Universal's New Park/Site B Blue Sky Thread | Page 497 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal's New Park/Site B Blue Sky Thread

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Question let say if Nintendo World, Classic Monsters, DreamWorks, and Fantastix Beasts are the 4 themed worlds at the new gate I was asking before where would a relocated rebooted WaterWorld show fit in if they could fit it in into one of the worlds what would be the best world for a new waterworld show? WaterWorld will have its own themed zone at Beijing not World. Universal Beijing will have 7 themed zones their calling it.

It'd definitely fit right into Nintendo, I mean they did have a few games for it :lmao:

I’m sure this topic has been answered to death but I personally can’t find it atm. Is there a likely chance that this park will be built to hold HHN at any point like IoA did in it’s earlier years or is USF just going to be the event park of the 3?

I’ve heard that IoA is pretty narrow and heavily themed so HHN can be a little tough to pull off over there so I could see FW being the same way. But maybe Creative and A&D can find a creative solution around those problems that they couldn’t before? Maybe it’s too much effort but it’s interesting to think about imo.

Even though WB hasn’t filed for opposition recently, wouldn’t they want to play nice with WB for the Potter -related stuff?

Do they really need more Potter though....additionally they have NBC Entertainment previous CEO is now heading up WB while still working Universal Theatrical Group so that will help out.

I’m sure this topic has been answered to death but I personally can’t find it atm. Is there a likely chance that this park will be built to hold HHN at any point like IoA did in it’s earlier years or is USF just going to be the event park of the 3?

I’ve heard that IoA is pretty narrow and heavily themed so HHN can be a little tough to pull off over there so I could see FW being the same way. But maybe Creative and A&D can find a creative solution around those problems that they couldn’t before? Maybe it’s too much effort but it’s interesting to think about imo.
Would think this park would be very difficult to pull off HHN. Nintendo isn’t turning into a horror zone and neither would the Dreamworks areas. They will likely do a similar mickeys not so scary here though I think.

The problem with doing HHN outside of USF is the other park's lands are dedicated to specific IPs, while USF has more general lands that can hold the HHN attractions.

Reactions: CyborgDinosaur
Would think this park would be very difficult to pull off HHN. Nintendo isn’t turning into a horror zone and neither would the Dreamworks areas. They will likely do a similar mickeys not so scary here though I think.

I disagree. I think they will do daytime free trick or treating and small scale events like they do in USJ (characters were custom costumes, special games, and free candy all over the park). You don't want to turn off your audience with two paid events covering similar nights.

I disagree. I think they will do daytime free trick or treating and small scale events like they do in USJ (characters were custom costumes, special games, and free candy all over the park). You don't want to turn off your audience with two paid events covering similar nights.
We shall see. Hard to give up free money.

Family oriented Halloween like Mickey's at MK. That way they could do a hard ticket like they do for HHN, and reap in the big bucks. They're going to have a lot of family IP's in the new park(Nintendo, various Dream Works) plus Classic Monsters (if it makes the cut), so the park would be a natural for that demographic.

We shall see. Hard to give up free money.

Its free money but at the same time, Universal audience isn't Disney hardcore fans who eat up everything and say everything is great just because its Universal. If it does not create a real inherent value such as what HHN does which essentially adds ten limited edition attractions in conjunction with a new stage show etc, don't charge. Otherwise you are nickeling and diming which we don't know how the global economy will be when this park opens.

Additionally having something free for guests who kids are too young to do HHN will create a greater guest satisfaction rate which leads to brand loyalty.

Reactions: truejonas

It's not even a question of theme. Universal can make themes work for them.

HHN won't move to the new park. A move requires building a new park with enough flex/empty space to support at least ten houses, which is over an acre of total space. The necessary queues will double that needed area.

The Studios, with the soundstages, tents, and extended queues, can expand up to 16 houses without much headache (aside from queues). There is literally no better place to build a house than the soundstages because of the rigging capabilities that are pre-installed. Entertainment and Operations has no incentive whatsoever to constrain themselves by designing houses for empty restaurants (like they did for Islands) when they have soundstages right there.

Curious if Classic Monsters does happen to be a themed world that comes to the 4th park if it happens to be called fantastic worlds. Will the Classic Monsters land be the only section in the park that has water or a lagoon I’m thinking since Creature of the black lagoon will require water. I’m saying the only part of the new park that will have water will be the Classic Monsters world would you agree?

Curious if Classic Monsters does happen to be a themed world that comes to the 4th park if it happens to be called fantastic worlds. Will the Classic Monsters land be the only section in the park that has water or a lagoon I’m thinking since Creature of the black lagoon will require water. I’m saying the only part of the new park that will have water will be the Classic Monsters world would you agree?
No. It’s a hub and spoke type deal. Water will be in the middle and likely elsewhere. Fits in Shrek also.

Berk is an Island. Shrek lives in a Swamp.

I’d be more inclined to agree if your lack of punctuation didn’t confuse the hell out of me.

Status
Not open for further replies.