Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Secret Life of Pets: Off the Leash - General Discussion

I've thought about this a bit. I think it's slow loading for a few reasons.

1. The cars are spaced relatively far apart. I believe this is mostly because they are very open (unlike the large shell that's on Haunted Mansion and Mermaid), and not feel crowded or have other people in your line of vision. I realize Buzz has cars much closer together, but people are so busy playing the game, I think it's less of an issue.
  2. Since they only specifically only fit one or two people, a lot of large groups and families are suddenly faced with the decision of who gets to ride with who. I've seen many empty cars pass by as groups discussed this right at the load. You'd think the fact that they can plainly see the cars only seat two before they get to load would make them think about that a bit more, but no.
  3. The queue is super engaging... maybe a bit too engaging. People are so caught up interacting with the queue, it also slows down the line.

I wonder if the capacity issue was the ultimate nail in the coffin for a possible Orlando edition of this ride.
My guess has been that lack of strong merchandise sales at Orlando, which they pushed hard after the first movie, had a lot to do with it. Even the first trackless concept drawings/computer generated run
were originally just listed for Hollywood (where Nintendo is now), and not Orlando....and no Yoshii in Hollywood may have a bit to do with the present SLOP, since it's a somewhat similar system.

My guess has been that lack of strong merchandise sales at Orlando, which they pushed hard after the first movie, had a lot to do with it. Even the first trackless concept drawings/computer generated run
were originally just listed for Hollywood (where Nintendo is now), and not Orlando....and no Yoshii in Hollywood may have a bit to do with the present SLOP, since it's a somewhat similar system.
They are rumors that down the line the new DreamWorks retheme of Kidzone will have an expansion with an Omnimover system like pets.

They are rumors that down the line the new DreamWorks retheme of Kidzone will have an expansion with an Omnimover system like pets.
Possibly after this KZ present refurb, but with a different IP. Pets seems like it's a really nice attraction, turned out as good as the original concept, but, unfortunately,
it's merch just doesn't sell well at Orlando, even though they featured it heavily in UO stores after the first film.

Possibly after this KZ present refurb, but with a different IP. Pets seems like it's a really nice attraction, turned out as good as the original concept, but, unfortunately,
it's merch just doesn't sell well at Orlando, even though they featured it heavily in USF stores after the first film.
I also believe SLoP has had poor GSATs? Not sure though, maybe they improved

I'm just wondering if anyone has an image of the ride layout? I'm really curious as to how the layout for this ride works.

I have never seen a scene by scene layout but posted the below earlier in the thread:

I'm going to start an annual push for a Secret Life of Pets: Holiday Overlay

Things I'd love to see

Characters in costumes (in the first room. New York room and finale room, Party room)
Decorations in the Q and on the Buildings of the first room (the new york room)
Some Holiday inspired music or SLOP music with some holiday flair throw in both the Q and some scenes in the ride
Snow falling in the finale room (it's a screen, so shouldn't cost much to do) along with Holiday decorations and a decorated Tree in the finale room.

I think the ride would go down for maybe a day or two at max because only two rooms really have the potential for change and maybe if it would not cost too much add cute outfits/hats to "you" when you see your self as a dog.