Harmonious | Page 19 | Inside Universal Forums

Harmonious

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I sort of don't care anymore either since Epcot is so far from what it was. I don't even care if they put IP character rides in every country. I almost welcome it at this point since it would at least flesh out WS with rides. Sure it would dilute the park a bit, but since there's not a chance in hell of an original ride getting made, I just don't care anymore.

This show just seems lazy in that they have to leave it out there, though.
*** shrugs*** Don't care.

I mean we're getting a psycho talking racoon in the land formerly known as Future World. Just give me MOANA!!! by Micheal Bay.

Sounds like some people have the same relation to Epcot that Bill Murray has to Steve Martin in Little Shop of Horrors.
These are theme parks after all. They're supposed to transport you, which is what sets them apart from your standard amusement park. Now will Harmonious probably be a good show? Yeah. Will the Daytime fountain thing last? I don't know. But what I do know is that WS, which can be one of the most beautiful and in some spots, some of the most immersive parts of any theme park in Orlando, is now just going to have giant barges in the middle of it's lagoon that will detract from that.

So I'd say a little bit of angst about this decision is warranted with the price of admission/AP Price they're charging these days.

Oh wow. Yeah. It's worse than I thought.

You would think with today's technology, it would be engineered to float out when needed. Especially if it looks like that..

Also, apparently weenies aren't a thing anymore. Seeing The American Adventure across the water was supposed to be the lure to get people to the back of the park (and it was designed as such, in terms of perspective relative to the other pavilions), but that will be out the window when the center barge arrives and has a water curtain obscuring TAA.

Also, apparently weenies aren't a thing anymore. Seeing The American Adventure across the water was supposed to be the lure to get people to the back of the park (and it was designed as such, in terms of perspective relative to the other pavilions), but that will be out the window when the center barge arrives and has a water curtain obscuring TAA.
The barges are the proverbial "ANTI-WEENIE"... :lol:

Wow, even with the screens think of the projection show they can do on these barges!
Does anyone remember the laser show they did on water mist and fog years ago - lasers were up in the pavilions? Blew me away, watching screens with fireworks and music? Not so much

So this just hit me this morning. I’m wondering what effect HarmoniUS will have on Epcot’s Fourth of July fireworks? Will it be a drastically different tag? Would they float out separate barges for the tag? Will it be Sam Eagle’s salute to all nations but mostly America?

It will be a shame if it’s a different show because Epcot’s Fourth was one of my favorite fireworks at Disney. So. Many. Shells!

Reactions: belloq87
So this just hit me this morning. I’m wondering what effect HarmoniUS will have on Epcot’s Fourth of July fireworks? Will it be a drastically different tag? Would they float out separate barges for the tag? Will it be Sam Eagle’s salute to all nations but mostly America?

It will be a shame if it’s a different show because Epcot’s Fourth was one of my favorite fireworks at Disney. So. Many. Shells!
....Are we going to see anymore tags is my question

Nah, they gotta put three more out there first. Welcome to your industrial future

K, thanks! There were other barge type vehicles on the water moving about. Looks like it might be impressive (but I hate the color schemes in Future world these days. You mention industrial, I was thinking Blade Runner. Different I guess, but leave a legacy finally left so there is that! (for me any how as that was my first visit to that park in some 7 years).

They are building stuff now so I guess it is all good!

Reactions: JoeCamel
K, thanks! There were other barge type vehicles on the water moving about. Looks like it might be impressive (but I hate the color schemes in Future world these days. You mention industrial, I was thinking Blade Runner. Different I guess, but leave a legacy finally left so there is that! (for me any how as that was my first visit to that park in some 7 years).

They are building stuff now so I guess it is all good!
4 of these around a central barge spouting water during the day and lights/water/screens along with pyro at night.

Reactions: Frank Drackman