Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Universal's Epic Universe Wish List & Speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Regarding budget being cut for EU due to the flue:
I think Universal/Comcast is building this to be around for many decades, cutting cost now, ending up with a Disney Studios Paris or California Adventure is not a good business decision, so no.

Regarding the Hub:
With the convention center just a stone trow away, with conventioneers who have huge piles of money to spent, it would be silly not to use the hub after hours.
Looking at the current resort, CityWalk is only used for coffee and breakfast in the morning but it's dead until about 4 pm. When people leave the parks they visit the restaurants and shops on their way out. From about 6 pm it peaks and dies down until hotel guests ate in their hotel and want some entertainment and from 8 pm locals that are going there for a night out (helped with free parking).
It's wise use of land to have this in and outside the park. I think the hub will be as desirable (possibly more) as the kitschy World Showcase. Epcot is the only park to my knowledge who has an after 4 pm ap park ticket. I think Universal considered all these variables and found a way to make a unique hybrid situation.
Will it work? It probably will have a lot of tweaking but I think it's smart.

Last edited:
I know this may come off cynical but id just shut this thread down for now then, honestly. One of the only things we'll have in general for these parks for awhile is to speculate, especially regarding the biggest project happening of interest for people on this site. Obviously our predictions likely aren't accurate, but what else are we to discuss? If you're planning on making comments like yours (which are fair) I think its better to lock these threads now because if not this is what we'll be discussing in this thread for quite some time. Like I don't see any other discussion about EU other than budget talk for awhile not assuming life isn't back to normal soon. Just saying, if you don't want us speculating about these things id lock these threads now because I'm not sure what else there is for us all to discuss, and it'd save work for you guys. Just my genuine two cents

Or just keep on discussing everything else like before. I understand it's tough with the elephant in the room, but every thread is slowly becoming "Will Coronavirus/shutdowns impact this?". The answer is either "yea, probably", or "Too early to tell". Leave the COVID talk to the appropriate threads, and if something officially and specifically is impacted by a closure, then we can discuss it further.

Or just keep on discussing everything else like before. I understand it's tough with the elephant in the room, but every thread is slowly becoming "Will Coronavirus/shutdowns impact this?". The answer is either "yea, probably", or "Too early to tell". Leave the COVID talk to the appropriate threads, and if something officially and specifically is impacted by a closure, then we can discuss it further.
Very fair point! Hard to not discuss as we're in the thick of it right now but I understand your position. Its gonna effect everything and thats obvious but no one in the world could predict what thats gonna be so I get it.

I know this may come off cynical but id just shut this thread down for now then, honestly. One of the only things we'll have in general for these parks for awhile is to speculate, especially regarding the biggest project happening of interest for people on this site. Obviously our predictions likely aren't accurate, but what else are we to discuss? If you're planning on making comments like yours (which are fair) I think its better to lock these threads now because if not this is what we'll be discussing in this thread for quite some time. Like I don't see any other discussion about EU other than budget talk for awhile not assuming life isn't back to normal soon. Just saying, if you don't want us speculating about these things id lock these threads now because I'm not sure what else there is for us all to discuss, and it'd save work for you guys. Just my genuine two cents
I may have some fun stuff to discuss that won't be related to budget cuts or sad news, so I'd like to keep things open around here.

I was hoping you could let out just a few teases to mend us all in rough times, but felt that’d be selfish to ask. Now that you say this, bring on the goods!!
I had recorded a fun Shark Stop a couple weeks ago but not sure when it’ll be released. After the dust settles next week I might have some stuff worth talking about. I requested some new permits but so far only got land survey stuff so far to go through. Not as exciting as site plans, but at least it’s something.

I had recorded a fun Shark Stop a couple weeks ago but not sure when it’ll be released. After the dust settles next week I might have some stuff worth talking about. I requested some new permits but so far only got land survey stuff so far to go through. Not as exciting as site plans, but at least it’s something.
Hey, I think any of us would take it for sure, and appreciate it! Many thanks, and been on the lookout for that episode as well, usually dropping biggies on there with @Dustin . Can’t wait!

I think that the opening date for Universal's Epic Universe will most likely be delayed, or worse, cancelled, due to the Covid-19 coronavirus pandemic, which is causing lots of money being lost from the new economic crisis caused by the plague. :(

Last edited:
I think that the opening date for Universal's Epic Universe will most likely be delayed, or worse, cancelled, due to the Covid-19 coronavirus pandemic, which is causing lots of money being lost from the new economic crisis caused by the plague. :(
COVID-19 is bad, but it's not bad enough that EU will end up being cancelled. Delayed? possibly Cancelled? definitely not

Last edited:

Posted above.

This might belong in a different thread, but if something akin to CityWalk were to come to the southern property, how might it differentiate itself from CityWalk proper and what would you like to see there? First thing on my agenda would be a more streamlined design. Certain restaurants like Antojitos and Pat O'Brien's were hard to find for a first time visitor like myself...

Zooming in on the high res concept art available on themeparkinsider, although its available here too but you can zoom in on there, the Fantastic Beasts show building as been discussed is bloody massive. Comparing it on a ruler (obviously this is not going to be 100% accurate guys) is like, insane. It looks like 2/2.5 Mario kart Show buildings in 1 major building. Kinda insane. Has anything ever be done on this scale before entirely indoors? Maybe I'm blatantly missing something off the top of my head but this feels unprecedented.

Also, if you look directly into the fireworks, go to the right and you see the end of the building, it looks taller than the rest of the building, specially of the left side of the fireworks. Im not sure if this makes sense but if you look reaaallyyyy closely I think others will be able to notice it. Gives more credence Imo to the rumored Ministry attraction, since that was oringally rumored to involved some drops. I think others should look and see what they think but unless I'm just looking at it wrong its almost clear to me haha. Gotta zoom in though.

Edit: And right where I was talking about the fireworks, straight behind the little skyline you can see on the incline in the building. I doubt I'm the first to notice this as its been speculated but I've never noticed it this clearly!

Zooming in on the high res concept art available on themeparkinsider, although its available here too but you can zoom in on there, the Fantastic Beasts show building as been discussed is bloody massive. Comparing it on a ruler (obviously this is not going to be 100% accurate guys) is like, insane. It looks like 2/2.5 Mario kart Show buildings in 1 major building. Kinda insane. Has anything ever be done on this scale before entirely indoors? Maybe I'm blatantly missing something off the top of my head but this feels unprecedented.

Also, if you look directly into the fireworks, go to the right and you see the end of the building, it looks taller than the rest of the building, specially of the left side of the fireworks. Im not sure if this makes sense but if you look reaaallyyyy closely I think others will be able to notice it. Gives more credence Imo to the rumored Ministry attraction, since that was oringally rumored to involved some drops. I think others should look and see what they think but unless I'm just looking at it wrong its almost clear to me haha. Gotta zoom in though.

Edit: And right where I was talking about the fireworks, straight behind the little skyline you can see on the incline in the building. I doubt I'm the first to notice this as its been speculated but I've never noticed it this clearly!
I see it! also i liked the unintentional credence pun. I mean housing a show and two major rides does take a lot of room... those darn fireworks that i’ll eventually love irl are getting in the way!

I see it! also i liked the unintentional credence pun. I mean housing a show and two major rides does take a lot of room... those darn fireworks that i’ll eventually love irl are getting in the way!
Ya totally, I think I'm finally able to see where those buildings lineup exactly. Ministry ride looks massive compared to Newt's.

Status
Not open for further replies.