate topics? Or is it never ok until someone else posts after you? If I had been reading and reacting in real time I don't think anyone would have said anything as the posts would have been spread out, like everyone else with multiple posts in the thread.

Not trying to be snarky, I'm honestly asking since I didn't intend to break some rule. Taken to an extreme we would all post once a week or month with 20-30 distinct thoughts in each one, and that's clearly not the intent either.
Feel free to put as many disparate thoughts as you want in a single post. The forum just frowns on a single poster having multiple posts back to back.

Feel free to put as many disparate thoughts as you want in a single post. The forum just frowns on a single poster having multiple posts back to back.
Yes, we can fairly easily combine posts as I did with yours, the reason we mention it is just to keep it on your mind. Posting back to back is gonna happen, we just want to limit that so it doesn’t clog up threads and in some cases can be considered spam.

Last edited:
So just a thought/theory. Regardless of wether you buy the whole shift of HHN to a more family friendly event or not. It's clear the discussion is there and the creators and designers are on the defensive to reassure fans that it is an adult event. With the Stranger Things event tomorrow I wonder if they may be planning to use that to prove the point that it's not for kids. There's really no reason they shouldn't do like Hollywood and just make it a walkthrough without scare actors. Stranger Things day isn't a horror event it's for fans of the series and in fact it would've made for a great opportunity for someone who's a fan to experience the sets if they had an issue with scares. So in any case perhaps they want to give the full HHN effect, if not maybe even amp it up. I'm sure there will be a lot of attention on the event since it's the first time they've done something like that. Maybe they want the takeaway to be something like "yeah, HHN won't work for kids".

So just a thought/theory. Regardless of wether you buy the whole shift of HHN to a more family friendly event or not. It's clear the discussion is there and the creators and designers are on the defensive to reassure fans that it is an adult event. With the Stranger Things event tomorrow I wonder if they may be planning to use that to prove the point that it's not for kids. There's really no reason they shouldn't do like Hollywood and just make it a walkthrough without scare actors. Stranger Things day isn't a horror event it's for fans of the series and in fact it would've made for a great opportunity for someone who's a fan to experience the sets if they had an issue with scares. So in any case perhaps they want to give the full HHN effect, if not maybe even amp it up. I'm sure there will be a lot of attention on the event since it's the first time they've done something like that. Maybe they want the takeaway to be something like "yeah, HHN won't work for kids".

Hellraiser would be a nice way assure fans.

To be absolutely fair, it seems like there was a very sudden, blindsiding loss of many different horror properties last year (HMH, Disney). Thankfully it occurred in the design process, but Dr. Jimmy's April Fool's Day video wasn't completely off.

Hellraiser would be a nice way assure fans.

To be absolutely fair, it seems like there was a very sudden, blindsiding loss of many different horror properties last year (HMH, Disney). Thankfully it occurred in the design process, but Dr. Jimmy's April Fool's Day video wasn't completely off.
The only shift was IT, and that was November/December.

Was H2018 ever on the table for last year? If H4 was the replacement I’d imagine they had to at least have considered making the requel a house before H4 was considered

Same goes for if AHS Cult & NoES were ever on the table
Halloween 4 is licensed by the same company that owns Bill & Ted and Terminator. Perhaps it was an easy thing to add quickly since they have had a long running relationship with them?

Halloween 4 is licensed by the same company that owns Bill & Ted and Terminator. Perhaps it was an easy thing to add quickly since they have had a long running relationship with them?

Same company as Silence of the Lambs right? Just throwing out possibilities.

Was H2018 ever on the table for last year? If H4 was the replacement I’d imagine they had to at least have considered making the requel a house before H4 was considered

Same goes for if AHS Cult & NoES were ever on the table
H2018 was wanted, but rights couldn’t work (because Miramax). Regardless, Halloween was ALWAYS then final addition.

I don’t think Cult and Elm Street were ever really on the table.