Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

NBCUniversal Evolution Plan

I'd say it's probably on hold at the moment until they see theme park and studio operations back to a near normal level.

Not really. Work on the BoH Campus has stalled, likely due to COVID. The last update was from the end of May. We were hoping that Peacock Live, scheduled for the end of March, would give us some more information, but that was cancelled.

Going to take a guess that the BoH campus will eventually get back on, as it was being worked on prior to the closure of the park's and the studio.

Plus from what it sounds, the studio campus is open again--albeit with different production procedures and guidelines.

Does this count?
No, not really. The Universal Hilton and Sheraton aren't a part of the Universal Property like the hotels in Orlando, so their development isn't technically part of the evolution plan. It's good to know, though! It might put pressure on Universal to start construction on their proprietary hotels sooner rather than later.

No, not really. The Universal Hilton and Sheraton aren't a part of the Universal Property like the hotels in Orlando, so their development isn't technically part of the evolution plan. It's good to know, though! It might put pressure on Universal to start construction on their proprietary hotels sooner rather than later.
Correct, both hotels fall within the city of Los Angeles and are not even part of Universal Studios.

I'm thinking now that the main construction on SNW is done (meaning the crane is gone), they can now move forward with building in that area.

From Universal Core, the Visionary Campus seems to be having workers returning to the site!

Always greatful to those who can get to a park and take video/pics, but claiming 'Mystery Construction?' when the project has a website and concept art explaining exatly what they are building? :shrug:

Great to see this continuing along with SNW, that's a good sign that Universal are still investing in the future.

Well was the plan nor suppose to be in fum lungs or where the empty space is next to security gate

To bring this here--there were two hotel proposals. One at Fum Lungs, and the other at the security/globe. At the end of the day, they're proposals and not meant to be the final thing.

I think though if they go with either option, it'd be the one next to the security/globe.

Don’t know what this means. Approved last week View attachment 14350

This..makes me wonder. I'm assuming in this case scenario, they would have a new project border on that of the cabin next to Falls Lake, to where the curved road leading to one of the bridges might be.

That's far away from studio property proper, but isn't near the park property either. Would love to hear what's up with this.

Bit of a double post, but as found by the Themeparx crew (And as I'm posting here)

1625411007471.png

1625411057167.png

1625411068741.png

Completion for the Visionary Campus is expected to finish by 2023 proper. Specific details for the new campus includes that of a parking structure for 1,000 parking spaces, an employee center, office space, and expansions of food; screening; and conference facilities.

400,000SF Office Campus Coming to the Universal Studios Lot

Admittedly, the biggest question I have is, will the parking structure co-exist for Universal Studios Hollywood's TM's--effectively finally giving TM's their own parking structure (much like how Universal Orlando Resort built the TM Parking Structure).

Admittedly, the biggest question I have is, will the parking structure co-exist for Universal Studios Hollywood's TM's--effectively finally giving TM's their own parking structure (much like how Universal Orlando Resort built the TM Parking Structure).
My guess is probably not. The parking structure doesn't actually have that many parking spots (1200 compared to ET Parking's 5000), so it's not really suited to hold both Studio and Theme Park traffic, even if it's just employees. At most, I'd guess that they might use it for overflow parking for TMs when the park is at its busiest.

Which parking lot are you talking about?

4A13AD17-56CA-4356-9359-365333AF593A.png

I got this from an Instagram story of a certain user or frequents the park. Yeah I know we’re not the biggest fan of this dude, but I stumbled upon this and I’m seeing nothing about this anywhere else. Anyone have any idea where this is from of if there’s anything more to this?

View attachment 15147

I got this from an Instagram story of a certain user or frequents the park. Yeah I know we’re not the biggest fan of this dude, but I stumbled upon this and I’m seeing nothing about this anywhere else. Anyone have any idea where this is from of if there’s anything more to this?

It seems to be a mistake of not properly updating the Themeparx USH Expansion page.

So I am DPing, but I wanna show off in this thread the aerials of the Creative Campus from August 1st via Google Earth, alongside the Transport project and Barham (and to talk about Barham and the Red Sea albeit)

1635131168755.png
1635131198485.png
1635131225916.png

Small thing to note on Barham, is that this was shot before the rectangle dirt plots were present. So while it is going to be inaccurate guesses, they will be guesses I have.

Compared to Barham Gate and the originally proposed Red Sea stages, the Red Sea project hypothetically speaking; would've only factored in at around 10 acres. Assuming with the additional stages that would've been installed, the Red Sea would've had about 12 soundstages. With the Barham Gate, the plot of land that they have would be around possibly (and my number game could be wrong) a similar amount to that of the Red Sea stages. Though now, instead of the 12 that would've been in play (and not even factoring the two new Metro soundstages near Kong), that could lead to 18 new stages from the ground up.

That includes the four stages at the Red sea, plus the two at Metro near Kong.

I wonder with the Creative Campus moving office space, perhaps one of the long-term goals, will be to move as much of studio property as they can, to the eastern side of the lot. Leaving the west, to primarily consist of while some infrastructural aspects, to be primarily for theme park development. It'd be a massive move, one that could allow USH to have long term growth without too much self-cannibalization. And I can be easily wrong, but I am willing to wonder about this more intently. Now more than ever, especially with us having a 6 year running start. It would also allow the studio to have high end modern stages that can offer more accessibility; workflow and output for TV/Film projects. Especially if there comes a big push for FIlm/TV post Olympics in California.

Either way, small ramblings from me.

Double Post tiiiiiime:

Comcast and NBCUniversal have confirmed the Barham Gate project, entailing for eight brand new soundstages, ONTOP, of the Red Sea Soundstages and the Metro stages, totalling into 22 all new soundstages.

1635953943914.png
1635953955559.png

And additionally, some new Campus illuistrarions!

1635953989214.png
1635953998061.png