Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Halloween Horror Nights 29 General Discussion

I'm getting nervous that some of these rumors of last minute house changes have to do with Budget Cuts..

You can toss that worry out the window, while we don't know the exact situation of what happened last week, Budget Cuts is not one of the reasons. Throughout HHN's history, I honestly can't recall a year where there was a complete change of a house -because- of budget cuts.

Generally, unexcepted changes to a house have happened due to...
- Higher-ups forcing some synergy for them to do a house. (This happened in the infamous year of 2012 where they had to do Silent Hill. That ended up replacing their planned AWiL house, and it happened at such a late stage that Silent Hill's layout was pretty much the same as AWiL's.)

- A sudden loss of the venue to hold the house. (Once again, this happened in 2012. A South American/Chupacabra house was supposed to go in the old Murder She-Wrote soundstage, however a combination of asbestos -and- the SS getting torn down to build Transformers happened. So the house was actually scrapped as the last minute House of Horrors was created in the parade building.)

- Uni losing the rights to use the IP in one way or another. (There's a couple instances where this happened, but one of the more infamous cases was with Scream back in 2015. Uni wanted to do the films, the owners of Scream wanted the MTV tv show. Uni was pretty gung ho on doing the movies, so they were pretty far in construction before the owners pulled the plug. Leading them to makeshift a Purge house instead which had a ton of sets and props clearly in mind for Scream. (Kitchen with jiffy pop everywhere, Drew Barrymore's character hung and gutted, the movie theater from Scream 2 etc.)

Whatever happened last week may have been the third option, especially if it was Creepshow.

You can toss that worry out the window, while we don't know the exact situation of what happened last week, Budget Cuts is not one of the reasons. Throughout HHN's history, I honestly can't recall a year where there was a complete change of a house -because- of budget cuts.

Generally, unexcepted changes to a house have happened due to...
- Higher-ups forcing some synergy for them to do a house. (This happened in the infamous year of 2012 where they had to do Silent Hill. That ended up replacing their planned AWiL house, and it happened at such a late stage that Silent Hill's layout was pretty much the same as AWiL's.)

- A sudden loss of the venue to hold the house. (Once again, this happened in 2012. A South American/Chupacabra house was supposed to go in the old Murder She-Wrote soundstage, however a combination of asbestos -and- the SS getting torn down to build Transformers happened. So the house was actually scrapped as the last minute House of Horrors was created in the parade building.)

- Uni losing the rights to use the IP in one way or another. (There's a couple instances where this happened, but one of the more infamous cases was with Scream back in 2015. Uni wanted to do the films, the owners of Scream wanted the MTV tv show. Uni was pretty gung ho on doing the movies, so they were pretty far in construction before the owners pulled the plug. Leading them to makeshift a Purge house instead which had a ton of sets and props clearly in mind for Scream. (Kitchen with jiffy pop everywhere, Drew Barrymore's character hung and gutted, the movie theater from Scream 2 etc.)

Whatever happened last week may have been the third option, especially if it was Creepshow.

I've never quite understood why they weren't initially planning a house in the parade building that year.

me realizing ghostbusters might actually happen
the-funny-face-of-stay-puft-marshmallow-man-from-ghostbuster.jpg

As I have said before, I am not too versed in HHN, but I did have a random tip come across my desk. Something about an old, red sports car being delivered to the Parade Building when the HHN buildout started. Not exactly sure what that would be relevant to, but this may be news to you all. :shrug:

As I have said before, I am not too versed in HHN, but I did have a random tip come across my desk. Something about an old, red sports car being delivered to the Parade Building when the HHN buildout started. Not exactly sure what that would be relevant to, but this may be news to you all. :shrug:
So I’m guessing you work with Universal.

Parade building is rumored to be monsters correct?