Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Howl-O-Scream 2021 (SeaWorld Orlando)

This will end up being the major difference between the parks, in both the streets and houses. Universal actively frowns on involved “improv” from characters who are not paid to speak. If you are in a house (and not a barker), you have to lip synch to you trigger or you say nothing. In the streets, they want you growling, shouting, or saying approved lines. As a result, “ownership” of roles can be a challenge. It’s understandable, because the size of the event requires stricter controls to ensure guests have a generally “uniform” experience.

HoS, Busch and SeaWorld have no such qualms. The roles aren’t as strictly written and the performers aren’t as strictly supervised. The actual audition process requires improv, so they can be trusted to fill in the gaps in the character, which generally results in more creative solutions.
SW did hire a lot of their performers this year based on video auditions only, but by the end of the audition process, they were doing the full on audition process like BGT does. This is why I say a lot of former HHN scareactors may still be getting used to it as they aren't used to such a level of freedom and for many, the virtual audition didn't prepare them for exactly how free they'd be.

Has anyone had trouble completing everything in one night? I wouldn't expect it'd be that hard unless the lines were ridiculous.
I’m going Saturday the 25th. I’m about to take a huge risk here without express. Don’t think it’s worth the price after spending that express money on HHN.

So these actors have to actually yell at you from the looks of it vs universal where they always use speakers? That seems like it would kind of suck as someone working there.

You get used to it.
And you also learn to control your voice so you aren't blowing it out. This along with a healthy amount of Emergen-C does wonders. I've worked both HOS and HHN and in my trigger roles in HHN, I often found myself using my actual voice unnecessarily every 10 seconds (before I finally adjusted to it) and that ruined my voice more than anything at HOS ever did.

Has there been any word on the "exclusive room(s)" for the premier express line ticket?

Looking at the house layouts filed with the Orange County gov't site, it looks like they're in the Water's Edge Inn house, as that's the only one that has a room with two exits and rooms labeled #.x:

Screenshot-20210915-215402.png

Looking at the house layouts filed with the Orange County gov't site, it looks like they're in the Water's Edge Inn house, as that's the only one that has a room with two exits and rooms labeled #.x:

Wow. Awesome info. Just curious if anyone had done it, or if it was worth the premium ticket?

Wow. Awesome info. Just curious if anyone had done it, or if it was worth the premium ticket?
One of the media videos I saw online had it. A good number of scares in there, but no particularly impressive set pieces.

One of the media videos I saw online had it. A good number of scares in there, but no particularly impressive set pieces.
I saw that Mary from View From the Cheap Seats was directed there during one of her runs. It wasn't very impressive for an 'exclusive room.

Where did you find this layout? Can you send a link to the site?

I saw that Mary from View From the Cheap Seats was directed there during one of her runs. It wasn't very impressive for an 'exclusive room.
It serves as bragging rights if we are honest.
People can just say "I saw the "exclusive room".
That's all the purpose it serves Ig.

It’s their first year, and was developed during a pandemic. The upcharge segments at HoS in San Antonio were unique and compelling detours (one was three room funeral parlor and an another was a chain link maze). Give them some time.

Thanks all, def wanted to pursue it if it was worth it. But didn't want to waste that significant change for nothing overly special

Is there a stay and scream type thing for this? Anyone know if platinum pass gets a discount on drinks? They do in Williamsburg.

Is there a stay and scream type thing for this? Anyone know if platinum pass gets a discount on drinks? They do in Williamsburg.

There is definitely some kind of Stay & Scream, the FAQs say you do not have to leave the park before HoS and the no bag policy only pertains to people coming only for the event, if you have a day ticket and a bag, that's allowed for HoS (the reason being the no-bag policy is strictly to speed up the HoS security lines). I believe HoS only attendees can get in an hour before the event starts...but if that's just a holding pen or if they can do the rides or whatever I don't know. Their site is pretty light on info.

No clue about the drinks.

Last edited:

Yes, but it's not great. You can enter thru the back of the event, over by Shark Encounter, starting around 4 pm. However, opening weekend at least, nothing was open--not Shark Bar, not the Beer Fest stands, not the panini stand. You can at least sit under cover by the waterfront, which was handy as the storms rolled in Friday. I would wait until the last minute before entering (keep in mind they start closing everything early--by 6:30, I think there was a single beer stand left open). Does give you a jump on the back houses.

Yes, AP discounts on alcohol in the bars.

ETA: keep in mind, even more than HHN, everything subject to change--they are making this up as they go along. Funniest moment Friday was when they learned all the fog sets the smoke detectors off -- at like 7:03 pm.