Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Knott's Scary Farm 2021

Ooooh, I like! A roaring 20's/Prohibition kind of theme is not something you normally see at a Haunt, so I'm very intrigued by this!

Also....
Are they also doing a speakeasy?

They straight-up mention giving the Bouncer a secret password, so it sounds likes it!

A secret bar/entertainment would be a bold move for a theme park haunt. I know Dark Harbor loved having it's secret bars, but this one would be really tied in nicely to it's theme.

Hopefully it makes up for the small space with it being well executed and detailed?

Really found the Hollows and Forsaken Lake to be dull on their first year but then massively improved the 2nd year so I'm hoping it's different with this zone.
Believe it or not, I am not against it being a smaller zone as long as it works thematically

As well, I imaging staffing will be an issue this year (as it seems to be at all parks) so it might benefit from a tinier footprint

Play the right music, get the right character look, and make that speakeasy a real thing and I will be happy

I am curious what sort of footprint this zone will have?

I am thinking all of Charleston Circle, possibly slightly past Johnny Rocket's, and over to the train tracks by the theater entrance.

I doubt they get to do the main Calico stage area, so this could be a really small zone.

I can see it only being from where the current speakeasy is now (Cordy's Corner/Memory Lane area) to the railroad tracks. They just did a lot of work the last year refreshing that area and giving it an Art Deco theme. They may expand the zone to the fountain but I also know that Carnevil generally spills into that area too. The bouncer tidbit is interesting. Looks like we'll have to wait and see what they end up doing there.

I wonder if in the future we could get some kind of maze that ties into the theme in the old bumper cars area. It's been a while since they've put a maze there.

I can see it only being from where the current speakeasy is now (Cordy's Corner/Memory Lane area) to the railroad tracks. They just did a lot of work the last year refreshing that area and giving it an Art Deco theme. They may expand the zone to the fountain but I also know that Carnevil generally spills into that area too. The bouncer tidbit is interesting. Looks like we'll have to wait and see what they end up doing there.

I wonder if in the future we could get some kind of maze that ties into the theme in the old bumper cars area. It's been a while since they've put a maze there.

One of the reasons I think Charleston will be fair game for this zone is that the clowns were discouraged from scaring in that area in 2019.

As well, I have heard rumors that Puppet Up is returning to the big theater (barring COVID restrictions), so that might be a factor in zone size if they really are doing a speakeasy as well.

One of the reasons I think Charleston will be fair game for this zone is that the clowns were discouraged from scaring in that area in 2019.

As well, I have heard rumors that Puppet Up is returning to the big theater (barring COVID restrictions), so that might be a factor in zone size if they really are doing a speakeasy as well.

That's a great point too! I think this will probably be on the smaller side for sure. Super curious to see what they do with the speakeasy bit. It's so funny, that door has been there for a very long time but even long time park visitors I know don't know about it haha.

Just a little update on the new maze over where Shadowlands was.

Hmmm, most intriguing. Something like that leans more towards a Circus theme, which can have enough to separate it from Dark Ride. Not to mention there's opportunities abound for various stunts and tricks in there.

Wow, lots of show offerings this year! No Hanging but I think most of us kind of speculated that was probably the case.

Looking forward to seeing Puppet Up again. We had a great time with that back in 2019.

Sucks the Hanging is gone....liked that and Bill and Ted but people can't have fun any more unless they watching South Park...so makes sense

Never seen Puppet up but if it has enough showstimes, I'll catch one of them

Wow, lots of show offerings this year! No Hanging but I think most of us kind of speculated that was probably the case.

Looking forward to seeing Puppet Up again. We had a great time with that back in 2019.

Agreed, this is a lot more shows than I thought it would have this year! I'm really glad to see Puppet Up! is returning since that show looked like a total riot from any videos I saw. I'm also kinda' intruiged by Invitation to Terror, where would a "Digital Illusion Horror Show" take place in the park?

As for no Hanging, I'm fine with that. That show really lived or died by it's writing, as well as what the flavor of current events/pop culture was at the time. Sometimes you get shows like Calico & Aliens (which is one of my personal favorite years due to multiple moments), but then you get shows like 2019 which ended on such a bizarre sour note. I know not every year can be a winner, but that one didn't really sit well with me. An when you look at what's happened the past year or so...yeaahhh, it's better to sit this one out.

I was never really a fan of The Hanging. I saw it twice, and both times it was about 20% hit, and 80% miss.

Even Bill and Ted, which I saw in Orlando on it's final year, didn't really impress us all that much. It was better than The Hanging, but not by a lot. Hollywood's B&T wasn't that great in the jokes department either, but at least you got a close up look at the shirtless men. :grin:

But hey, different strokes for the folks. It was just never really for me.

Eh, I could see why the Hanging left. I understand why it was not liked and why they just dumped it.

It’s a shame they had to cancel a show that’s been tradition for like what, 30/35 years? Like what Rideguy said the jokes were 20% hit and 80% miss, at least in recent years, but you know what? I enjoyed it anyway. It’s was a stupid show that knew it’s place as low blow/low IQ humor. It was the last tenant of a B&T style show and it was refreshing to watch in a culture that’s grown to be pretty hypersensitive time everything.

But alas, it’s no longer which sucks. I understand why it’s gone, but I guess that gives more more time to do the houses, so I guess that’s a win. Now if not they would have the wherewithal to bring back monsters on the log ride (I understand why they removed ‘em, but still).

Agreed, this is a lot more shows than I thought it would have this year! I'm really glad to see Puppet Up! is returning since that show looked like a total riot from any videos I saw. I'm also kinda' intruiged by Invitation to Terror, where would a "Digital Illusion Horror Show" take place in the park?

As for no Hanging, I'm fine with that. That show really lived or died by it's writing, as well as what the flavor of current events/pop culture was at the time. Sometimes you get shows like Calico & Aliens (which is one of my personal favorite years due to multiple moments), but then you get shows like 2019 which ended on such a bizarre sour note. I know not every year can be a winner, but that one didn't really sit well with me. An when you look at what's happened the past year or so...yeaahhh, it's better to sit this one out.

Depending on the scope of the illusion show they could put it in the Bird Cage Theater. They’ve had magicians in there the last couple of years. Maybe the carnival themed one will utilize the main Calico stage since it mentioned having live bands and stuff. Just a guess!

I was never really a fan of The Hanging. I saw it twice, and both times it was about 20% hit, and 80% miss.

Even Bill and Ted, which I saw in Orlando on it's final year, didn't really impress us all that much. It was better than The Hanging, but not by a lot. Hollywood's B&T wasn't that great in the jokes department either, but at least you got a close up look at the shirtless men. :grin:

But hey, different strokes for the folks. It was just never really for me.

Yeah, I have to agree there. The Hanging was something we’d stop and watch if we had time but never went out of our way to see it.

I happened to see Hollywood’s final year of Bill and Ted a few weeks before it was pulled and it was a rough watch. The jokes just flat out weren’t funny.

I'll point out for Bill and Ted even more but the Hanging as well, they also played the hit music of that year.

It felt like a goodbye to the year you were in, the jokes didnt hit but it was fun. But Knotts if you want to bring it back, just let me know you need me (a 30 year old) and some young 19 year old tik tok writer and we could make the show work

Depending on the scope of the illusion show they could put it in the Bird Cage Theater. They’ve had magicians in there the last couple of years. Maybe the carnival themed one will utilize the main Calico stage since it mentioned having live bands and stuff. Just a guess!
I Have some pretty big news... the illusion show is in Mystery Lodge!!! That means the Carnival will be on CMS. These locations are not guesses, they are confirmed

I Have some pretty big news... the illusion show is in Mystery Lodge!!! That means the Carnival will be on CMS. These locations are not guesses, they are confirmed

Interesting! I was under the impression that Mystery Lodge was still undergoing work but I suppose if that is the case, that location has the setup for it.

So what does that mean for the maze that usually goes behind the Mystery Lodge? I imagine it'll be pretty hard to manage a maze queue and show in the same location. I'm hoping this means there's more than one new maze.