Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Universal's Epic Universe Construction Thread

Good to know. Likely won't do it now, but when I'm in Orlando in April all bets are off :)

Also, curious, how close are we able to drive currently to the new site? Obviously not trying to trespass and I won't have a rental car, but Id love to take a look at the new site if possible. Id assume Convention Center is my best bet?
(While not driving) The top of the Orlando Eye gives a great view of the property.

All, please keep this for construction updates and factual info. Move any speculation and rumors to the wish list thread.

Danke.

Haven't had a chance to watch the video, but we're looking at another launch coaster I assume? Was thinking it could be a Mack powered invert before we got the site plan, but those are definitely not inverted supports being shown.

What I find more interesting, lies the site plans when you can see them more exact.

903-siteplan-crop-3.jpg

Original source of the photo: Theme Park Stop

What I'm interested to seeing once this goes vertical, how the dirt will be moved to layer the land in what it seems to be doing, where the ground is raised up (a note, the Mack Interactive Boat attraction's extended queue will have a portion directly under a bridge). I do also find it fascinating to see how they're varying the layout, and making sure that this can be easily accessible for backstage space, with three points for TM's and crew's to go in and out without much issue (the first, next to the showbuilding that's rumored for the show, the second being close to the rumored flight simulator, and the third being next to the play area's).

What I find more interesting, lies the site plans when you can see them more exact.

903-siteplan-crop-3.jpg

What I'm interested to seeing once this goes vertical, how the dirt will be moved to layer the land in what it seems to be doing, where the ground is raised up (a note, the Mack Interactive Boat attraction's extended queue will have a portion directly under a bridge). I do also find it fascinating to see how they're varying the layout, and making sure that this can be easily accessible for backstage space, with three points for TM's and crew's to go in and out without much issue (the first, next to the showbuilding that's rumored for the show, the second being close to the rumored flight simulator, and the third being next to the play area's).
We have seen them bringing in thousands of truckloads of dirt to raise and level the whole park area, so my guess is that most of the park (and HTTYD) will be at that raised level, while the water features and tunnels will be dug back out closer to where the ground originally was.

Wow those are some detailed plans. This is very exciting. I can't wait to see what is up with the other two lands. Great video Alicia... that building some thought was a flume in the concept art any ideas what that was?

Wow those are some detailed plans. This is very exciting. I can't wait to see what is up with the other two lands. Great video Alicia... that building some thought was a flume in the concept art any ideas what that was?
Painted over coaster area. That area is the most non-matching between the concept art and the real plans. Being so close to the "camera" I think the artist added flourishes and color to make what would be some open space look visually interesting, and the coaster lift/launch was moved in to be included in frame as well. We knew the concept art had changes to throw us off, and this little corner seemed to be a big one. Rest of the land in the art matches pretty well to the plans.

Based on all permits so far, minus some minor-ish details, the concept art we received is lining up pretty dang well with what we’re actually getting. Completely different from the Beijing concept art haha

903-siteplan-crop-3.jpg

If this area is themed to the level of detail we see in SNW then it's going to be an awesome section of the park. Very well rounded with attractions.

If this area is themed to the level of detail we see in SNW then it's going to be an awesome section of the park. Very well rounded with attractions.
They've pretty much mentioned their model going forward is to build more stuff like the wizarding world. SNW is clearly an example of that. Id expect this park specifically at least to all have lands that are on par thematically with the Wizarding World and SNW. Whether or not the rides stack up the same is still left to be seen.

Also now that these permits are filed, for people who are much more intune or aware of these type of construction processes, when should we expect things to ramp up? Not sure if filing a permit means action starts picking up in those areas or not. I know we've all discussed late this year for anything vertical but they got a lot of work to do before that.

Also now that these permits are filed, for people who are much more intune or aware of these type of construction processes, when should we expect things to ramp up? Not sure if filing a permit means action starts picking up in those areas or not. I know we've all discussed late this year for anything vertical but they got a lot of work to do before that.

These things for awhile:
I'm excited to see actual movement on the ground, but I'm afraid it's just going to be things like pipes and lines being buried for awhile before the fun really starts.
Right, water, sewage, and electrical will be the first thing that happens.

Minor update, but sure signs things are moving along -- the big hole they dug out on the south end of property (basically fronting much of Destination Parkway) that looked like a retention pond has, in fact, been filled with water. May also serve as somewhat of a moat. Also, a row of tall trees, maybe 30 to 40 feet tall, has been planted along the southwest border of the property. Basically a de facto wall between the park and nearby apartments.