Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Universal's Epic Universe Wish List & Speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.
They didn't even use anything of Ilvermorny in FB. Like, nothing. What was the point of even introducing it?
Ilvermorny will probably appear in FB3, as an Ilvermorny Professor who barely appeared in FB2 is set to become a central character (played by jessica williams which makes me super happy, i loved her twilight zone reboot episode)

Since the FB3 sets are already built, it is conceivable that they could do make it a wizarding Rio de Jianero land instead if they had more confidence in the third film than fb2. I just hope those directors stop meddling, it seems JK’s original plan for FB2 was very different from the directors, beyond just the script changes. I already said my stance, but i do think potterheads will still love the land if it stays paris despite disliking FB2. the central four (newt tina queenie and jacob) are inarguably some of the most beloved potter fandom characters, and every potterhead i know would love to go on adventures with them, regardless of the location. Beloved characters and a rich, immersive land will connect despite FB2’s issues.

Last edited:
My mother had never seen a lick of Harry Potter before our first trip to Universal in 2011. The draw was Harry Potter for my older sister and brother, and my mom and I love Marvel, she like Popeye's, Shrek, Mummy, other coasters, but she had never seen Potter. She LOVED the land so much she became a fan of the films and we watched them immediately upon returning home. She became a fan because of the land itself. I really am not worried about Fantastic Beasts, even as an objective fan of the films. Universal has 100% delivered on Wizarding attractions so I really feel this may be underestimated

Also, since we seem to have gotten the layouts of the lands sans this one and the hub with the site plans, maybe they could be reworking what the land is?

It reminds me of Pandora as far as theme park lands go. Probably be pretty to look at and a fun ride, but absolutely no emotional attachment.

I just don't know who is asking for a Fantastic Beasts land. I know it's Potter, but even then, a good portion of Potter fans hate the movies. I'm sure it'll be pretty and all that, WB/JK have proven that they demand high quality over and over. This just feels like them jumping the shark when it comes to Potter content in the parks to me.

That's how I see the Wizarding World now. Works for me.

Also, since we seem to have gotten the layouts of the lands sans this one and the hub with the site plans, maybe they could be reworking what the land is?
The site plan permit for this area has been filed as of March 18th, but thanks to people working from home due to the virus, no one is available to review or issue the permits for public requests at this time.

Oooooo, i didn’t even consider the mausoleum. Maybe another grindelwald rally could be held there?

I hope queenie’s strudel is sold somewhere, it’s one of the most iconic wizarding world foods

Hell, gigglewater could be FB’s butterbeer, but i feel like it has to be alcoholic so idk
Wait...is Butterbeer a thing in the FB time period/setting?

I'm sure Universal will make it a thing, but I don't remember if it was mentioned in the films

It will be interesting once we see Nintendo more rolled out if Universal starts building more new parks (2nd Beijing one, 2nd one in Hollywood), it'd be interesting to see a lineup for a park that doesn't include a Wizarding World. In my own BlueSky for a 2nd USH gate is that they'd have Pokemon and Zelda to lead it. It'll be interesting to see when they're comfortable to have a park without one of the now 3 wizarding worlds in it again.

Wait...is Butterbeer a thing in the FB time period/setting?

I'm sure Universal will make it a thing, but I don't remember if it was mentioned in the films
It’s a brittish drink. The only iconic drink from the films is gigglewater, but that only showed up in wizarding america. Regardless, i could see gigglewater show up in this land just because it’s a pretty memorable wizarding world drink.

My mother had never seen a lick of Harry Potter before our first trip to Universal in 2011. The draw was Harry Potter for my older sister and brother, and my mom and I love Marvel, she like Popeye's, Shrek, Mummy, other coasters, but she had never seen Potter. She LOVED the land so much she became a fan of the films and we watched them immediately upon returning home. She became a fan because of the land itself. I really am not worried about Fantastic Beasts, even as an objective fan of the films. Universal has 100% delivered on Wizarding attractions so I really feel this may be underestimated
My experience to a T. :) :thumbsup:

Status
Not open for further replies.