NBCUniversal Evolution Plan | Inside Universal Forums
  • Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

NBCUniversal Evolution Plan

Jamesh22

Premium Member
Mar 13, 2018
I have to wonder with so much changing about the way things are filmed now (even less reliance on soundstages) if they'll be revising the Evolution Plan and further expanding the theme park? So much of the entertainment industry has been disrupted between smaller cameras, less need for stage lighting, and other changes in the technology of movies and television, they could probably condense most of the actual production facilities and just keep the backlots for outdoor shoots.
The technology is changing but there still seems to be a need for a substantial amount of soundstages.

They have already built 4 new soundstages & have another 22 either planned or currently under construction. So far they have demolished somewhere in the region of 5/6? for Theme Park expansion and they have another 8 next to Transformers marked for demolition in the previous evolution plan.

I think I also read somewhere that soundstages are in more demand than ever. Add to that the investment in the Universal Campus and it doesn't feel like they see a change in the capacity they need that would allow for less overall soundstages.

That said, there are still plenty of old soundstages that could be removed around the LL area to allow for large Theme Park expansion.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jerroddragon

salismetho

Rookie
Dec 7, 2021
Hoping that those soundstages that were originally slated for demo 2020-2022 are gonna go down any day now. Maybe after SNW opens?

AlexanderMBush

Legendary Member
Nov 23, 2013
Arizona
With the Barham and Red Sea stages, it should hopefully pay the way on allowing them to take space that won't be needed by the studio.

But man do I hope the Bud Westmore building gets moved. I know it'd be a headache, but it'd give them a lot more space.

Reactions: Jerroddragon

Jamesh22

Premium Member
Mar 13, 2018
But man do I hope the Bud Westmore building gets moved. I know it'd be a headache, but it'd give them a lot more space.
Never been hinted at in any of the previous plans but hell I'd be all for it!
That would open up a whole bunch of space on the LL, we could fit a heap down there. Still wishing for a LOTR land - something unique to Hollywood for at least a few years.