Harmonious | Page 20 | Inside Universal Forums

Harmonious

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
It’s going to be interesting to hear how much noise pollution the fountains generate during the day... hard to tell from the drawing how it’s going to look for certain, but shooting water over the top of all of those isn’t going to be silent.

I suspect it's going to be louder and more obtrusive than people think.

It’s going to be interesting to hear how much noise pollution the fountains generate during the day... hard to tell from the drawing how it’s going to look for certain, but shooting water over the top of all of those isn’t going to be silent.
I suspect it's going to be louder and more obtrusive than people think.
Might need to add some restroom capacity with all that running water :yikes: :cheers::lmao:

NGL I think the daytime fountain thing is going to look pretty bad based on the number of nozzles on the barge. Hopefully I'm wrong and the fountain helps hide/distract.

Reactions: JoeCamel
NGL I think the daytime fountain thing is going to look pretty bad based on the number of nozzles on the barge. Hopefully I'm wrong and the fountain helps hide/distract.
I see six nozzles and I really hope I'm just missing the rest of them

I see six nozzles and I really hope I'm just missing the rest of them

It looks like there's likely 40 feed lines with potentially multiple nozzles on each. Theres 10 pipes coming up out of the base there and it looks like each one has a "tee" which would double the count. Assume a similar setup on the opposite side. Then at the top right it looks like a head with at least 3 nozzles. I suspect once these are on and adjusted, we won't see the barges at all. Might be a big, annoying ball of water though.

Screen Shot 2020-12-26 at 7.53.50 PM.png

Reactions: shiekra38
It looks like there's likely 40 feed lines with potentially multiple nozzles on each. Theres 10 pipes coming up out of the base there and it looks like each one has a "tee" which would double the count. Assume a similar setup on the opposite side. Then at the top right it looks like a head with at least 3 nozzles. I suspect once these are on and adjusted, we won't see the barges at all. Might be a big, annoying ball of water though.

View attachment 13678

Ive studied some photos and there’s those 3 nozzle sprayers in each corner. Looks like moving fountains outline the top on both sides, and then whatever fountains they have in front of the screens. Plus anything else hidden around. I think I also saw misters.

Reactions: shiekra38
If they actually aimed/planned to make it as 'Ugly' as possible, they succeeded beyond all expectations.
I feel like this started as a few floating LED screens and then someone said "what if there were lights on it?".

Then they said what if there was a giant arm inside

Than someone said what if it was twice the size

And now we have a monstrosity...Like the Borg it just kept gathering mechanical pieces haha

I feel like this started as a few floating LED screens and then someone said "what if there were lights on it?".

Then they said what if there was a giant arm inside

Than someone said what if it was twice the size

And now we have a monstrosity...Like the Borg it just kept gathering mechanical pieces haha
If, in the future, I ever see a nit picking post by a super Disney fan criticizing Universal for not having pure thematic sightlines, I will have a one word reply to their nit picking.....'HARMONIOUS"...shouted far and wide.

Reactions: frank_1991_
Yes, no matter how good the show, the end does not justify the means, in this case.
It will take some of the edge off for me if the show is fantastic and a must see

I'm definitely not enthusiastic about this by any means, but a darn good show will help haha

It will take some of the edge off for me if the show is fantastic and a must see

I'm definitely not enthusiastic about this by any means, but a darn good show will help haha
My feeling is that 9 times out of 10 that I'm in Epcot, I won't stick around for a night show, due to show repetition or mainly my vacation schedule. So that's 9 times out of 10 with a really UGLY , impossible to avoid, marring of the beautiful WS sightline, and no return experienced.

I could think HarmonioUS is the greatest nighttime spectacular in Disney's history, and it still wouldn't be worth compromising World Showcase Lagoon like this.
Disney research discovered that most guests are staring at their phones so much trying to schedule fast passes and dining ressies that they don't notice sightlines any longer. Breathed new life in the imagineering department with those constraints lifted

Disney research discovered that most guests are staring at their phones so much trying to schedule fast passes and dining ressies that they don't notice sightlines any longer. Breathed new life in the imagineering department with those constraints lifted
I believe this.