Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Halloween Horror Nights 2021 (USH) - News & Info

It's worth noting that SeaWorld San Diego formally unveiled their version of Howl-O-Scream for 2021 today.. might this be a sign of Universal prepping HHN Hollywood's first announcement to counter HOS San Diego?

Since SWSD announced their event officially, it’s time for HHN to pull the trigger

You know, it’s interesting. Typically when insiders get information it’s because someone has access some particular aspect of a house: sketches, layouts, costumes, etc. Masks can establish an IP for insiders if it’s iconic enough.

And the H3 masks are pretty recognizable if you know what they’re from. But the trailer does prove that the H3 masks don’t specifically have to be FOR H3. And there’s that thought floating around that a H3 house would include Michael.

Is it possible we had the pieces to the puzzle, and just put it together wrong?

Hmmm…

The plot thickens.. could we have been bamboozled this whole time?

The plot thickens.. could we have been bamboozled this whole time?
If it is Halloween kills then silver shamrock would have to play a pretty big role in the movie to be the main facade of the maze, I can see it being Halloween kills but my money is still on season of the witch

If it is Halloween kills then silver shamrock would have to play a pretty big role in the movie to be the main facade of the maze, I can see it being Halloween kills but my money is still on season of the witch

Didn't the Silver Shamrock signage get taken down? Perhaps they may be able to retrofit portions of it, to match that of the alleyway's of Haddonfield; to try and to skirt-tail it away from Season of The Witch.

Didn't the Silver Shamrock signage get taken down? Perhaps they may be able to retrofit portions of it, to match that of the alleyway's of Haddonfield; to try and to skirt-tail it away from Season of The Witch.
I rather have a HK maze and also, I know it’s June but since we still haven’t received an official announcement, I’m starting to think we will get the entire event as an announcement just like Howl O Scream

I noticed that for the August Midsummer "Awaken the Spirits"event, HHN isn't even listed as a panelist, yet SFMM FF is. While I wouldn't necessarily rule out a surprise appearance/addition at the last minute, the fact they're not even initially listed as a headliner as they usually are implies announcements are going to be handled differently this year. At this point, I agree it could just be a whole event announcement.

I noticed that for the August Midsummer "Awaken the Spirits"event, HHN isn't even listed as a panelist, yet SFMM FF is. While I wouldn't necessarily rule out a surprise appearance/addition at the last minute, the fact they're not even initially listed as a headliner as they usually are implies announcements are going to be handled differently this year. At this point, I agree it could just be a whole event announcement.

Didn't they do that with 2011 and 2010? I can honestly see that, especially with the lack of Beetlejuice being properly announced, and Bride already being at Orlando from last year, that they are willing to just say "Screw it" and have a media event to talk about the lineup.

Didn't they do that with 2011 and 2010? I can honestly see that, especially with the lack of Beetlejuice being properly announced, and Bride already being at Orlando from last year, that they are willing to just say "Screw it" and have a media event to talk about the lineup.
They handled announcements slightly differently in 2010.

August 3rd: HOTC 3D
August 18th: Vampire Castle of the Undead
August 19th: A Nightmare on Elm Street Never Sleep Again
August 26th: Terror Tram, Friday the 13th Kill Jason Kill, and Saw Game On.

2011 was relatively a normal announcement season.

July 19th: The Thing Assimilation
July 27th: Hostel Hunting Season
August 2nd: Alice Cooper Welcome to my Nightmare
August 3rd: HOTC 3D
August 18th: The Wolfman
August 25th: La Llorona

They typically don't do bulk announcements. They occasionally do but most other times they just announce them one day apart from another (See Insidious and Blumhouse 2017 announcements).

My guess is that announcement season is going to start after the 4th of July.

Last edited:
I think Hollywood is probably still getting H3. The entire house would more than likely have to be changed if it is Halloween kills and I just don't see them completely scrapping one house with Michael Myers for another house with Michael Myers.

I think the event will be wack if there are no scare zones. It’s a deal breaker for me and I’ll just go to Orlando instead.
For the rest of us that can’t drop money on a round trip, and potential time for travel quarantines (which are unlikely but not impossible), I think just mazes is fine. Not the time to be picky when it comes to this stuff imo

For the rest of us that can’t drop money on a round trip, and potential time for travel quarantines (which are unlikely but not impossible), I think just mazes is fine. Not the time to be picky when it comes to this stuff imo
I hear ya. I have a good work situation. Just had a new baby son, so a couple months from now will be a good time to finally hit the parks again. I prefer Cali. But I’ll hit Orlando if I have to. I like the shorter plane ride from Seattle. I do hope it’s a full event. I MIGHT consider Cali over Orlando no matter what.. IF they make the mazes accessible during daytime hours.

I hear ya. I have a good work situation. Just had a new baby son, so a couple months from now will be a good time to finally hit the parks again. I prefer Cali. But I’ll hit Orlando if I have to. I like the shorter plane ride from Seattle. I do hope it’s a full event. I MIGHT consider Cali over Orlando no matter what.. IF they make the mazes accessible during daytime hours.
Dude, if you're going to be flying anyway, just do Orlando. It's going to be a full event. Hollywood not doing scarezones is just a bizarre move to me. If their argument is that they don't feel comfortable with it because of Covid concerns, well, you have the houses, which would be worse! I'm kinda baffled why they won't even do the bare minimum.

I understand all of the craziness of the past year and a half not making things easy, but I have a feeling this is going to be worse than 2017.

Dude, if you're going to be flying anyway, just do Orlando. It's going to be a full event. Hollywood not doing scarezones is just a bizarre move to me. If their argument is that they don't feel comfortable with it because of Covid concerns, well, you have the houses, which would be worse! I'm kinda baffled why they won't even do the bare minimum.

I understand all of the craziness of the past year and a half not making things easy, but I have a feeling this is going to be worse than 2017.
Yeah and if you can't go to Orlando and are stuck with Cali there are still much better options than HHN Hollywood. You literally got Knotts and then a Bunch of different home haunts to choose from (Who most of which is better than the stuff at HHN Hollywood).

But if you have the choice between HHN Hollywood or Orlando whether Hollywood has Zones or not just choose Orlando. Everything shown with Bride, Tooth, Beetle, and Puppet have been insane so I can't imagine how the other 6 mazes are for them.

I’ll go ahead and say, on the scareactor application they asked for your preference of being cast in a maze or in the streets.

Hypothetically speaking, maybe while not dedicated scarezones, they may try to have "Hoardes" around the park at random spots? To atleast give some kinetic energy?

If Orlando's doing scarezones, I see no reason why Hollywood couldn't offer atleast Hoardes.

Hypothetically speaking, maybe while not dedicated scarezones, they may try to have "Hoardes" around the park at random spots? To atleast give some kinetic energy?

If Orlando's doing scarezones, I see no reason why Hollywood couldn't offer atleast Hoardes.

Not to get into a comparison game, but I have Knott's friends who are currently being told they are tentatively bringing back streets there.

I imagine Universal realizes this and knows they probably have to match or at least plan to match.

The green Silver Shamrock emblem is still on the side of the building, for what it’s worth. My wife and I saw it leaving Water World on Saturday. It’s only visible if you peak behind the fence, not like the other signage that you could see from anywhere.

The sound of HK replacing H3 sounds so hype and awesome that it should've been the indication to everyone its very likely not happening lol.
Not completely unlikely, especially with the references to H3 in the Hk trailer, but definitely improbable.
Not to get into a comparison game, but I have Knott's friends who are currently being told they are tentatively bringing back streets there.

I imagine Universal realizes this and knows they probably have to match or at least plan to match.
I’d be very surprised if there were no streets at KSF almost mainly due to the established history it has at the event. I would be suprised if they didn’t open zones (maybe limited to just GTS and Boardwalk) if the choice is “available” (within pre-existing/potential new guidelines). Either way, Knott’s obviously has more riding on scary farm w/ it making up a substantial amount of yearly income, HHN is most definitely not the same way. I could see them majorly altering the event to allow for increased merchandise sale (opening Wizarding world and eventually SNW in some capacity), the deletion of costly and perhaps unpopular zones (most gen pop I’ve seen stays in the scare-free Springfield or Lower Lot), and even perhaps a difference in ticketing all under the guise of Covid related changes.