Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

New Universal Studios Store (2021)

It looks nice, if perhaps a little sterile.

Good to see a bit of new (possibly exclusive-to-store?) merchandise.

But I'll probably not spend much time (or money) in there if the Legacy Store exists (alongside the major front-of-park stores in each park).

I'm expecting over time, the Legacy store will move to a spot within the new store. The Legacy store is taking up some valuable space so that's gotta only be a temporary thing.

The Legacy signage looks pretty permanent (or as permanent as anything on Citywalk can be), but the Beer Garden concept is supposedly still "on tap"

The Legacy signage looks pretty permanent (or as permanent as anything on Citywalk can be), but the Beer Garden concept is supposedly still "on tap"
I saw the store yeterday and first of all, I forgot how damn small that store is, but second, I don't think that signage being there really means much other than that it may be around for a year or two. My point is that, unless the Legacy store is doing as good of number or better than the old store, I see them moving the Legacy concept over for something new in there eventually.

I saw the store yeterday and first of all, I forgot how damn small that store is, but second, I don't think that signage being there really means much other than that it may be around for a year or two. My point is that, unless the Legacy store is doing as good of number or better than the old store, I see them moving the Legacy concept over for something new in there eventually.
Yea, a year or two was my guess.

I feel awful saying it, but I get some "Aventura" vibes from this new store. It's definitely nice, but I was expecting.. I don't know.. more theming?

I feel awful saying it, but I get some "Aventura" vibes from this new store. It's definitely nice, but I was expecting.. I don't know.. more theming?
It's the popular choice these days at a store like this - open concept, bright colors, cool atmosphere, light theming. This store reminds me of Uniqlo at Disney Springs a bit and partially like the new World of Disney.