Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Howl-O-Scream 2021 (SeaWorld Orlando)

It will be interesting to see how the houses shift around between all the HOS's in the coming years

I'm still hoping Orlando can capture some of that aggressiveness of Tampa
That’ll be the really interesting thing to see. HHN intense isn’t HoS intense, and the free-roaming in houses that gives HoS (and other local haunts) their vibe is actively avoided at Universal. It requires a very different skillset. HHN vets (especially those who have never done streets) may struggle without triggers and “easy,” congo lining.

That’ll be the really interesting thing to see. HHN intense isn’t HoS intense, and the free-roaming in houses that gives HoS (and other local haunts) their vibe is actively avoided at Universal. It requires a very different skillset. HHN vets (especially those who have never done streets) may struggle without triggers and “easy,” congo lining.
I agree, HOS really shines with zones and improvisation. Scares can often move to different spots and houses can be different depending on when you go.

I appreciate the show consistency that HHN goes with, but the other approach "gets" me more than HHN

My point was I don't think Sea World is Dumb enough to let this thing go 3-5 years without anything new so I highly doubt it will go that way.

So this was just revealed, remember when they talked about the bar above Beneath the Ice where you can activate a scare or two on the people down below? Don't recall them saying you have to pay to do that...

For $5, heck why not. I'll give it a shot

Streets are better than anything HHN has done in YEARS so at the very least there's that. If they continue to build off of this in the coming years, hopefully attendance will be good enough that it will at the very least cause HHN to feel like they actually have a bit of competition for once. After all, the consumers are ultimately the beneficiary of competition.