Howl-O-Scream 2021 (SeaWorld Orlando) | Page 12 | Inside Universal Forums

Howl-O-Scream 2021 (SeaWorld Orlando)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Will be a "stay & sream" option: Guests with both daytime and Howl-O-Scream admission can remain in the park and continue to enjoy our Craft Beer Festival. You can enter into the Howl-O-Scream event on the pathway in front of the Sharks Underwater Grill area.

This is basically what I’ve been telling everyone to expect since it was announced.
We all knew it wasn't going to be the whole park of course, but this is a lot smaller than I was expecting

Honestly, I'm not sure why they don't just preview Ice Breaker at HOS.

It's not as big of a statement coaster at IG and it would make a layout like this a bit more lucrative

We all knew it wasn't going to be the whole park of course, but this is a lot smaller than I was expecting

Honestly, I'm not sure why they don't just preview Ice Breaker at HOS.

It's not as big of a statement coaster at IG and it would make a layout like this a bit more lucrative
Why would you preview a ride during an event that costs $55 when a normal day ticket is around $90? That would just be burning money. I believe when they first came up with the plan for HOS they thought Ice Breaker was going to be open and that is why it is smackdab in the middle of the event. I do agree that is should not be on the event map.

I am expecting this event to kind of suck but honestly I just think it is nice to have another option in orlando. If they can increase capacity next season with more rides open and 6 houses it would be a nice option. As it stands it is a worse value than universal even if you don't have stay and scream.

i thought about getting a month pass just to hang out around the park and experience this, but without free parking it would be a pain in the butt to get a ride everytime.... lol. they are hurting themselves.

Kinda glad I was able to get my ticket cancelled and refunded. Hopefully reviews will be good and then I'll think about going when I go late Oct for Spooky Empire.

Reactions: shiekra38
Kinda glad I was able to get my ticket cancelled and refunded. Hopefully reviews will be good and then I'll think about going when I go late Oct for Spooky Empire.

it's exciting for this to happen, I hope it does well. but it seems so tiny.

I really really want HOS Orlando to work, personally

But I'm curious how it does when people see the size lol

Reactions: SeventyOne
Like I said earlier, that side of the park is HUGE in size. I don't know why you guys were expecting a full-park event for it's first year.

I'm sure we will see Manta and Kraken added to the lineup next year if the event is a success and they can move some stuff to that side of the park and have proper staffing.

If you were to overlay the Universal parks over SeaWorld, it can fit IOA completely and almost half of USF.

Like I said earlier, that side of the park is HUGE in size. I don't know why you guys were expecting a full-park event for it's first year.

I'm sure we will see Manta and Kraken added to the lineup next year if the event is a success and they can move some stuff to that side of the park and have proper staffing.

If you were to overlay the Universal parks over SeaWorld, it can fit IOA completely and almost half of USF.
I don't think anyone was expecting a full park

but dagum

Reactions: WAJAS
If IB was open then this layout would be fine IMO (which it will be next time)

I'm also hoping they figure out how not to have a dead end next year
San Antonio has two dead ends. The rest of the park remains accessible. It’s just that nothing is open. I’m sure they’ll quickly realize the necessity of something similar.

And the reason I mention that it will take a while for the event to increase in its physical size is that they have to staff everything that is open after-hours for the event. That’s immensely complicated when it comes to adding rides and restaurants because of the training required.

Fair warning: It will likely be three-five years before the scale expands beyond what it currently is.
Sounds like a DOA event to me if they don't at least keep the same houses and add 1 a few years in a row. Like I said a worse value than universal currently. How do they expect that to go?

• Sad
Reactions: Lucky Planet
Sounds like a DOA event to me if they don't at least keep the same houses and add 1 a few years in a row. Like I said a worse value than universal currently. How do they expect that to go?
I go to HHN for the sets, I go to HOS for the scares

If HOS Orlando can capture some of the spirit of HOS Tampa, then it will be great

And a good compliment to HHN in close proximity

San Antonio has two dead ends. The rest of the park remains accessible. It’s just that nothing is open. I’m sure they’ll quickly realize the necessity of something similar.

And the reason I mention that it will take a while for the event to increase in its physical size is that they have to staff everything that is open after-hours for the event. That’s immensely complicated when it comes to adding rides and restaurants because of the training required.
Relooking at it, the dead end is technically in front of Mako, so I think it could work

Specifically because there's a bar in the Shark Grill area and the energy of Mako with a scare zone will add some incentive to walk around that area

I get the whole staffing situation, here's hoping it all goes well this year

*sigh*

It’s a different event than HHN. It’s a different event than HoS in Tampa. The fans are expecting it to immediately be massive, direct competition with something that no one can directly compete with. SeaWorld is looking at taking advantage of people who either don’t have FF plus (so their Saturdays are free), people who just want a break from HHN, or can’t afford HHN. Five to ten years from now, that will STILL be the bulk of their market.

Adding Ice Breaker next year, and replacing a house, would be fine for a second year. They don’t know what the crowds will be like this year, and they have to evaluate growth. SeaWorld, as a park, is the red-headed step-child of Orlando. They typically struggle to get regular workers compared to the bigger two, and they need a lot more workers to just drastically expand the event beyond what it is. That won’t just happen in a year.

*sigh*

It’s a different event than HHN. It’s a different event than HoS in Tampa. The fans are expecting it to immediately be massive, direct competition with something that no one can directly compete with. SeaWorld is looking at taking advantage of people who either don’t have FF plus (so their Saturdays are free), people who just want a break from HHN, or can’t afford HHN. Five to ten years from now, that will STILL be the bulk of their market.

Adding Ice Breaker next year, and replacing a house, would be fine for a second year. They don’t know what the crowds will be like this year, and they have to evaluate growth. SeaWorld, as a park, is the red-headed step-child of Orlando. They typically struggle to get regular workers compared to the bigger two, and they need a lot more workers to just drastically expand the event beyond what it is. That won’t just happen in a year.
It will be interesting to see how the houses shift around between all the HOS's in the coming years

I'm still hoping Orlando can capture some of that aggressiveness of Tampa