Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Universal's Cinematic Celebration Night Show

I’ll clarify that I have no idea if this is something they intend to add. Maybe they’ve just been having a little fun with the music while testing the fountains. But something has been in the water of late.
Sharks......I've always thought they should have a shark in the lagoon that pops up during the night shows, with a spotlight on it......................Or even a random sighting of a shark , head emerging above water, during special moments of the day, and the SF music plays the Jaws theme when it emerges. Kind of like a Gringotts dragon iconic moment. I've always thought that's a missed opportunity.

Last edited:
I’ll clarify that I have no idea if this is something they intend to add. Maybe they’ve just been having a little fun with the music while testing the fountains. But something has been in the water of late.
Ironically, I've seen more JAWS merch around the parks post-ride than when the ride was around

So I feel like there's a market there

Also, it was Mikes first job at Studios

But something has been in the water of late.

giphy.gif

Great idea. They have the fountains. May as well get as much use out of them as they can. Creates some nice kinetic energy for the park.
Apparently they're also playing Back to the Future and Jaws music during this daytime thing? Could that have been the "testing" we heard about, and it not really be an indication of changes coming to the nighttime show then?

Apparently they're also playing Back to the Future and Jaws music during this daytime thing? Could that have been the "testing" we heard about, and it not really be an indication of changes coming to the nighttime show then?
Possibly. Either way, day or night, I'd love to see this with Jaws & BTF music....And I still think they should have a mechanical shark in the lagoon, and use it every now and then in an iconic way.

Last edited:
Last night the moving fountains on the left side of the grid were down, made for an asymmetrical show. Hopefully gets fixed soon.

The daytime show runs roughly every 40 minutes and has three versions (BTTF, KFP & Jaws).

It’s unclear to me right now if this is intended to be a show that sticks around daily or if it is just being added for this two-week Easter period of holiday crowds.
Oh nice I am gonna have to check it out since I am back from Uni Hollywood. I really think I am more excited to see the Jaws version. I guess a day to sit around the lagoon and people watch and hopefully catch them all, but Jaws seems more interesting to me.

The daytime show runs roughly every 40 minutes and has three versions (BTTF, KFP & Jaws).

It’s unclear to me right now if this is intended to be a show that sticks around daily or if it is just being added for this two-week Easter period of holiday crowds.
It’s only temporary for “the next few days” when I asked about it. Cool idea though. Maybe we’ll see it pop back up during peak periods.

The lagoon is currently drained quite a bit, exposing the structure so that crews can access it during its current refurb. The show will be back May 8th.

Thank goodness. I'm bringing some friends down next weekend and had my fingers crossed the show would be running at least one day.

Question, do we think this will run the off nights (Monday and Tuesday) during the horror nights season?