Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

"Old School" Universal Orlando

Another, this time shot from behind MIB. "Universal can't do big fireworks" pssh

That's their New Years Eve fireworks show which they probably get special permission to put on since it's only once a year. Speaking of which, is the reason that Universal won't do large fireworks shows actually because of the neighbours or is that just a rumour?

Last edited:
This may be an old thread, but something that really clicks me when I searched online. I found out that back in 1991, MCA was one of the original bidders for Hanna Barbera, before Ted Turner beat out others in acquiring the animation company. Turner stated he wanted Hanna Barbera so he could have the opportunity to launch a children's programming that we know today is Cartoon Network. But what if MCA actually succeeded in acquiring Hanna Barbera instead? After all, Universal Studios was involved in the Jetsons movie, the Hanna Barbera ride, and the two Flintstone movies. Would Universal have its own CN in the 1990s instead of two decades later?

I'm patiently waiting for Universal Studios Florida 30th Anniversary merchandise.

Nice to see a more complete version of Murder, She Wrote. I only saw the show once in 1993, but the dubbing/ADR section always stayed with me.

So... what's your theory?

My theory is they're just not going to acknowledge the anniversary in any meaningful way because that's how Universal (unfortunately) does things.

No doubt from a business perspective, they've looked at the data and have concluded putting a lot of money into arbitrary anniversaries isn't worth the cost/benefit. It doesn't motivate enough people to book a vacation to justify the cost.

On the other hand, Disney knows they can get 2000 fans to show up at a theme park for bathroom anniversaries. It's just a different business model, with a different base.

This has really been bugging me for a while...Was there a Casper walk-thru attraction where you got to visit sets and props from the film? I've been looking for pictures and videos of it online, but there seems to be little evidence that it existed (There are pics and vids of a similar attraction at USH). I swear I have vague memories of it, but I'm beginning to think I might just be imagining it. Does any one remember what I'm talking about? Anyone have pics or vids of it? Thanks!