The Falcon and the Winter Soldier | Page 11 | Inside Universal Forums

The Falcon and the Winter Soldier

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Over/under 45% that we'll see in the end credits next week a confirmation of a Season 2?

Not everyone is gonna like every show. I expect to not like some shows that maybe I was excited for, too.

No solid confirmation on Season 2. Atleast until later on in the year.

That said, over 45% that we'll see a title card that says "Captain America and White Wolf will Return."

I think we're gonna see two post credit scenes, one teasing Armor Wars, and the other being on an introduction of a new initative: The Young Avengers Initative.

No solid confirmation on Season 2. Atleast until later on in the year.

That said, over 45% that we'll see a title card that says "Captain America and White Wolf will Return."

I think we're gonna see two post credit scenes, one teasing Armor Wars, and the other being on an introduction of a new initative: The Young Avengers Initative.
I agree with all of this - except I would replace Armor Wars with Thunderbolts. I can see Ross meeting with Zemo.

I agree with all of this - except I would replace Armor Wars with Thunderbolts. I can see Ross meeting with Zemo.

I can see Thunderbolts as-well, if not Armor Wars. But I have to legitimately think we're gonna see Don Cheadle in the finale in some way or shape. It'd make ample sense too, considering where the finale is taking place.

With things as they are now, I think at the very least, the absolute is a tease on Young Avengers. We have now multiple actors that can be into YA from official castings and whatnot, so it'd actually make a lot of sense if we see something of the matter. Especially if it's going to be an occuring theme for all the Phase 4 D+ projects, on finding members that can fill into the slot.

I can see Thunderbolts as-well, if not Armor Wars. But I have to legitimately think we're gonna see Don Cheadle in the finale in some way or shape. It'd make ample sense too, considering where the finale is taking place.

With things as they are now, I think at the very least, the absolute is a tease on Young Avengers. We have now multiple actors that can be into YA from official castings and whatnot, so it'd actually make a lot of sense if we see something of the matter. Especially if it's going to be an occuring theme for all the Phase 4 D+ projects, on finding members that can fill into the slot.
I think a Thunderbolts tease with Zemo at the end (possibly with Val there?) would make the most sense considering the show we are watching.

I mean Val confirms that Abomination and US Agent at least will team up

Ghost from Antman is still alive and on the run so could us her as well. Also since BW was suppose to tie into this..think Taskmaster will also be apart of Vals team

As for Episode 5, I love the boat stuff like it really is nice to see these characters as humans. Also hoping in the finale Sam is Cap, White Wolf, War Machine and the new Falcon all get to fight in the final battle

I mean Val confirms that Abomination and US Agent at least will team up

Ghost from Antman is still alive and on the run so could us her as well. Also since BW was suppose to tie into this..think Taskmaster will also be apart of Vals team
Yeah, for as much crap as Marvel gets at killing off their villains, there's a lot of them around still and you also have to remember, Red Skull is now free from Vormir, too. Phase 3 was a big turning point for them as far as making conscious decisions to not kill off most of their villains in that phase.

I believe the only ones that got killed off in Phase 3 were Ego, Killmonger (which is a shame because Michael B. Jordan killed that role and he was such a great grey zone villain), and Thanos. That's only 3 dead villains out of 11 movies in the Phase and they had no choice but to kill Thanos, given the stakes.

Also hoping in the finale Sam is Cap, White Wolf, War Machine and the new Falcon all get to fight in the final battle
I think this is probably pretty much what we will see. I do wonder if Sam will use the shield though. It could be interesting (if he chooses to solely use a vibranium "Falcon America" suit) to bring that shield back to Wakanda for safe keeping. After all, the vibranium that the shield is made out of wasn't a nice gift, that was stolen vibranium. Sam returning it to it's true home (especially now that he knows he can't trust the government with it) would be a nice gesture if he doesn't plan to use it.

I think he'll keep the shield though and use it alongside a "Falcon America" type suit and there will be a spot for the shield on his back.

Yeah, for as much crap as Marvel gets at killing off their villains, there's a lot of them around still and you also have to remember, Red Skull is now free from Vormir, too. Phase 3 was a big turning point for them as far as making conscious decisions to not kill off most of their villains in that phase.

I believe the only ones that got killed off in Phase 3 were Ego, Killmonger (which is a shame because Michael B. Jordan killed that role and he was such a great grey zone villain), and Thanos. That's 3 only 3 dead villains out of 11 movies in the Phase and they had no choice but to kill Thanos, given the stakes.

I think this is probably pretty much what we will see. I do wonder if Sam will use the shield though. It could be interesting (if he chooses to solely use a vibranium "Falcon America" suit) to bring that shield back to Wakanda for safe keeping. After all, the vibranium that the shield is made out of wasn't a nice gift, that was stolen vibranium. Sam returning it to it's true home (especially now that he knows he can't trust the government with it) would be a nice gesture if he doesn't plan to use it.

I think he'll keep the shield though and use it alongside a "Falcon America" type suit and there will be a spot for the shield on his back.

Hela's technically dead too after Asgard got the cosmic Ragnarok nuke. And to be honest; I can actually see them ressurecting Killmonger the same way they ressurected T'challa in BP, if Coogler wants Michael to head.

Hela's technically dead too after Asgard got the cosmic Ragnarok nuke. And to be honest; I can actually see them ressurecting Killmonger the same way they ressurected T'challa in BP, if Coogler wants Michael to head.
True, but I thought I remembered hearing Cate Blanchett was returning for Thor 4.

I believe the only ones that got killed off in Phase 3 were Ego, Killmonger (which is a shame because Michael B. Jordan killed that role and he was such a great grey zone villain), and Thanos. That's only 3 dead villains out of 11 movies in the Phase and they had no choice but to kill Thanos, given the stakes.
Dead Phase 3 Villain
Ego
Hela (questionable)
Klaw
Killmonger
Quentin Beck
Thanos x2
Ronan the Accuser (technically)

Living Villains
Zemo
Mordo (now a villain)
Vulture
Ghost
Yon-Rogg

Dead Phase 3 Villain
Ego
Hela (questionable)
Klaw
Killmonger
Quentin Beck
Thanos x2
Ronan the Accuser (technically)

Living Villains
Zemo
Mordo (now a villain)
Vulture
Ghost
Yon-Rogg
tenor.gif

How can you even count Ronan though? Ronan lived in Captain Marvel and died in GotG (2014), which was Phase 2. Also, I guess it's been awhile since i've seen Far From Home (I don't think I've seen the movie since Summer of 2019), but I could've sworn Beck lived through that movie and ended up in jail at the end with Vulture among other potential Sinister Six members. Now that a think back, I guess I do remember he died right at the end and collected the info from the drones before dying.

Klaw is not exactly what I was considering a villain, either. Sure he wasn't a good guy, but I think they had used him for all he was good for. Killing Klaw was kind of a necessity at that point to establish Erik Killmonger as a bad ass.

Last edited:
tenor.gif

How can you even count Ronan though? Ronan lived in Captain Marvel and died in GotG (2014), which was Phase 2. Also, I guess it's been awhile since i've seen Far From Home (I don't think I've seen the movie since Summer of 2019), but I could've sworn Beck lived through that movie and ended up in jail at the end with Vulture among other potential Sinister Six members. Now that a think back, I guess I do remember he died right at the end and collected the info from the drones before dying.

Klaw is not exactly what I was considering a villain, either. Sure he wasn't a good guy, but I think they had used him for all he was good for. Killing Klaw was kind of a necessity at that point to establish Erik Killmonger as a bad ass.
The list is has objective inclusions. Ronan was technically a Phase 3 villain, but he’s dead from Phase 2. That’s why he’s listed. Klaw, similarly, is a straight villain in Phase 3. And the whole crux of Spider-Man: No Way Home is Peter trying to clear his name after Quentin framed him for his own murder.

The list is has objective inclusions. Ronan was technically a Phase 3 villain, but he’s dead from Phase 2. That’s why he’s listed. Klaw, similarly, is a straight villain in Phase 3. And the whole crux of Spider-Man: No Way Home is Peter trying to clear his name after Quentin framed him for his own murder.
Now that mention Peter trying to clear his name for the murder, year, I remember that ending with JJJ etc making Peter out as the bad guy. Idk, maybe it's the lack of availability to watch on streaming easily since it's not on Netflix (yet) or Disney+, i've just not watched the movie again since it's release. And during quarantine, I watched all other 22 movies in the MCU with some people who hadn't seen them (in preparation for the D+ shows). I just have felt no need to go back to FFH, it wasn't all that memorable outside of that tail ending.

And tbh, I still feel no need to go back and watch the movie quite yet as chronologically, WandaVision happened days/weeks after Endgame, TFatWS happens 6 months after, Loki happens literally immediately after Endgame, and the next movie is set somewhere in the 2016-2018 timeframe.

Last edited:
I came across this video and it perfectly encapsulates the hypocrisy between Steve and Isaiah's situation and why he feels the way he does. Everything Isaiah went to prison for, Steve did and was celebrated for in The First Avenger.

I came across this video and it perfectly encapsulates the hypocrisy between Steve and Isaiah's situation and why he feels the way he does. Everything Isaiah went to prison for, Steve did and was celebrated for in The First Avenger.

Great edit. As maybe the biggest fan of The First Avenger out there, I immediately thought of that moment when Isaiah told his story. I’m glad Marvel is taking this head on.

MCU has been better at keeping villains alive but still too many good ones just gone

But I think from this point on Villains will live more...my guess and its more of a dream would be that in Phase 3 a Villain, Dr Doom maybe is the one who has to make the sacrifice to save the day and make the audience cry and if they can do that MCU really has come a long way in story telling

MCU has been better at keeping villains alive but still too many good ones just gone

But I think from this point on Villains will live more...my guess and its more of a dream would be that in Phase 3 a Villain, Dr Doom maybe is the one who has to make the sacrifice to save the day and make the audience cry and if they can do that MCU really has come a long way in story telling
Not all villains can live or some just don't deserve to stick around longer than one movie. Like the dude from the first Ant-Man, He was one of the worst, most cliche, mustache twirling villains the MCU has had (and I love the original Ant-Man as a heist film at least). No one wanted to see more of that guy. Ego also had to do - there was really no way around that story wise since he's a freaking planet that was going to take over the world.

It's the interesting ones you want to keep. The grey-zoners, mostly. Killmonger (if he stays dead) was a huge loss to our grey-zone villain society.

Reactions: SeventyOne
Not all villains can live or some just don't deserve to stick around longer than one movie. Like the dude from the first Ant-Man, He was one of the worst, most cliche, mustache twirling villains the MCU has had (and I love the original Ant-Man as a heist film at least). No one wanted to see more of that guy. Ego also had to do - there was really no way around that story wise since he's a freaking planet that was going to take over the world.

It's the interesting ones you want to keep. The grey-zoners, mostly. Killmonger (if he stays dead) was a huge loss to our grey-zone villain society.
So is Abomination butttttttt this is the new MCU, I think they can make ANYONE work. THEY MADE THOR 2 important and interesting, lol in End Game...if they can do that they can make anyone work

Killmonger is the biggest WTF. He was by far one of the best villains ever made and they just kill him, a show about him in Wanda Prison would have kicked ass but no...can't do that better kill off anyone interesting. But they are getting better at it
My guess is Flag smasher and US agent both make it out of this to come back in some way, they also let Agatha/Zemo live so they are getting better.

Also since you bring him up I'm sure the code name Yellow Jacket will also come back at some point, maybe on the "villains" Avengers or thunderbolts

Reactions: Nick
Anyway, back to the show at-hand. I know all signs point to her being the power broker, but I don't think Sharon is it. I think we're either looking at a Skrull, or, a potentially interesting situation, she's an undercover Agent in Madripoor that has worked her way up to a trusted place within the Power Broker's high ranks. You think she sent Batroc (who wants to kill Sam) to Karli on accident? IMO, this was on-purpose. Sam is no doubt gonna show up. Batroc gets a little of what he wants, we get a fight between Cap and Batroc, and this all leads to them finding Karli.

I think it's very possible that Sharon is slowly trying to remove the seemingly high power of the Power Broker from within the high ranks.

Killmonger, although awesome, needed to die for his character arc.

"Just bury me in the ocean with my ancestors that jumped from the ships because they knew death was better than bondage."

No way he was gonna be a prisoner...
I agree on that. We look too much at this as "the MCU" and sometimes seem to forget that specific movies call for certain things to happen. Not every villain, no matter how good, can live. And that's okay.