Universal's New Park/Site B Blue Sky Thread | Page 496 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal's New Park/Site B Blue Sky Thread

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is nowhere close to true. There aren’t many in existing Uni/Disney theme parks, but there is a crazy amount of variety
That may be true but I don’t want the new park to look like a carnival or state fair. What are some good choices in your opinion for a theme park ??

Reactions: Dhdhddh
What are the “lands” we are looking at for this park? Sorry to ask I’m new to this thread.

In this case everyone is referring to them as "worlds" since the rumored park name is Fantastic Worlds.

Somebody correct me if I'm wrong, but so far we have:

Nintendo (Mario Kart, Yoshi, Donkey Kong)
Dreamworks (Shrek, How to Train Your Dragon, Kung Fu Panda)
Fantastic Beasts
Universal's Classic Monsters (Dracula, Frankenstein, Creature from the Black Lagoon)

Each world is rumored to have several areas/lands within them.

What are the “lands” we are looking at for this park? Sorry to ask I’m new to this thread.
Based on speculation and rumor.

World of Nintendo-
Mushroom Kingdom
DK Jungle
Yoshi’s Island (maybe)

DreamWorlds -
Far Far Away (Shrek)
Berk (HTTYD)
Trolls
Middle Kingdom (Panda - Maybe)

World of Monsters
Transylvania (Classic Monsters)
Spider Monkey Island (Doctor Doolittle - Maybe)

World of Magic
Fantastic Beast (Paris?)
The Oasis (Ready Player One - Maybe)

What do we think are the most realistic Dreamworks IPs to go in here? My guesses are:

Shrek (Far Far Away)
How to Train Your Dragon
Kung Fu Panda

Any chance Madagascar sneaks in or is that not sustainable? Rumor has it that Trolls may pop in KidZone down the road so I'm leaving that off the list.

Opening day:
Shrek
HTTYD
Trolls

Expansion:
KFP

I could also just see it being Shrek and HTTYD. I definitely do not think KFP is there at opening

That may be true but I don’t want the new park to look like a carnival or state fair. What are some good choices in your opinion for a theme park ??

Here are some:
Flying Scooters - Wikipedia
Air Race 8.2
Backflash-Suspended Windshear

I think it all comes down to theming. Look at something like Doctor Doom and Tower of Terror. For all intents and purposes they're the same ride. But one looks like it fits its surroundings

There are many different options, but admittedly not all would be adaptable to a themed environment. But keep in mind they can start with a flat ride concept, expand upon it, and build something that doesn't look like it can be loaded up on a trailer. Just as an example...

So just spit balling an idea off the top of my head... If they started with a Flying Bobs type concept but expanded upon it to be a Yoshi Race.

Last edited:
Yeah I mean I get the visual appeal of spinners but you can make other flat rides look good too if you try!

Reactions: HPFred
I’m really hoping for a decent Far Far Away Land, especially poking fun at Disney the way the movies did but I just can’t see it. Shred deserved far more than what it’s got so far.

I’m also thinking that nearly every world having a castle would be hilarious.
I'd bet on it. Movie is getting rebooted. The Far Far Away land is popular in the Singapore park. I can see a scenario where there's a possibility of three castles in the FW, *Peach's Castle *Dracula Castle *Far Far Away Castle.

Reactions: therock
I think the best land will one of the expansion if and when School of Good and Evil comes out and crosses over that threshold. It literally will be Fantasyland with Oz, Camelot, and every single public domain princess, knight, hero and villain present. It also would be a great expansion that ties a realistic side to Shrek's Far Far Away.

Reactions: Magic-Man
I'd bet on it. Movie is getting rebooted. The Far Far Away land is popular in the Singapore park. I can see a scenario where there's a possibility of three castles in the FW, *Peach's Castle *Dracula Castle *Far Far Away Castle.

That was the three I had in mind.

Fantastic Worlds: most castles in Orlando.

Question let say if Nintendo World, Classic Monsters, DreamWorks, and Fantastix Beasts are the 4 themed worlds at the new gate I was asking before where would a relocated rebooted WaterWorld show fit in if they could fit it in into one of the worlds what would be the best world for a new waterworld show? WaterWorld will have its own themed zone at Beijing not World. Universal Beijing will have 7 themed zones their calling it.

Question let say if Nintendo World, Classic Monsters, DreamWorks, and Fantastix Beasts are the 4 themed worlds at the new gate I was asking before where would a relocated rebooted WaterWorld show fit in if they could fit it in into one of the worlds what would be the best world for a new waterworld show? WaterWorld will have its own themed zone at Beijing not World. Universal Beijing will have 7 themed zones their calling it.

If they are going to have a water show, I'd rather it be a mosasaur show. But to do that right, it might verge on e-ticket territory in costs.

Here's a crazy idea: What if there are, no plans, to bring Waterworld to Universal Orlando?

Status
Not open for further replies.