Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

The Old HHN 30 Speculation Thread (2020)

Status
Not open for further replies.
That was my question...Did the houses even get completely "finished"? Inspected? Detailed?

I assume not
Sprungs were. I believe MiB and the parades were as well. Soundstages were near complete, but still had some needed detailing work done. Shrek, I believe, was the only house that wasn’t arguably complete.

They were getting ready to do lighting install, which is one of the last steps.

EDIT - Except outdoor facades.

Last edited:
When or if it comes back next year
If??! I don’t think I can handle that :(

Anyways, it’s been fun on here guys, thanks for giving me something to read and be entertained throughout the day these past few months...Thank you too all the staff on here, and honestly anyone that contributes to the thread.

Last edited:
There's still time for a miracle cure guys! It's not over yet!

Right?

Right? :afraid:

kubler-1024x806-1-1024x806.jpg

I'm in Depression rn as I'm just really wiped out.

Low expectations are always best.

It would be cool to see an upcharge event along the lines of a Mickey's Not-So-Scary, only VERY low crowds and no shows. But other than that.. I really couldn't think of anything.
If Disney canceled the actual Not-So-Scary event, what makes one think that Universal could pull one off in the same climate?

since we were talking about a hhn museum type of thing yesterday and the issue is most of the props are in the icons house what if since it’s rumored to be in those sound stages next to the tribute store what if they just open up the house in the day time as a walk through tour of the past and maybe throw manequins it each icon in their domain? Seems like it would be pretty simple to do and create a fun attraction to bring guests in during the fall

i think that some people would be super furious that the houses got spoiled and get angry that information, pictures or video get posted online
obviously universal will do what they think is best, they might do house tours,
but i could see some angry reactions about spoiling the stuff. it already happens as it is when media post vids on opening weekend

If Disney canceled the actual Not-So-Scary event, what makes one think that Universal could pull one off in the same climate?
They asked - I answered. Didn't mean a carbon copy by the way, just more along the lines of an "extra magic hours" kind of thing.

I just got my refund, I literally called yesterday. That was very fast. Once we are back to normal in 2021 I will get RIP for the first time to make up for this year.
Still waiting for ours - our refund is going to pay for 2 extra nights. We're basically turning this trip into an "F It" vacation lol

I think that means I'm in Acceptance?

They asked - I answered. Didn't mean a carbon copy by the way, just more along the lines of an "extra magic hours" kind of thing.

Still waiting for ours - our refund is going to pay for 2 extra nights. We're basically turning this trip into an "F It" vacation lol

I think that means I'm in Acceptance?
Lol my “F it” vacation has me going to universal and then flying to New Orleans to see some friends. Honestly it feels like a relief at this point like there was possibilities of 2-3 houses a night and nothing being the same so honestly I’m ok now

I reached acceptance back in March.

We were on a big trip in March. Planned for over a year. Going to South Africa with my partner and their family to finally see their home. Started in Amsterdam, had 5 days booked there. The country had shut museums and everything down, but we were going to make most of it and then get to our final destination, which had basically no cases .

The day we got to Amsterdam the Canadian government finally said “no non-essential travel”. Then two days later “if you are abroad you should come back home while you can”. So March 14th we made the decision to cancel rest of our trip, and get the earliest flight back we could. We had to extend our stay in Amsterdam by a day, and luckily got a flight out after that extension.

But also very happy we didn’t get to South Africa. Their lock down that came into effect when we would have been there was no joke... I don’t know if we’d be home yet.

Since then I’ve been pretty willing to just go with the flow. Just can’t control anything right now.

We were on a big trip in March. Planned for over a year. Going to South Africa with my partner and their family to finally see their home. Started in Amsterdam, had 5 days booked there. The country had shut museums and everything down, but we were going to make most of it and then get to our final destination, which had basically no cases .

The day we got to Amsterdam the Canadian government finally said “no non-essential travel”. Then two days later “if you are abroad you should come back home while you can”. So March 14th we made the decision to cancel rest of our trip, and get the earliest flight back we could. We had to extend our stay in Amsterdam by a day, and luckily got a flight out after that extension.

But also very happy we didn’t get to South Africa. Their lock down that came into effect when we would have been there was no joke... I don’t know if we’d be home yet.

Since then I’ve been pretty willing to just go with the flow. Just can’t control anything right now.
That would have been awful. Glad you followed your judgement and cancelled!

Status
Not open for further replies.