Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

NBC Sports Grill & Brew (USH)

From NBCUniversal themselves [Media Village]

Universal City, CA, October 15, 2019 – Universal CityWalk keeps its eye on the ball with the announcement of its newest dining establishment, NBC Sports Grill & Brew, bringing an entirely new level of sports-dining to the popular Southern California destination, opening in 2020.

Located adjacent to the recently opened Antojitos Cocina Mexicana, the all-new restaurant will be designed to reflect the excellence and excitement of NBC Sports’ award-winning coverage, with a fresh take on pub menus and a stellar selection of regional and exclusive draft brews.

With a complement of over 100 HD TV screens, broadcasting favorite sporting events, live stream sports content and in-depth sports coverage, NBC Sports Grill & Brew will offer guests the MVP treatment with the best seats in the house.

The arrival of NBC Sports Grill & Brew marks the ongoing celebration of Universal CityWalk, which has boosted the city’s rhythm with a variety of memorable experiences for over 25 years. With introduction of new restaurants, including popular eateries Antojitos Cocina Mexicana, VIVO Italian Kitchen, Jimmy Buffett’s Margaritaville and Voodoo Doughnut, along with shopping experiences and the state-of-the-art multi-million dollar renovation of the Universal Cinema, the spotlight continues to shine brightly on Universal CityWalk as one of L.A.’s most influential lifestyle centers.

Compared to this and Toothsome, I would've perfered the latter, but I know there's an audience for this that will eat it up.

As long as it has some unique brews for Hollywood, I'm good.

Wait, so it's not replacing Howls? That's actually a shock.

Interested to know now what's replacing Howl at The Moon, unless if it's going to be incorporated with Tony Romas for Grill Brew to retain a multi-level nature.

I have no interest in sports bars, but I can admit there's likely an audience for it, and I'm sure it'll be popular. But not really anything I'm very interested in.

Oddly, I think this gives us a bit more hope of Toothsome coming eventually... it's pretty clear they're trying to duplicate successful brands from Orlando that they own.

I have no serious sources, but wasn't it discussed pretty openly that Hard Rock's lease was expiring at the end of the year?

Shocked Toothsome is not coming yet. Of all the stuff to clone from East to West, I'd have thought Toothsome the most successful. But they want to promote the NBC brand I guess...

"With a complement of over 100 HD TV screens"

Oh no! More SCREEENZZZ coming! :freak: Kidding aside, I think they'd need to make this 2-story to accommodate that many TVs.

Shocked Toothsome is not coming yet. Of all the stuff to clone from East to West, I'd have thought Toothsome the most successful. But they want to promote the NBC brand I guess...

I mean, it hasn't been like Toothsome hasn't been rumored for USH's Citywalk for a while.

I'd agree with @Rideguy70 and @k_peek_2000 that it's probably a manner of them merely just waiting for a certain location to give up leasing.

I think you on to something. I was told now that howling is gone the move was to remove TR with a multi level restaurant.

It wouldn't surprise me if that's the case, as it should be relatively simple to gut both of them due to their location and footing.

Personally, I'm curious if we'll see a massive inward-curved screen for our version of Grill Brew, as opposed to Orlando's outward curved LED.

Two story makes sense based on the footprint of Orlando I’m just now sure how possible it is in Hollywood in that specific location. Makes a lot of sense however with both locations (Tony and howl) on the way out

"With a complement of over 100 HD TV screens"

Oh no! More SCREEENZZZ coming! :freak: Kidding aside, I think they'd need to make this 2-story to accommodate that many TVs.

Hell, even then they'll probably have some extra to spare. Wouldn't be surprised if they put TVs in the bathroom, can't miss a moment of the action! :nana: