Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

HHN 29: Us

Hoping for two things in this house:
- Pas De Deux and/or 5 On It (Tethered mix) playing in or around it
and
- Some representation of my favorite scene in the entire movie, which is the "dance" between Adelaide and Red in the tunnels. The blog post mentions a "deadly dance" so I'm HOPING this means we'll see that scene!!

That would be amazing!!! I loved that scene.

I'm gonna have an open mind about this house, it may seem last minute but I don't think it will be bad like how rushed Purge was in Blumhouse, they will do a decent job with this house, maybe on Hollywood's end they might have more opportunities but I think they'll something good with this.

I'm gonna have an open mind about this house, it may seem last minute but I don't think it will be bad like how rushed Purge was in Blumhouse, they will do a decent job with this house, maybe on Hollywood's end they might have more opportunities but I think they'll something good with this.

It sounds like they've had way more time on this to change it up than other cases.

HELL YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This has 100x more excited than Tooth Fairy ever would’ve. The movie was so fun and Santa Cruz is only 45 minutes from where I live it should be fun seeing in HHN because I go there so often.
It sounds like we start in the Tethered’s tunnels and then work our way up according to the write up

It sounds like they've had way more time on this to change it up than other cases.
Well of course because the design as it is in the movie was very simple and to the point, put us in the middle of the action and the others work out very well, I think it's just the doppleganger aspect is what confuses me a bit but I feel like they will do good with the scareactors as well, so I'm not too too worried about this house, they should be able to do an awesome job especially if Jordan Peel overlooked both houses as well, I think it will be good

I love us but I won’t lie and say I’m not worried about this house. However I am less worried that universal seems so confident in this house they are giving it a soundstage. I feel like if universal knows the house will be crap they put it in the MIB tent or shrek but they seem to be going all out with this.

I love us but I won’t lie and say I’m not worried about this house. However I am less worried that universal seems so confident in this house they are giving it a soundstage. I feel like if universal knows the house will be crap they put it in the MIB tent or shrek but they seem to be going all out with this.

Wellll, I mean, the house location was based on availability more than anything. Sounds like whatever the full Tooth Fairy concept was had lots of issues.

With Klowns in Shrek, and HOTC likely in Tent 3, I think this is the year those locations gets some credibility back. :lol:

Hoping for two things in this house:
- Pas De Deux and/or 5 On It (Tethered mix) playing in or around it
and
- Some representation of my favorite scene in the entire movie, which is the "dance" between Adelaide and Red in the tunnels. The blog post mentions a "deadly dance" so I'm HOPING this means we'll see that scene!!

I hope that part is their chance to "get weird with it" on this house. Kind of like they've done more "artistic rather than literal" interpretations of scenes in the past. I'm thinking of Poltergeist, Shining, and Exorcist in particular.

This house kind of reminds me of Poltergeist in that it seems like we’re traveling in reverse order.

Shaman’s Vision Quest -> Tunnels ->Pas de Deux -> Tethered Uprising

Edit -
Idk how we’ll see the deadly dance before we go up though. Red is killed at the end of the sequence and it wouldn’t make sense for her to scare us after her neck gets snapped.

What if they use a mirror with the red suit and scissors to show the tethered version of yourself? They can use the effect they did in Halloween 4 last year where Michael Myers switched from the prisoner to his jumpsuit

If they find a way to do that I will definitely be hitting this house more than once when I visit.

This house kind of reminds me of Poltergeist in that it seems like we’re traveling in reverse order.

Shaman’s Vision Quest -> Tunnels ->Pas de Deux -> Tethered Uprising

Edit -
Idk how we’ll see the deadly dance before we go up though. Red is killed at the end of the sequence and it wouldn’t make sense for her to scare us after her neck gets snapped.
I can imagine a crazed Adelaide as a scare.

I am less concerned about Orlando's version than I am with Hollywood's. I have already heard that Murdy told Monkey's Paw that "Black walls are just how it is" from a friend who works for the studio.

At the time, nothing was known about Orlando having a shot at this one, so I am curious if Orlando might be doing the heavy lifting to appease the studio?

Also, unless they pull off some cool effects with the whole, "You have a doppleganger" idea, this is probably going to feel like a standard slasher house with a killer soundtrack.

I am less concerned about Orlando's version than I am with Hollywood's. I have already heard that Murdy told Monkey's Paw that "Black walls are just how it is" from a friend who works for the studio.

At the time, nothing was known about Orlando having a shot at this one, so I am curious if Orlando might be doing the heavy lifting to appease the studio.

If that is the case, then Us will be a huge disappointment for Hollywood fans of Horror Nights.

If that is the case, then Us will be a huge disappointment for Hollywood fans of Horror Nights.

That's kind of my thought process, UNLESS the studio decided to be really active in the making of the house like Netflix has been with "Stranger Things". In fact, the "Stranger Things" house in Hollywood is the first house I recall seeing that didn't have unthemed black walled transition rooms. I imagine that is due in part to Netflix. If Monkey's Paw takes a similar approach, it might be a non issue. It will be interesting to see either way.

I do genuinely believe that Orlando might have to do more heavy lifting for IPs than Hollywood as last year we were told during the UTH tour that we could not take pictures of a certain section of "Carnival Graveyard". When I asked why (since it is an Original) the answer was, "Those areas are not as fully themed as the rest of the house and we don't want pictures of unthemed areas being seen by potential partner companies as it might lessen our chances of getting an IP"

Hollywood's Stranger Things had black wall transitions.

I mean, they did the black wall finale like Orlando (which means they get a pass), they had black walls in the Upside Down (again, a pass because it's dark), and I think there was one or maybe two short hallways. Nothing as egregious as "Poltergeist", "Halloween 4", or "Trick r' Treat". All of those were NOTICEABLY barren while "Stranger Things" felt much more built out.

But back to "Us", do we think the mirror maze will be at the beginning and near the end? They mention it being near the beginning in the article.