Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Six Flags Magic Mountain

Yeah, but that ride is super minor and not on the Flash Pass list, so the confusion is pretty minimal. While a yellow track would fit Flash, I can't see it either.

Same reason for Wonder Woman... the Lasso of Truth flat ride is right there. It seems pretty rare for SF to use the same hero for two separate rides that are next to each other. I can't think of a single example, although I suppose there must be one somewhere.

Are we sure the track is yellow? I thought a poster said the supports are yellow. Really, Joker makes the most sense to me, but I don't think that'd be yellow at all, so I'm inclinded to think there's just an error, or a character we're all overlooking.

It could be a GL: First Flight situation where part of the ride is a different track color. Also note this may not even be for SFMM at all.

It also could be a change in plans. They've had the entire pandemic to make any changes that needed to be made. Perhaps they decided to replace a super "hero" with another hero, rather than a villain.

Either way, I can see this ride tying in with the new Flash movie (like Terminator:Salvation).

Last edited:
Or yes, this could be for a different park.

In the reddit post though--people seemed to mention that the track pieces that was being shipped, had been seemingly noted to be for Magic Mountain proper. And as @Pacific Fun says, the fact that Discovery Kingdom decided to retheme V2 (a shuttle coaster right in-front of the park) off of The Flash makes me think the Flashpass situation may be a bit of a redundant one. Same goes for Wonder Woman, as it can be a situation to where the current Golden Lasso Flat (*yes I said coaster; words confuse me again) can simply get a new paint job and name change; and it wouldn't be that big of an issue either for that attraction.

In the reddit post though--people seemed to mention that the track pieces that was being shipped, had been seemingly noted to be for Magic Mountain proper. And as @Pacific Fun says, the fact that Discovery Kingdom decided to retheme V2 (a shuttle coaster right in-front of the park) off of The Flash makes me think the Flashpass situation may be a bit of a redundant one. Same goes for Wonder Woman, as it can be a situation to where the current Golden Lasso coaster can simply get a new paint job and name change; and it wouldn't be that big of an issue either for that attraction.

I agree...and I just talked to someone who's a pretty good source who thinks things will go just as you just explained.

Counterpoint, it wont be any of those heroes solely on the premise I would never see MM going out of their way to retheme a flat ride just to move the IP over to another coaster.

^ You mean change those $50 cardboard cutouts? lol.
I'm being factitious, but those flats are not very well themed at all. They could leave them exactly as they are, build another Flash ride with a different moniker at the end, and keep it moving lol

Last edited:
Counterpoint, it wont be any of those heroes solely on the premise I would never see MM going out of their way to retheme a flat ride just to move the IP over to another coaster.

Counter to that counterpoint--with Six Flags Magic Mountain going through the efforts of refurbishing elements of their park from multiple instances in the past few years; I would argue that it wouldn't be that much of an issue. Does that mean spending more finances to a project--sure; but it isn't the first time that they've done refreshes and fixes at the Six Flags parks, as small tweaks during the time.

Also, while I'm at it: If you're ever near the San Francisco/Sacramento area, try a ride on V2 if you haven't already. It's one of the strangest impulse launch experiences I've ever been on. Even as SFDK being my home, I don't get to ride V2 much as it's usually down. So if you do get a ride, consider yourself lucky.

We'll know who the coaster is themed to for sure once we see the supports.

A Robin coaster would be kind of cool, ngl. I'm sick of the same cookie cutter characters. It was awesome when Wonder Woman FINALLY got her first major attraction with Giant Frisbee (to coincide with the release of Wonder Woman 2017) at SFDK. But then they used her name on EVERYTHING after that.

Last edited:
With a second Shazam movie being filmed right now, I's guess Warner may be pushing for a Shazam attraction. I know they did the same for Green Lantern (and then the movie tanked and so did the SF attractions).

Counter to that counterpoint--with Six Flags Magic Mountain going through the efforts of refurbishing elements of their park from multiple instances in the past few years; I would argue that it wouldn't be that much of an issue. Does that mean spending more finances to a project--sure; but it isn't the first time that they've done refreshes and fixes at the Six Flags parks, as small tweaks during the time.
Those efforts left with Neal Thurman.

Really strange that these raptor models keep being bought for bigger parks, i wouldve expected to see a trex model go to magic mountain of all places but hey its still exciting, if they wanna be clever about it the yellow could indicate maybe sinestro since itd be on the plot of land green lantern was but idk if theyd want to theme a whole coaster around a green lantern villain of all the characters to choose from.