Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Jurassic World VelociCoaster - General Discussion

Oh yes I know they were closed when we went in October - just wasn't sure if they were planning to turn this whole bottom floor into a gift shop and get rid of the activities.

I'll be really upset if I can't ever watch a very fake-looking raptor hatch again.
Only the center is a store. The activities aren’t affected. Although the banners are blocking the nursery. Everyone I’ve spoken to seems to think it may be “temporary.” But temporary could still be awhile.

Full pre-show video with Bryce and Pratt can be seen in its entirety HERE. It's actually pretty well done. Love the coaster running behind Claire with Owen on what looks to be a convincing rendering of the launch track! Very cool. My only complaint for this entire ride (and it's the tiniest complaint in the world) is they failed to theme the metal detectors somehow despite all of the money poured into the attraction. They couldn't afford a tiny INGEN decal sticker and some minor cosmetic changes to make it not look exactly like a rock concert or a TSA check? They didn't need to hide that a metal detector is there but I wish it looked like a permanent structure in the queue and not like something purchased at a metal detector flash sale.

Again, that is the only thing I could find to complain about so this is clearly a home run. Well done Universal.

The only thing I can think of is that they want punters to know it's a real metal detector and not part of the play-pretend show ("I didn't think it would be real, my keys are still in my pocket.")

potential for soft opening tomorrow since previews are done and they seemed to have went really well…?

potential for soft opening tomorrow since previews are done and they seemed to have went really well…?
I'd say a decent chance.

In somewhat related news, I've been told that several attractions will be reopening single rider lines and separate parties will be grouped together again starting tomorrow. Wonder if the timing means anything for softs tomorrow. Lots of last second changes being made today :look:

Last edited:
I wonder if there was any pushback about having the raptors in muzzles on display wide open. Plus the zapping of the raptors in the pre-show. It's not terrible but I kinda was like eeeeehhhh. You know some people were not happy about it.

I'd say a decent chance.

In somewhat related news, I've been told that several attractions will be reopening single rider lines and separate parties will be grouped together again starting tomorrow. Wonder if the timing means anything for softs tomorrow. Lots of last second changes being made today :look:
Single Rider line returning will be a wonderful day

My friends and I miss it dearly lol

I wonder if there was any pushback about having the raptors in muzzles on display wide open. Plus the zapping of the raptors in the pre-show. It's not terrible but I kinda was like eeeeehhhh. You know some people were not happy about it.

Isn't that kind of the point of the Jurassic franchise? Suits treating them like attractions instead of animals...

I think you're getting a little too much grief for mentioning that people might not like it. We all know there's always someone upset about something at Universal/HHN.

Personally, I would have loved a post-ride screen mentioning a coaster train stalling and being.. caught by the raptors. :)

Owen reacts to the Raptor being zapped in the preshow accordingly.

And the muzzles are meant for animal husbandry. That’s why the stable area has stools and farming equipment. It’s for administering medical care and other positive things.

Actually, if you watch any of the "Zoo" shows, they tend to immobilize large animals in chutes (ex. Rhinos) rather than tranq them. I know that the above was a joke but, so help me, I can honestly see some people complaining to Universal management because they were actually offended.