Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance (DHS)

Welp, my September plans for Orlando got scrapped now that HHN 30 has been canceled. Now my folks are doing a last minute trip to the Orlando parks early August, I will have a chance to come back here to go on Runaway Railway and go back on Rise!

So reading the messages on here, it really scares me that the situation hasn't improved with the boarding groups. Is the process the same, just offering different times to snag a boarding group? Do I have to show up at the crack of dawn again? Are the multiple "pass distribution times" for sure at a few times a day, or is it still once in the morning?

If worst comes to worst, I can always go back on this at DL since it's in my back yard, but it sure would be great to at least get one ride on this during these crazy times.

Welp, my September plans for Orlando got scrapped now that HHN 30 has been canceled. Now my folks are doing a last minute trip to the Orlando parks early August, I will have a chance to come back here to go on Runaway Railway and go back on Rise!

So reading the messages on here, it really scares me that the situation hasn't improved with the boarding groups. Is the process the same, just offering different times to snag a boarding group? Do I have to show up at the crack of dawn again? Are the multiple "pass distribution times" for sure at a few times a day, or is it still once in the morning?

If worst comes to worst, I can always go back on this at DL since it's in my back yard, but it sure would be great to at least get one ride on this during these crazy times.
Currently, and this could change by then who knows, you can attempt to get a Virtual Line either at 10AM or 2PM.

There is no need to get there super early, just be sure to have everyone in your party INSIDE the park before 10AM and have the app ready to go when it hits 10 sharp. There will be an announcement in most central areas of the park to remind you. If you don't get a boarding pass for the first time, try again at 2PM.

Again, they may change the way this works, as it has already changed once since the parks reopened.

Going to find out on Wednesday. LOL

tenor.gif

Went on July 23, three of us all connected on the app. We left Poly around 9am by bus and got to the resort and camped out on a bench near Starbucks, probably in park and sitting by 9:35. Several announcements made over the PA system about getting in the queue. We all tried exactly at 10 and got boarding pass 27. We had lunch reservations for Primetime at 1:25 and got notified at 1:35 that we had an hour to return to the ride. Got to the ride at 2:10 and got evac’d after stalling out near the final visit from Kylo... we were evac’d backstage and received a “fast pass” to return. Went back about 4pm and got a full ride.

Went back to the park on the 26th and got boarding pass 29 and was called around 2:15pm.

I was reading posts on the Magic RotR thread yesterday. Seemingly they're still having constant breakdown problems and real low daily capacity . So, best to keep that in mind when visiting.

I was reading posts on the Magic RotR thread yesterday. Seemingly they're still having constant breakdown problems and real low daily capacity . So, best to keep that in mind when visiting.
I read online one of the
falling elevator shafts
was down basically cutting the ride capacity in half after social distancing. Throughput seems to be getting to all time lows while still being technically operational.

I read online one of the
falling elevator shafts
was down basically cutting the ride capacity in half after social distancing. Throughput seems to be getting to all time lows while still being technically operational.
Yes, that was talked about also. Additionally riders were often making it to one of the pre show rooms, and then evacuated, and given a later time to ride, since the ride was breaking down.

What's up, without taking sides, is that most of the engineers who would be working to keep these ride going are still furloughed, including friends of mine.
Im sorry to hear that. Id say, more reason to not open and operate the ride especially if they're continuously evacuating people off of it. Doesn't seem safe at that point to me, regardless of whether the ride is functioning for its entertainment purposes or not. If those people aren't there, why operate at continuously failing ride if no one is there to fix it?

If those people aren't there, why operate at continuously failing ride if no one is there to fix it?
It's the star attraction and the only thing keeping DHS busy right now. After Boarding Passes are distributed and begin getting called, the park completely dies down typically. Lower than optimal ride capacity is still better than a dead park when they're already struggling.

Last edited:
It's the star attraction and the only thing keeping DHS busy right now. After Boarding Passes are distributed and begin getting called, the park completely dies down typically. Low ride capacity is still better than a dead park when they're already struggling.
Im not even commenting on the fact it doesn't work but genuinely asking regarding safety. Like, is this safe? My initial comment was fully intended to include snark but if the people who fix these things aren't there and won't be there, it just doesn't sound very safe to me considering this ride has elevation changes. I don't understand how these rides work so I do trust that Disney wouldn't totally put guests out there for the hell of it, but I'm just now genuinely curious if this is the case.