Howl-O-Scream 2021 (SeaWorld Orlando) | Page 11 | Inside Universal Forums

Howl-O-Scream 2021 (SeaWorld Orlando)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

The fine print on the No Boo Necklace.

"Necklace does not garuntee a scare free evening.
Our monsters will do their best to avoid you, but some initial contact may occur.
No Boo necklace may not be worn in houses and on rides."

Way back I've heard of some regional parks doing something like this. It's definitely for kids and those who were dragged to events like this that might not be for what it entails.

Personally, I think this type of item is better utilized at theme park haunts which are included in general admission where you have a bigger cross over of regular guests and haunt guests, rather than a hard ticket event which is upfront on what you're getting into. (Let alone one where there's what, two rides for those who arn't into the haunt stuff.) But it'll be interesting to see how this turns out.

I like the idea of the No Boo necklace.

I read that there's an extra room in one of the houses for only certain guests. Does anyone have more info on that? like who exactly gets in?

I read that there's an extra room in one of the houses for only certain guests. Does anyone have more info on that? like who exactly gets in?
The way they do that is by purchasing a light-up lanyard that gives access to the alternate room. When you go through the house, and you want to take the alternate rought, you turn the lanyard on. When it’s on, an Ops person will redirect to the alternate route. If you want to go the normal route, you leave the light turned off.

Last edited:
This seems like it was designed to go around the lake (using the bridge) and someone then slashed it.

Other thoughts:

Look like they were able to fit tents or empty the store building between Infinity Falls / Sesame Street.

The Siren show isn't at Bayside on the water?? I thought they'd be using part of the setup from Ignite.

Sea of Souls doesn't just dead end. It dead-ends at nothing. The only reason to walk through it is to get to the Shark Bar, which is itself only halfway through the zone.

Last edited:
If you look at the price point and what sea world had previously done at other parks this is exactly what should have been expected. You also have to consider that more of the park open the more staff you need and staffing is an issue everywhere right now. I look at this and like the decision they made, I would rather have it condensed like this than scattered throughout more of the park with large dead areas.

If you look at the price point and what sea world had previously done at other parks this is exactly what should have been expected. You also have to consider that more of the park open the more staff you need and staffing is an issue everywhere right now. I look at this and like the decision they made, I would rather have it condensed like this than scattered throughout more of the park with large dead areas.
That's a good point. I don't think it excuses the funky scare zone location.

• Sad
Reactions: Lucky Planet
That's a good point. I don't think it excuses the funky scare zone location.
I think it is just a byproduct of them trying to do a smaller scale event with them having a large park. They were going to have a dead end somewhere and I believe they need a haunt attraction at the dead end to pull peeps back there. Just guessing there wasn't a good house locations so they had to do a zone. The zone will be awkward but not sure if they had a good option.

I am expecting this event to kind of suck but honestly I just think it is nice to have another option in orlando. If they can increase capacity next season with more rides open and 6 houses it would be a nice option. As it stands it is a worse value than universal even if you don't have stay and scream.

• Sad
Reactions: Lucky Planet

All I've seen is that the extra special front of the line pass includes "bonus rooms in one of the houses".
That's all that's listed at the moment. Curious if it's worth it..

This year definitely feels like a starting point for SeaWorld to test the waters of a theme park haunt event so close to the "Clown with the most Jack'd Up Halloween Event." I think the size is fine for year one. Howl-O-Scream Orlando has more houses, adult bars, scare zones, and future expansion than Dark Horizon ever did. Ironically, both of those events have been the two newest Orlando haunt events with a lot of "water" themes.

I think if SeaWorld over the next few years can create a Howl-O-Scream in Orlando that is very comparable to the quality of HHN Singapore, then it could be a new Halloween tradition for the local area. I do not know if that will happen, but that would be my hope...

Speaking of size for Howl-O-Scream events though, it does kind of bother me that the original three Howl-O-Screams have been downsized over the past few years in order to give Orlando and San Diego Howl-O-Screams. Oh well...

I just wanted 1 or maybe 2 more rides. Haven’t been to the park since 2015.

Forgot about the rides. I myself never experience rides during Halloween Events (unless if it's a Terror Tram, Haunted Hayride, etc.). However, I know riding rides in the dark is some people's favorite thing about Howl-O-Scream Tampa. Plus, Howl-O-Scream usually adds scare actors to some of the rides.

Hopefully they add scare actors to Mako and Infinity Falls...

While tickets are $50 for Saturdays, most people are getting them much cheaper. The current offer of $40 means less than $10 a house for the four houses, which is cheaper than most individual haunt attractions. This gives you four houses, four scare zones, and two shows which is still a reasonable price.

My biggest fear with this is that the dead end pathways will make this unbearably crowded if they are selling too many tickets/passes. I was thinking of going opening weekend, but I think I'll wait until they get the bugs out. I'm guessing if it's too crowded they'll open additional pathways with hastily added decorations for the weeks in October.