Universal's Epic Universe Wish List & Speculation | Page 286 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal's Epic Universe Wish List & Speculation

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
My favorite is reading the comments here versus some of the posts on the Islands of Adventure threads:

You can't have a HTTYD land, it needs to be a Dreamworks mashup vs You can't have Jurassic Park and Jurassic World in the same area, it's too confusing and disruptive it needs to all be themed to one franchise (even though they are technically the same franchise).

The hub and spoke layout is dumb, you need to be able to go from land to land without exiting first vs Harry Potter is ruined if you enter from The Lost Continent as it's underwhelming and you aren't introduced to the land via the Castle from the bridge, they really should have had only had the single entrance/exit.

The hub and spoke layout is dumb, you have to walk too far to go from one land to the neighboring land vs walking into Islands for Harry Potter doesn't work because you have to walk through Seuss Land and then Lost Continent before you get to the land, they need a bridge across the lagoon directly to Harry Potter and waiting in line for Hagrids queued back to Lost Continent wrecks the experience.

The worlds need to be connected vs Velocicoaster wrecks Harry Potter as you can see/hear the coaster and it breaks the immersion and you're in a tropical jungle in Jurassic World and you see snow capped roofs on the ride.

The park can't have all IP rides and shows, it needs to have something original vs Poseidon's Fury is a waste and needs to be rethemed as Zelda or some other IP.

I'm not saying that everybody should be in agreement in every aspect, and not saying any specific point of view is right or wrong, but it's funny how current conversations going on are completely opposite each other. Guess that's why they say, "You can't please everybody."
This guy gets it.

Again... I haven't seen any "hate" in here. :shrug:
You’re really stuck on that word. Either you don’t grasp the concept of hyperbolic generalization as part of a conceptual point, or you want semantics to be your point.
The term “hate” is used because, “myopic fretting, criticism, and complaining with no foundational basis for existence except a distrust in the unknown despite a continued enjoyment of historical precedent” is too wordy.

The only people who hate theme parks the most are theme park fans
Sports fans...star wars fans...etc

I think Art and Business are hard to mix. I don't get how in Video games we can have art like Red Dead 2 and God of War but then another Fifa or COD...or stupid farmville clone after 20 years.

Same thing with theme parks, people want to see them fully realized but that costs a lot of money

You’re really stuck on that word. Either you don’t grasp the concept of hyperbolic generalization as part of a conceptual point, or you want semantics to be your point.
The term “hate” is used because, “myopic fretting, criticism, and complaining with no foundational basis for existence except a distrust in the unknown despite a continued enjoyment of historical precedent” is too wordy.

People keep using the word as a shorthand to dismiss any reservations, yet I'm the one "stuck" on it? I've done nothing but attempt to engage in good faith, with plentiful "I still think it's going to be a great park" caveats.

And this is still the “Wish List” thread, is it not? That implies a certain amount of “Here’s what I’d like to see” would be acceptable as part of these discussions.

I'm not trying to rain on anybody's parade. From my vantage point, I haven't seen anybody in here trying to do that. But it's going to be a long four years if we can't have spirited discussions without jumping down each other's throats.

I thought I read somewhere that the park would have levels like the hotel would be set higher than the park or maybe some lands at different elevations from others. Is that still true or is it going to be mostly flat land all the way through now. If I am I way off I do apologize. Though the levels would make for some great views inside and outside of the park. I also believe it would be very bad on the knees and feet to walk around in this park lol.

The reality is that there's not much to talk about EU-wise right now. We still don't really know what the WW and Monsters rides are going to be like, and how SNW will be received when it finally opens stateside is anyone's guess. So in a way, HTTYD is the land at EU that's the least stressful to talk about--think about it, everyone knows pretty much exactly what's going to be there and it's full of C/D-tickets thus no massive expectations behind it.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.