Universal's Epic Universe Wish List & Speculation | Page 154 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal's Epic Universe Wish List & Speculation

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Are we expecting the Hub to be at least 75% sit down restaurants out of all the restaurants? That’s exciting to me personally, I like the direction Universal has gone with original food offerings the last several years. If we’re getting like 6-7 new Mythos in terms of atmosphere, quality, service, then MOVE OVER Epcot cause this could have some outstanding in park dining

Are we expecting the Hub to be at least 75% sit down restaurants out of all the restaurants? That’s exciting to me personally, I like the direction Universal has gone with original food offerings the last several years. If we’re getting like 6-7 new Mythos in terms of atmosphere, quality, service, then MOVE OVER Epcot cause this could have some outstanding in park dining

Unlikely.

Only two attractions in the hub would be a huge bummer

I literally know what the concept art says, but I imagine it'll be 2-3 flat rides, a dark ride, and the dual coaster.

I always am in shock when I walk out of Diagon Alley, Seeing the Simpsons loud colors on the other side of the lake is a rude awakening. I'd love to have the hub function as a pallet cleanser. Pleasant aesthetics that don't remind me of anything I know, not an ip or anything real life. And I think that is exactly what Universal is going for. Looking at the concept art this looks as inviting, if not more, than World Showcase at Epcot.

I always am in shock when I walk out of Diagon Alley, Seeing the Simpsons loud colors on the other side of the lake is a rude awakening. I'd love to have the hub function as a pallet cleanser. Pleasant aesthetics that don't remind me of anything I know, not an ip or anything real life. And I think that is exactly what Universal is going for. Looking at the concept art this looks as inviting, if not more, than World Showcase at Epcot.
That’s a great point. I could see myself spending a lot of time in the hub areas, relaxing and taking in the ambiance. Parts of Epcot and a lot of Animal Kingdom are the only places in the parks I find myself doing that and not worrying about rushing to the next attraction.

Ya this is a really good point. One time, since parents are separated, I took my dad on FaceTime thru Diagon cause he wanted to see what my fuss was about with regards to it. I took him all inside gave him a good walk thru first ting in the am during extra hours, then walked outside to London and continued our talk and just showed him where Springfield was because he loves them and he goes "Oh its just right there?" Im like ya thats the right side of the park and he's like "Oh wow even by FaceTime you seem to be in a totally different area than frekaing Universal Studios", Ill never forget that! He kinda made a good point how London is SO its own thing compared to anything else at USF. I remember that conversation clearly and your point about it being jarring is like the EXACT word I've been looking for to describe that feeling he described via face time that day haha.

But I don't disagree, it is kinda jarring. Then looking to the left and seeing Fear Factor is even more jarring, lol. I totally agree they're designing this to bring you to many different worlds and constantly re-immerse you. I lovvveeeee it this sounds like Theme Park heaven.

While in real life this is likely not comparable, at least in the concept art that building is really not much smaller than the HTTYD show building in the bottom left of HTTYD in the concept art for anyones reference. Different shapes so the size is not equivalent but in terms of pure length and space at least on a ground level its definitely comparable. Hub building is smaller but its not significant. As someone who loves shows in theme parks, bring it on! Although I don't know if I like the ticketed part but maybe this gives more credit to @Alicia thought about the Hub being open late but not the lands, or later at least. Having a hard ticket show available to the public that could possibly play to lots of guests and play multiple shows an evening? Well brings in people each night, along with late park/hotel guests, it would certainly make sense business wise. Gotta make whatever is in there worth it though.

While in real life this is likely not comparable, at least in the concept art that building is really not much smaller than the HTTYD show building in the bottom left of HTTYD in the concept art for anyones reference. Different shapes so the size is not equivalent but in terms of pure length and space at least on a ground level its definitely comparable. Hub building is smaller but its not significant. As someone who loves shows in theme parks, bring it on! Although I don't know if I like the ticketed part but maybe this gives more credit to @Alicia thought about the Hub being open late but not the lands, or later at least. Having a hard ticket show available to the public that could possibly play to lots of guests and play multiple shows an evening? Well brings in people each night, along with late park/hotel guests, it would certainly make sense business wise. Gotta make whatever is in there worth it.
Wicked, condensed version. :pray:

Status
Not open for further replies.