Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

What's next for Busch Gardens Tampa??

Except it isn't really a dead spot though, there is a lot of animal attractions on that pathway. Penguins, animal connections, elephants, Animal Care Center and the Serengeti Outpost. The area is one of the more populated sections of the park. Yeah, it doesn't have a ride, but it doesn't really need one.

An area that could really use a ride? Over by the Garden Gate Cafe. That area is a real dead spot.

Iron Gwazi is practically right next to it lol

Except it isn't really a dead spot though, there is a lot of animal attractions on that pathway. Penguins, animal connections, elephants, Animal Care Center and the Serengeti Outpost. The area is one of the more populated sections of the park. Yeah, it doesn't have a ride, but it doesn't really need one.

An area that could really use a ride? Over by the Garden Gate Cafe. That area is a real dead spot.
That area is also home to many animal encounters and closest to residential neighborhoods. I think they have the right idea now with that area being a "festival" area that's used for many parts of the year on busy days with food and music.

I think the Nairobi area could benefit from a new ride, I just don't think it should be one as tacky as a Screamin Swing. Something well-themed and relatively quiet seems more appropriate, and it should be major enough to justify (at least for now) its own area. The permits suggest it will be a small, probably unthemed flat ride, which would kind of ruin the character of that part of the park. Instead, they could spend the money creating something like Turtle Trek but with an African wildlife theme. That would be cool. Also, it would be indoors, which the park needs anyway.

While I suppose it's possible they could add a major coaster out that way, I doubt it. I think we'll see a hotel added out on the edge of the Serengeti and I don't think a coaster fits that plan. Especially with the new CEO having a hotel background and that being the new focus of the company to develop hotels on some of their properties. An Animal Kingdom Lodge style hotel with the views of the animals would do well, and they could even include a train station on the route to bring guests in and out of the park.

There's lots of other places in the park ripe for redevelopment first before expanding the footprint into the animal area.

Unlikely they will build a coaster that runs straight through the Safari, if anything any kind of hyper/giga would probably run along the west* side of the park.

Unlikely they will build a coaster that runs straight through the Safari, if anything any kind of hyper/giga would probably run along the west* side of the park.
I mean, there was supposed to be one there haha

Also, 25 percent of the park can't be devoted to a safari experience forever