Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Universal Orlando Price Increases (General)

I would have to imagine they want to actually lose out on parking fees with increased attendance vs build more parking. But If anyone figures out self driving in the next few years even for short distances from I drive the whole season pass structure might change tho.
I've heard these parking fees are pure profit for them

Once they hit the point that it's cheaper to park your car in the street and let it get towed they'll slow down.

Actually cancelled our rental car for our trip in September last week due to parking prices.
Between the hotel and parks charging $25 a day each, the total came to something like $600 for a 14 day trip. That's on top of $500 for the car itself.

Uber/Lyft it is!

Actually cancelled our rental car for our trip in September last week due to parking prices.
Between the hotel and parks charging $25 a day each, the total came to something like $600 for a 14 day trip. That's on top of $500 for the car itself.

Uber/Lyft it is!

Yes I came to this decision last time we went for that amount of time and we actually found it a blessing in disguise to be honest! $26 is way too much to park a vehicle for the day, I really do feel for the families who save up a small fortune on tickets/hotels/car hire/flights only to turn up and realise how high parking costs are!

Edit: Travel agents tend to heavily promote renting a vehicle over Lyft/Uber (as they are getting a cut of the profits) so I'd expect ~80/90% of first time visiters to be hiring a car as they may not realise/research there is an another easily accessible option.

They were $14 per vehicle.

But $26.. ridiculous. $25 should have seriously been the endcap for parking.

If customer parks at Surf/dockside, drives to UOR do you pay twice! or would $26 cover both?

I think WDW you only pay once, but granted they have way more land for parking (have always stayed offsite so do not know)

If customer parks at Surf/dockside, drives to UOR do you pay twice! or would $26 cover both?

I think WDW you only pay once, but granted they have way more land for parking (have always stayed offsite so do not know)
pay twice....hotel rate for hotel....$26 for resort garage

The bright side is there are ways around this (Uber, stay 0n-site, neighbor hotels offering transport)

Staying on site at a luxury hotel works out more expensive.

I calculated on my last trip it would be about the same price getting a car compared to getting an Uber about but the conscience of being able to go when I choose is better.

Staying on site at a luxury hotel works out more expensive.

I calculated on my last trip it would be about the same price getting a car compared to getting an Uber about but the conscience of being able to go when I choose is better.

I did some sums recently and it was $1,100 for car plus insurance plus parking for 14 days . Uber is looking at roughly $5-700, depending on whether you can use Disney buses or not, for the same period. Obviously depends how much hopping around you do as well.