Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

WDW Resorts - Update & Rumor Thread

Very much tea-leaf reading, but word is the unions have let up on their opposition to new third party hiring at the resorts. Which strongly implies the union expects everyone (or at least most everyone) to go back to work soon. I suspect a bump in attendance limits is imminent, probably either after Easter or first day of the new quarter.

Very much tea-leaf reading, but word is the unions have let up on their opposition to new third party hiring at the resorts. Which strongly implies the union expects everyone (or at least most everyone) to go back to work soon. I suspect a bump in attendance limits is imminent, probably either after Easter or first day of the new quarter.
Yes. With all these hotel reopenings there's crying need for more capacity.

I still wonder if they will sell AP's again....The CP and the international program have still stopped (I believe). I had heard that most full time folks have been given an opportunity for full time work. I also doubt the park kept to 35%.

Anyway, it is great to hear they are ramping up more -- maybe someday a lot of Equity folks will be employed by the parks someday (that includes UoR) as the few I know have heard nothing...

What now? Let nature reclaim the land?
I mean, they'll always be looking to build DVC so it's possible in the future this still gets built in some shape or form. But they did remove Mickey's Backyard BBQ out of Ft. Wilderness during demo for this so it's possible we see them build a new restaurant on some of the land to replace that lost revenue once travel fully returns.

Remodeling is starting on the Contemporary this week. I've heard it's getting a mid-century modern look and an "Incredibles" character infusion since everything must have an IP...

The building REALLY needs this-- if you're ever in the Monorail station you can often see water dripping out of the ceiling from the floor above. I'd guess they're re-plumbing a lot of the building in the process just like the Poly is getting. The 50 year old pipes are due for replacement.

Remodeling is starting on the Contemporary this week. I've heard it's getting a mid-century modern look and an "Incredibles" character infusion since everything must have an IP...

The building REALLY needs this-- if you're ever in the Monorail station you can often see water dripping out of the ceiling from the floor above. I'd guess they're re-plumbing a lot of the building in the process just like the Poly is getting. The 50 year old pipes are due for replacement.
Many of the rooms already have the Incredibles look. It looks pretty subtle and tasteful.

Many of the rooms already have the Incredibles look. It looks pretty subtle and tasteful.
They haven’t yet shared pictures of the new rooms.

From what I’ve heard, I don’t know subtle is the word I’d use - can’t speak to tasteful.

They haven’t yet shared pictures of the new rooms.

From what I’ve heard, I don’t know subtle is the word I’d use - can’t speak to tasteful.
Tasteful may have been an overreach.

I'm basing on the pictures of the Incredibles theming i've seen around the rooms in the hallways, the curtains, etc. I could've sworn a show room pic had been out there, but maybe i'm wrong. It just seems like they're going for a mid-century look with a hint of Incredibles based on what i've seen (which is enough to give me a general sense of the vibe they are going for).

Belvue Lounge (Boardwalk) opening "within the next 2 weeks." Other smaller venues might be similar (not specifics given). Despite the current massive rehiring, seemingly no motion on the still shuttered signature dining.

It will have the same level of influence that Moana had on the Poly rooms. Take that as you will.
I certainly don't hate the Moana rooms. There's small bits that take it from "pleasantly subtle" to "a bit over the top" that I would remove, but the rooms still look better than they did before imo.

I just saw that as part of the Poly refurb they cut down the giant banyan tree that was at the corner between Capt. Cook's and Pineapple Lanai. :(

Between that and walking into Contemporary with scrims covering the balconies on the MK side it's all kind of sad at the two originals with the 50th just months away...

I just saw that as part of the Poly refurb they cut down the giant banyan tree that was at the corner between Capt. Cook's and Pineapple Lanai. :(

Between that and walking into Contemporary with scrims covering the balconies on the MK side it's all kind of sad at the two originals with the 50th just months away...
Poly should be done by the time the 50th starts. I’d expect Christmas would be the aim for the Contemporary.

Assuming social distance requirements are gone by July (per Jerry Demings' last press conference), do they plan to open Grog Grotto with the resort?
Orange County Distancing requirements =/= Disneys Distancing Requirements. That said, it appears that at least some of Poly's currently shuttered dining is expected to make a return with the non-DVC portion.