Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Jurassic World VelociCoaster - Reviews, Photos, & Media

Any reports about the stall? I've read it has lots of laterals but wondering how pressed against your seats you are (negative Gs)

Any reports about the stall? I've read it has lots of laterals but wondering how pressed against your seats you are (negative Gs)

I don’t know about anyone else, but I was completely out of my seat during the stall.

I’ve been on Fury 325 countless times. The thrills on this get close to that, but the overall experience here is better than any coaster I’ve been on. Just a preposterous achievement.

If you imagine a graph with thrill level on one axis and theme on the other, I don’t know if anything that would hit a higher overall score than Veloci.

I don’t know about anyone else, but I was completely out of my seat during the stall.

I’ve been on Fury 325 countless times. The thrills on this get close to that, but the overall experience here is better than any coaster I’ve been on. Just a preposterous achievement.

If you imagine a graph with thrill level on one axis and theme on the other, I don’t know if anything that would hit a higher overall score than Veloci.

I like this take! I was telling my daughter after we rode that 'if your typical coaster has two main elements, this one has four'. I'm not into the lingo enough to even know what they would be. I mean there is no 95degree drop nor are the speeds the fastest nor the heights the highest. But, it is one heck of a ride that shows off some elements that have been in the industry for some time, just never in FL.

To have a handful of elements nicely placed throughout this ride well it is a treat, nicely done. It is like the first two give you a taste in this nice tight area -- then you hit the 2nd launch and it just opens up to so much more! Really a fun ride (for me the one time).

For those of you who have rode it: Would you say its better than Steel Vengeance at Cedar Point?
No. But it's up there. The tophat and mosasaur roll are really crazy though with the ejector in the back. I'm a person that likes skyrush and this has elements of it's ejector but doesn't hurt and has inversions. The ejector off the tophat is like the first drop of that from the back row. It really is crazy that there are these unexpected little pops of ejector all over this thing and then the second half just being balls to the wall.

No. But it's up there. The tophat and mosasaur roll are really crazy though with the ejector in the back. I'm a person that likes skyrush and this has elements of it's ejector but doesn't hurt and has inversions. The ejector off the tophat is like the first drop of that from the back row. It really is crazy that there are these unexpected little pops of ejector all over this thing and then the second half just being balls to the wall.
A comfortable Skyrush would be superb. Sounds like we have a winner!

A comfortable Skyrush would be superb. Sounds like we have a winner!
I mean this ain't like 5 seconds sustained ejector like skyrush but the roll at the end actually managed to make me grab for the handles. I was able to make it leave me a little gap and there are points where is feels like you are gunna slip out which always leads to me hooking my legs under the seat to try and hold on.

I mean this ain't like 5 seconds sustained ejector like skyrush but the roll at the end actually managed to make me grab for the handles. I was able to make it leave me a little gap and there are points where is feels like you are gunna slip out which always leads to me hooking my legs under the seat to try and hold on.
Having ridden Skyrush many times, I was wondering how the airtime compared and hadn't seen anyone make the comparison yet. So does this have more instances of airtime compared to Skyrush, even if they do not last as long?

Having ridden Skyrush many times, I was wondering how the airtime compared and hadn't seen anyone make the comparison yet. So does this have more instances of airtime compared to Skyrush, even if they do not last as long?
So this is based on a back row ride. The first half has some good hangtime and whip ok the inversions and little pops of flowjector (3 or 4) in the spaghetti bowl. Then the second half is when it gets crazy. The tophat goes from floater while you are still going up to ejector as you crest all the way to the bottom. This is very similar to the first drop of skyrush from the back but without the hitch that the skyrush drop has. The stall has good whip into and out of it with some nice hangtime in-between. The outerbank/twisted hill has a pop of flowjector and then the mosasaur roll is just its own thing. Best part of the ride. I think it feels so weird since the axis of rotation is down by your waist so you weight is being thrown away from the vehicle and the spin rate seemed to keep increasing as you go though it. So this gives a really weird sensation of upsidown ejector and crazy laterals. Would really love to know the gs being pulled though that thing. So more "pops" of airtime versus the 4 kinda sustained ejector moments on skyrush. I did have the benefit of a completely full train which gave us great speed throughout the whole layout which should have maximized the forces.

So this is based on a back row ride. The first half has some good hangtime and whip ok the inversions and little pops of flowjector (3 or 4) in the spaghetti bowl. Then the second half is when it gets crazy. The tophat goes from floater while you are still going up to ejector as you crest all the way to the bottom. This is very similar to the first drop of skyrush from the back but without the hitch that the skyrush drop has. The stall has good whip into and out of it with some nice hangtime in-between. The outerbank/twisted hill has a pop of flowjector and then the mosasaur roll is just its own thing. Best part of the ride. I think it feels so weird since the axis of rotation is down by your waist so you weight is being thrown away from the vehicle and the spin rate seemed to keep increasing as you go though it. So this gives a really weird sensation of upsidown ejector and crazy laterals. Would really love to know the gs being pulled though that thing. So more "pops" of airtime versus the 4 kinda sustained ejector moments on skyrush. I did have the benefit of a completely full train which gave us great speed throughout the whole layout which should have maximized the forces.
Thanks! That's a very thorough comparison and now I think I've got a much better feel of what to expect and I'm still just as excited. I'll take more pops of airtime over fewer, more sustained ejectors Skyrush has.

I LOVE CLAIRE AND OWEN IN THE PRESHOW! The whole queue is amazing but I love how literal they were about the coaster through the paddock. I'm a fan of the franchise so I may be over hyping it fyi :grin: