Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Super Nintendo World (Osaka)

Are they really building the expansion now? Or maybe just clearing/preparation work? Seems crazy fast to start on the expansion, the land has only been open for 3 months.

Are they really building the expansion now? Or maybe just clearing/preparation work? Seems crazy fast to start on the expansion, the land has only been open for 3 months.
They're building it. All of the clearing and prep work has already been done, along with some of the construction as well. And DK was probably always meant to open in 2022, it's just SNW got delayed by eight months due to COVID.

I am going to Japan for my honeymoon next spring break because we just cannot wait for this thing to open stateside (and dont trust Hollywood to have it done by then) and if DK has a slight chance to be up by then even for softs..... oh my

They've already started per some pictures on the interwebs

Universal seems like they want the expansion quick...no surprise

Every time I watch the videos related to Super Nintendo World on YouTube, I’m still very impressed with the kineticism, interactivity, and detail of the land with the charm of the Mario franchise - It’s remarkable!

Can they expand the Power Band lines with more characters? Rosalina, Pauline, Donkey Kong, Wario, Waluligi, Birdo, and Toadette are some of the characters to name many as I could. They could also do a Halloween overlay with the bosses and recurring enemies from the series too.

Every time I watch the videos related to Super Nintendo World on YouTube, I’m still very impressed with the kineticism, interactivity, and detail of the land with the charm of the Mario franchise - It’s remarkable!

Can they expand the Power Band lines with more characters? Rosalina, Pauline, Donkey Kong, Wario, Waluligi, Birdo, and Toadette are some of the characters to name many as I could. They could also do a Halloween overlay with the bosses and recurring enemies from the series too.
I don’t see why not! Just like people joke that Butterbeer and wands funded Epic Universe, Power Bands will fund universal’s 4th park lol

Let’s just hope Universal doesn’t snub Waluigi like how he always gets omitted in the Super Smash Bros series as an assist trophy rather than as a playable character like how everyone wanted it so highly. He maybe a meme, but has a fanbase.