The Falcon and the Winter Soldier | Page 9 | Inside Universal Forums

The Falcon and the Winter Soldier

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
With the rumors of Krysten coming back for She-Hulk, I think incorporating Jessica Jones characters isn't far off the beaten path. There's also a benefit that because Falcon and The Winter Soldier got delayed, they could work around this and plan ahead of time to ensure that it bypasses the date of which the rights rescinded back to Marvel Studios. It's unlikely, sure. But I have to think if it's someone major for the long term, that'd surprise people; incorporating Tennant would be a big one.
My point isn't if they could or couldn't do things. From 2018-2019, Feige had a 5-year plan that he wasn't even letting the acquisition of Fox interfere with beside small things like being able to call Wanda "The Scarlett Witch" and use locations like Madripoor, which is more or less just set-up in the universe for something like a Wolverine movie or something down the road.

We'll see if Charlie and Krysten actually come back for SM: NMW and She-Hulk as has been the rumor. I hope so, I just am not getting any hopes up. I'm not expecting any mutants or any of that until 2023 or much from the Fox deal to be implemented until 2023 aside from the small stuff (when Fantastic Four comes out), but again, we'll see on the Netflix characters.

Reactions: SeventyOne
I feel like we’re going down the rabbit hole again of “who could it be” that led to the inevitable disappointment in reveals from WandaVision.

I really hope I’m wrong though.

I feel like we’re going down the rabbit hole again of “who could it be” that led to the inevitable disappointment in reveals from WandaVision.

I wasn't all that disappointed by WandaVision. Speculating is just part of the fun for me. It can be fun to be right, but it's all just fun and games for me.

I get that but this whole wave of speculation is happening because the showrunner hyped up a big appearance. They can’t say stuff like that and not expect people to take that and try to guess what it’s going to be.

I’m inclined to trust him because a) they've already pulled off cool surprises in this show and b) there was probably an emphasis not to overdo it in interviews after the WV drama

But yes I agree with your concern

Reactions: Grabnar
I get that but this whole wave of speculation is happening because the showrunner hyped up a big appearance. They can’t say stuff like that and not expect people to take that and try to guess what it’s going to be.

I’m inclined to trust him because a) they've already pulled off cool surprises in this show and b) there was probably an emphasis not to overdo it in interviews after the WV drama

But yes I agree with your concern
Again, do not get your hopes up for anything "big". Remember, these shows are meant to be watched as something extra on top of the movies to add to the universe, but they still want the movies to be able to be watched on their own without needing to see a Disney+ series.

They are trying to hype up these shows, which is why they are going to hype up an appearance. But i'm expecting The Mandarin at best, but also possibly just a second or third tier character. It would be cool if they had some footage left of Chadwick or something and they were able to incorporate it in, but it's just not going to happen imo.

If Chadwick was gonna be in, I would've assumed that A.) it would've leaked early on in the game, or B.) we would've known from official statements when they mentioned on the casting future for T'challa/Chadwick after the passing.

If Chadwick was gonna be in, I would've assumed that A.) it would've leaked early on in the game, or B.) we would've known from official statements when they mentioned on the casting future for T'challa/Chadwick after the passing.
It’s possible that there was extra footage that could’ve just been edited in, sort of from another flashback with Bucky as the White Wolf. But that’s the only way they’d be able to pull that off imo, which is why it’s far fetched. Still fun to think about.

It’s possible that there was extra footage that could’ve just been edited in, sort of from another flashback with Bucky as the White Wolf. But that’s the only way they’d be able to pull that off imo, which is why it’s far fetched. Still fun to think about.

I'd rather not have another Leia situation.

I'd rather not have another Leia situation.
One way or the other they have a Leia situation to deal with. They’re gonna at least have to show a scene or two of him in BP2.

The difference between the BP situation and TRoS was that TRoS was a mess with no vision. MCU is well planned out.

This rumor has me like...

EnchantedRectangularGhostshrimp-size_restricted.gif

Said rumor:

Building off of the momentum from last week, this was another extremely solid episode.

So Sharon really seems like the Power Broker the more glimpses we see of her.

Also, I’m assuming that Sam’s Cap outfit is going to be in that briefcase? The only other thing I can thing of would be one of the heart-shaped herbs, which would technically give him Black Panther strength as Cap, which is sort of equivalent to taking the serum.

Im assuming Torres is going to assume the mantle of Falcon?

Edit:
Oh, and Julia Louis-Dreyfus as Madame Hydra is perfect casting.

Apparently she was supposed to debut in Black Widow, so we would’ve known her character by now had COVID not screwed things up, but it’s not a big deal.

Last edited:
I thought the last 2 episodes would be non-stop action, act 3 type MCU stuff we’re accustomed to. But I really appreciated the character moments in this episode...probably more than any thus far.

Most interesting part of the episode to me

Was Sam’s assertion that Steve is gone gone. Did he actually pass within the last half year? Or did he go back to his new timeline to be with his kids/grandkids?

Either way it would solve something that would’ve been a universe-breaking issue. For instance, if old Steve was still alive and in the main timeline, I find it really hard to believe that Sam or Bucky wouldn’t have gone to him for advice during this whole story.

I thought the last 2 episodes would be non-stop action, act 3 type MCU stuff we’re accustomed to. But I really appreciated the character moments in this episode...probably more than any thus far.
I’m perfectly content with one or two action sequences per episode. We can get action in any Marvel movie, I feel the main point of these shows is to flesh out the characters.

On a slightly off-topic thing, the viewing experience of a 6 episode show, but 45-60 minute episodes each is much more satisfying than WandaVision’s shorter episodes. She-Hulk supposedly will be similar in length to WandaVision while most other Marvel shows will be closer to what FatWS is doing.

Reactions: Nico and HalfGlass
They gotta stop hyping up these cameos... :lol:
Maybe I missed some press or something, but I wasn’t expecting any cameo at all so it was a nice surprise for me. The only cameo I had heard rumored was Yelena Belova, who was rumored early on.

I mean, of course they’re going to hype their shows up, but at this point, we know the shows have to be small scale enough that the movies can still be watched without needing to see the shows, so there will never be anyone too big as a cameo.

Maybe I missed some press or something, but I wasn’t expecting any cameo at all so it was a nice surprise for me. The only cameo I had heard rumored was Yelena Belova, who was rumored early on.

I mean, of course they’re going to hype their shows up, but at this point, we know the shows have to be small scale enough that the movies can still be watched without needing to see the shows, so there will never be anyone too big as a cameo.

"It’s now time for Malcolm Spellman to make similarly exciting claims about The Falcon and the Winter Soldier. He’s the showrunner and head writer, so we can safely assume that Spellman isn’t talking about himself when he mentions an “episode five character” who might make you cry."

We let ourselves get so wrapped up into the cameos we almost stop appreciating what the show is actually about and focus more on how everything plugs in together.

Zemo simply going back to the memorial was a tender moment. It felt like he wrapped up his part in this and also give bucky a choice as they both give each other a sort of closure.
By making him so focused on his hatred on super soldiers and their tyranny, they really created a compelling version of this character. I really hope we get to see more of him. Placing him into the Raft levels him up to the comic book villain we all hoped he would be.

I'm glad Sam went back to have a heart to heart with the other cap. He needed to have a 1 on 1 convo. It wasn't subtle, but for putting it on such a large show, kudos for getting to those topics.

Sharon is most likely power broker. If that's the case, her getting close to Steve in earlier movies has darker undertones as the original specimen of the serum.

Reactions: Grabnar and Nick