Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

ESPN WWoS "Bubble" Usage

Finally someone doing this properly rather than just through instagram. This is the quality content i'm here for :lol:

Also, nnot only do the players at the Grand Floridian have a balcony, they seem to just generally have bigger rooms. I really just can't believe they gave these to the lesser teams.

Honestly, I thought he did a great job with it! I hope he can keep up with posting them, it was really interesting seeing this whole process (pun intended) unfold.

Honestly, I thought he did a great job with it! I hope he can keep up with posting them, it was really interesting seeing this whole process (pun intended) unfold.
For someone doing it all himself while focusing on basketball at the same time, it’s really good footage, videography and editing.

Unfortunate that the MLS keeps having some stumbles like this. I hope the NBA doesn't fall into the same problem, but players from all different teams are intermingling and while they are being tested every day, the Disney employees aren't and they are going fishing A LOT lately, sometimes on boats, which requires a Disney employee on board. I'm not confident that a CM working multiple jobs (say working at Publix and WDW) won't bring the virus in. They should certainly be tested at least once a week imo and if I were Disney I would've tried to put in as a part of the deal to have the NBA pay for Disney's staff to get tested since the NBA wants this bubble to be so secure.

Here's what their laundry room looks like. I'm still unsure exactly where this is located, though. Is there batting cages anywhere on-property besides WWoS?

Also, looks like some teams have a spare room that they're converting into a gym:

Speaking of fishing, here's a compilation. Pure comedy at 0:40 :lol:

Unfortunate that the MLS keeps having some stumbles like this. I hope the NBA doesn't fall into the same problem, but players from all different teams are intermingling and while they are being tested every day, the Disney employees aren't and they are going fishing A LOT lately, sometimes on boats, which requires a Disney employee on board. I'm not confident that a CM working multiple jobs (say working at Publix and WDW) won't bring the virus in. They should certainly be tested at least once a week imo and if I were Disney I would've tried to put in as a part of the deal to have the NBA pay for Disney's staff to get tested since the NBA wants this bubble to be so secure.

Here's what their laundry room looks like. I'm still unsure exactly where this is located, though. Is there batting cages anywhere on-property besides WWoS?

Also, looks like some teams have a spare room that they're converting into a gym:

Speaking of fishing, here's a compilation. Pure comedy at 0:40 :lol:

DC and Toronto are play tomorrow instead (as of now). Which indicates the inconclusive may have come back as negative and the unconfirmed positive either isn’t playing or had a negative. Most of the teams that have played (or were scheduled to play) have been in the bubble for 5 days or more at this point. Almost all of the confirmed positives have come from 2 teams (Dallas and Nashville), which indicates it’s more a “them” problem than an MLS problem. The bigger issue is the number of false positives that see to keep popping up.

EDIT - Both players have had negatives since.

DC and Toronto are play tomorrow instead (as of now). Which indicates the inconclusive may have come back as negative and the unconfirmed positive either isn’t playing or had a negative. Most of the teams that have played (or were scheduled to play) have been in the bubble for 5 days or more at this point. Almost all of the confirmed positives have come from 2 teams (Dallas and Nashville), which indicates it’s more a “them” problem than an MLS problem. The bigger issue is the number of false positives that see to keep popping up.
Hmmm, did the teams get tested BEFORE coming into the bubble? The NBA did which I think was smart to make sure the people coming in are healthy at least at the beginning.

Hmmm, did the teams get tested BEFORE coming into the bubble? The NBA did which I think was smart to make sure the people coming in are healthy at least at the beginning.
There have been some inconsistencies, but MLS is a bit clown shoes anyway (I say as I’m watching Kansas City vs Minnesota). From my understanding, yes, all the teams got tested before leaving their home cities and after arriving in Orlando. It was actually an issue for Nashville as they were at the airport ready to travel, but were waiting for results and postponed their flight for a day. I also think it’s a matter of hours though. If one player breaks their self quarantine and gets infected between the test prior to leaving and leaving, then the entire team can get infected because they’re traveling together.

Again, 2 out of 26 teams have had issues. While not great, most of the reports make it sound like their bubbles are fairly tight.

Again, 2 out of 26 teams have had issues. While not great, most of the reports make it sound like their bubbles are fairly tight.
Oh I get that. Although the issue with any team in the MLS or NBA is that if a player gets it is that they are hanging around their own team more than anyone, so if say a false negative pops up, a very possible scenario to come out of that multiple people on a team could have it and the entire team has to quarantine until they have to pull out like happened in the MLS. What the NBA is hoping to happen is catch that positive (or potential positive) and be proactive by quarantining said player.

Also, that laundry room IS in fact located where the Atlanta Braves batting cages were. I'm assuming they put it there so both leagues could use the facility?

Oh I get that. Although the issue with any team in the MLS or NBA is that if a player gets it is that they are hanging around their own team more than anyone, so if say a false negative pops up, a very possible scenario to come out of that multiple people on a team could have it and the entire team has to quarantine until they have to pull out like happened in the MLS. What the NBA is hoping to happen is catch that positive (or potential positive) and be proactive by quarantining said player.

Also, that laundry room IS in fact located where the Atlanta Braves batting cages were. I'm assuming they put it there so both leagues could use the facility?
MLS isn’t using the locker rooms at WWoS. They’re dressing and showering at the Swan/Dolphin.

I know they’re testing MLS 24 hours before a game, and I think every 48 hours between. If there’s a positive (confirmed or unconfirmed) they’re supposed to stop the tram from training until it’s confirmed and the player is isolated.

Now, again, there have been some reports of inconsistencies in regards to preventing training.

MLS isn’t using the locker rooms at WWoS. They’re dressing and showering at the Swan/Dolphin.

I know they’re testing MLS 24 hours before a game, and I think every 48 hours between. If there’s a positive (confirmed or unconfirmed) they’re supposed to stop the tram from training until it’s confirmed and the player is isolated.

Now, again, there have been some reports of inconsistencies in regards to preventing training.
NBA will be dressing at the hotels too and I’m unsure if they plan to use locker rooms in any capacity. I’d assume not for sanitary reasons. That’s why I’m still sort of perplexed that the laundry would be there. I’m guessing the players (NBA at least) aren’t washing their own clothes so I assume the teams are having to bring laundry down there to get it done (which is way out of the way for most).

I just watched the end of the Kansas City Vs. Minnesota game. Soccer isn’t my thing, but it was on. Watched like the last 20 minutes and saw 2 goals scored and a come from behind win. I know mustve got lucky because I’ve never been so pumped for MLS and teams I don’t care about :lol:

NBA will be dressing at the hotels too and I’m unsure if they plan to use locker rooms in any capacity. I’d assume not for sanitary reasons. That’s why I’m still sort of perplexed that the laundry would be there. I’m guessing the players (NBA at least) aren’t watching their own clothes so I assume the teams are having to bring laundry down there to get it done (which is way out of the way for most).

I just watched the end of the Kansas City Vs. Minnesota game. Soccer isn’t my thing, but it was on. Watched like the last 20 minutes and saw 2 goals scored and a come from behind win. I know mustve got lucky because I’ve never been so pumped for MLS and teams I don’t care about :lol:
Kansas City got a red card right before you turned it on and was playing a man down. Also, the coach for Minnesota was the coach who brought Orlando its USL team (which became its MLS team) and the guy who scored their game winner played for Orlando under him. They have a history with the city.

Soccer is the biggest team sport going right now and, with the Premier League, it’s on constantly. Now is as good a time as any to get into it.

Two players (both as of now unnamed) have tested positive since teams have arrived in Disney World. They never made it out of the initial 36 hour quarantine and have now left campus to quarantine.

Matisse is a treasure
Dude came into the bubble and instantly became the best vlogger at Disney :lol:

I might have to go fishing here through Disney sometime, this thing Lake is crawling with bass.

Also, JaVale McGee is Vloging if you're hoping for a vlog that will continue past the first round of the playoffs :lol:

Zion Williamson left the bubble:

Vlog update:

Also, the Swan will reopen to guests on July 29th as the bubble shrinks and teams are eliminated:

Last edited: