Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

The Future of Fast and Furious: Supercharged

Recently Rix Flix on YouTube and, as he states, a few other sources he knows have heard rumblings of Fast & Furious: Supercharged getting a revamp. Whether that be a new ride video and longer sequence, new concept of ride entirely including new queue and preshows or a complete gutting of infrastructure with an entirely new F&F concept inside, how much of this is actually seen as plausible and realistic over wishful thinking?

I can’t see with their current revenue and budget that an entire gutting and new ride system be installed but will a new ride video/scrapped party bus concept with a few extra minutes added on really be enough to save this ride? From what I’ve seen, the biggest complaint is that for a franchise of this caliber known for explosions and chaos and outrageous stunts, that the ride captured none of it and is not fast and made people furious.

I’m all for more Rock like Rix Flix mentioned and I think it’d be pretty funny the coincidence that the Rock will have had three different attractions in the same location with Disaster, F&F: S and whatever this new one rumored will be. I just don’t know how much the overall complaints will change because I think the issues come from people not liking the particular ride system with this franchise because they don’t work together at all rather than the actual ride system itself. So by keeping it the same but just a different storyline, will you think it’ll save the day?

This reminds me a lot of Jaws and it’s early days but they made the proper call of completely closing down and revamping the entire concept from switching out entire scenes to re-engineering the physical ride system and that’s the only way I can see this ride being significantly elevated. A complete redo with an entirely new concept that represents one of Universals most financially successful franchises best. My vote is an indoor racing coaster but not sure how large the actual building is (I don’t think it could fit two intertwining tracks honestly). Share your thoughts on the validity of this rumor, your thoughts on the revamp and how you’ll feel if this actually comes true???

RixFlix is not a primary source for rumors for me. I put very little stock in what he says.

The current building cannot really fit any sort of coaster except a wild mouse. Strictly the launch on RnRC, for example, would go beyond the current building all the way to Gringotts. And that’s a single coaster. Duel track is right out.

While they could, in theory, build a second story, it would require removing a lot of the infrastructure for the ride itself.

Personally, if they’re going to change the ride system but keep it F&F, they’re best (maybe only) solution would be the Mario Kart tech, only without the AR element.

4 person cars. Multiple video tunnels with practical transitions. If you want to give it a light interactive element, each rider gets a steering wheel with trigger transmission they they have to time correctly or the gears grind, effecting your time.

It would be much smaller than the current experience, but it could be more fun.

The current building cannot really fit any sort of coaster except a wild mouse. Strictly the launch on RnRC, for example, would go beyond the current building all the way to Gringotts. And that’s a single coaster. Duel track is right out.

While they could, in theory, build a second story, it would require removing a lot of the infrastructure for the ride itself.

Personally, if they’re going to change the ride system but keep it F&F, they’re best (maybe only) solution would be the Mario Kart tech, only without the AR element.

4 person cars. Multiple video tunnels with practical transitions. If you want to give it a light interactive element, each rider gets a steering wheel with trigger transmission they they have to time correctly or the gears grind, effecting your time.

It would be much smaller than the current experience, but it could be more fun.
They fit a rendition of ROTM inside USH's ET building which is basically the same size as F&F. I think if they gut the building they can absolutely fit more than a wild mouse into F&F.

They fit a rendition of ROTM inside USH's ET building which is basically the same size as F&F. I think if they gut the building they can absolutely fit more than a wild mouse into F&F.
How good was the coaster part of that ride?

How good was the coaster part of that ride?
Good point. :lol:

What the F&F building has going for it is verticality. I think they could definitely make a better coaster in F&F, but they 100% shouldn't do that. The parks have enough coasters as it stands. A next-gen dark ride would do so much to round out the lineup.

Would it be possible to do a TRON situation to have a coaster be partially indoors and partially outdoors?
I’d hope the dark ride could have a quick outdoor portion, lol.

It could, though. The challenge is where. It can’t north (Diagon) and going west is a logistical nightmare (HE and service road). East is guest area, and would ruin the projection surface for the lagoon. South has some space, if they give it enough clearance to allow vehicles underneath it.

I’d hope the dark ride could have a quick outdoor portion, lol.

It could, though. The challenge is where. It can’t north (Diagon) and going west is a logistical nightmare (HE and service road). East is guest area, and would ruin the projection surface for the lagoon. South has some space, if they give it enough clearance to allow vehicles underneath it.

....A thought, if I may.

What if they would "Mask" the track similar to the Sons of Anarchy coaster at Fox Malaysia, and mask it in the guest area's as Highway 280 or Highway 101?

My crackpot is in me on that one, but if they wanted to mask it in the guest areas, that was my hypothetical line of thinking.

....A thought, if I may.

What if they would "Mask" the track similar to the Sons of Anarchy coaster at Fox Malaysia, and mask it in the guest area's as Highway 280 or Highway 101?

My crackpot is in me on that one, but if they wanted to mask it in the guest areas, that was my hypothetical line of thinking.
Theme it as an over pass? That has potential.

Launch out over the entrance, curve back into the building. Just straight copy TRON. Not that TRON looks like that great of a coaster, but it'd be better than Supercharged
If they bring in Premiere it could basically be Mummy with inversions

And we'd all be happy haha

I had heard rumblings pre-Rona that they may look to tweak things, but I wouldn’t expect anything now with the current state of things.

I’ve heard similar and drew the same conclusion.

Maybe new footage could have been shot when F9 was being filmed but I don’t know if the timelines would match up.