Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

HHN 29: Yeti: Terror of the Yukon

Solid house. Definitely straight-up horror, not tongue-in-cheek like Swamp Yeti.

Mild Spoilers:

Icy cold in places, helps sell the theme. My buddy is 6'3" and built, at least one of the Yetis made him look average size. They cast some Hosses in here. The arm swipe gag got me good. Only complaint: it's the same Yeti design and a handful of victims. Gets repetitive.

There's definitely some homages to/swipes at Expedition:Everest in this one. I think it may play better with those plugged into theme park social media than the general public, but I could be wrong.

Does anyone know what happened to that door scare in this house?
I have heard that the Yeti no longer pops out of that door after the guy hushes you.
Can anyone confirm/know what happened?

I just got done doing this house. Me and my friend were the last ones in the house. They said it would be a solo walkthrough. This was an amazing experience and we got so many good scares. Never got to do a house without a conga line.

While I do really like this house for what it is, the only section that really gives me the Swamp Yeti terror I felt last year is the finale in the forest. Something about those huge 'squatches pouncing on you through the trees just gets to me man, I wish there was more of it. My dream is eventually getting a sequel house set in a huge ET queue-like forest instead of cabins and ice caves.

I'm so happy the heart rip gag has returned.

I did my UTH tour before doing the house, and the guide mentioned this scene. Needless to say I wanted to see it in motion in the house. When I got there I made sure to walk slowly to catch it, only to turn around and find a Yeti standing directly in front of me causing me to almost soil myself.

That was also one of my two favorite scares of the whole event this year. This house was super great! Loved the sets, the costumes, and got plenty of scares here as well. Also had a hearty laugh when
the yeti hit the guy in the face with the door.

The Yeti's in the house never seem to disappoint, they find their right moments to get everyone, I also get caught the most in the woods, I was fall for looking up at the Yeti above and I forget the gunner is on the side, he shoots and the blast trigger catches me offguard and I run right into the cave lol

I always forget to bring it up, but I made an awesome realization this past weekend. Has anyone noticed that the hunter’s shot below the Yeti actually ricochets? He fires the gun, but there is an additional “twang” sound effect as the bullet bounces off of the cave wall. During his scare, I (in front) got the air blast from his gun, while my friend (behind me) got one from the wall immediately afterwards. It’s really incredible!

I always forget to bring it up, but I made an awesome realization this past weekend. Has anyone noticed that the hunter’s shot below the Yeti actually ricochets? He fires the gun, but there is an additional “twang” sound effect as the bullet bounces off of the cave wall. During his scare, I (in front) got the air blast from his gun, while my friend (behind me) got one from the wall immediately afterwards. It’s really incredible!
Really? I didn't noticed that, I only thought there was just one air blast, that's pretty cool, definitely check out the house and pay attention to the effect.