Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Secret Life of Pets: Off the Leash - General Discussion

I’ve noticed the line for SLOP moves at a snails pace for an omnimover. Could be due to the spaced out cars and slower speed.

That might be by design / not a bad thing. The virtual queue is meant to limit how many people are in the building to begin with, and you're clearly meant to pause and enjoy an interaction with each of the figures and gags as you move through each room.

Do you get to pick a time for the virtual line? Or does it just assign you one....

When we did it, it gave us a choice of two or three different times to return, all about 15 minutes apart. Keep in mind, we did it later in the day... I'm not sure if you'd get more options earlier on or not.

I know I brought this up in the velocicoaster thread but here I think Universal missed with their seat restraints on Pets. There is no reason to make these seats so restrictive. Having a test seat on a kiddie ride is embarrassing.

Last edited:
This is the first video I've noticed that there is actually a figure for that tub scene that pops up, I thought it was just the dog swimming underwater only, but he actually pops out of the tub as a real figure. SO FUN.

I noticed this myself while on the ride yesterday! So cute! It was a pleasant surprise seeing a walking Max animatronic! This was in my opinion, the perfect example of blending screens and physical sets! Bravo Universal!

I bet Universal is wishing they converted TWDA into queue space for SLOP. I’ve seen a lot of confusion around the entrance of the ride and it leads to a big pile up of frustrated guests and stressed team members telling everyone they need a VQ pass, which usually sell out rather quick.

I bet Universal is wishing they converted TWDA into queue space for SLOP. I’ve seen a lot of confusion around the entrance of the ride and it leads to a big pile up of frustrated guests and stressed team members telling everyone they need a VQ pass, which usually sell out rather quick.
People will learn

Its literally in front of the Entrance/sign for the ride and has like 4 CMs in front of it. I'm glad they didn't waste a space that can become a small attraction one day for a Q, the Q is already great.

Does anyone think USH will have another horror maze? We already got House of Horrors and TWD. Now SLOP replaced TWD, I do imagine Universal may have another permanent maze on its sleeves.

Does anyone think USH will have another horror maze? We already got House of Horrors and TWD. Now SLOP replaced TWD, I do imagine Universal may have another permanent maze on its sleeves.
Naw.

If USH was going to do a permeant maze at the time TWDA opened, it was the right IP. Horror mazes are just too costly to run with the scareactors and aren’t really popular at all. Before Covid, it was the least popular attraction at the park.

The daytime horror mazes are doomed for failure. They’re too intense for daytime guests and too predictable and tame for the HHN crowds. They’re much better off just leaving it open as the new “Globe Theater” for events and hopefully an HHN venue.

Last edited:
Naw.

If USH was going to do a permeant maze at the time TWDA opened, it was the right IP. Horror mazes are just too costly to run with the scareactors and aren’t really popular at all. Before Covid, it was the least popular attraction at the park.

The daytime horror mazes are doomed for failure. They’re too intense for daytime guests and too predictable and tame for the HHN crowds. They’re much better off just leaving it open as the new “Globe Theater” for events and hopefully an HHN venue.
It be fair I think you could get them to work but you would need moveable sets. The issue is the Walking Dead is a fun maze...but not after 3 years. They need ways to mix up the themes and places for scare actors

But I do agree we will not see another one, at least for a while

Don't know if this was already covered but while I liked the ride, the mix between the screens and animatronics was kinda jarring to me. I dunno, any thoughts?

Don't know if this was already covered but while I liked the ride, the mix between the screens and animatronics was kinda jarring to me. I dunno, any thoughts?
I agree, the ride is great but the only 3 scenes I'd alter are after the pet car wash scene. Back-to-back screens starting with the cat Chloe in the cleaning machine, then where you see the screens with the dogs (yourself) getting dried off, finally the family adopting you. It doesn't bother me too much but this part could have used a practical set in-between to break them up. Could of been a space issue because the big adoption party scene is right behind these 3.

And people wonder why the overkill on restraints for slop.

Granted, those restraints have been in place waaaaaaay before this happened, given the rides been basically done since last march. But retroactively it sorta makes sense now given the lengths of stupidity some people will go to on rides.

And people wonder why the overkill on restraints for slop.

Now USH is going to add OTSRs. If guests are dumb enough to keep doing this, the ride vehicles are gonna start looking like a that of a Vekoma corkscrew coaster.

You’d be amazed how often guests will do something this dumb. I heard from someone that worked Simpsons one time, many moons ago, that one guy got scared on the Simpsons Ride, squeezed himself out of the bars and jumped off the ride onto the Omnimax dome platform. He was rewarded with a free one-time use FoL pass (Back when they just have those out when a ride broke down).

I mean jumping out of the studio tour is much more dangerous than getting off pets. Makes no sense to have the pets restraints like they are. Are they going ti add restraints to the tram?