Halloween Horror Nights 2021 (USH) - News & Info | Page 65 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 2021 (USH) - News & Info

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Since I have not seen the MSM really attacking theme parks, is their a reason USH went with low capacity?

There are like a million halloween events in LA, not like HHN could be pinned for some outbreak when Disney, Six Flags, Sea World and Knotts have events going as well

Since I have not seen the MSM really attacking theme parks, is their a reason USH went with low capacity?

There are like a million halloween events in LA, not like HHN could be pinned for some outbreak when Disney, Six Flags, Sea World and Knotts have events going as well
It could be a staffing issue

As you said, there are a million Halloween events in LA and all of them need staff to get people through the gates, onto the rides, into and out of the houses, serve the food, etc.

The less staff you have on hand to keep the event going, the less capacity you should have to safely operate

This staffing dictating capacity advisory would be true in a non-Covid year as well

Wow watching a live stream and the times are like 15 min avg except for hill house at 60. o_O i remember 2019 one maze took us almost 2 hours. If times hold like this maybe I'll go. Lol

On Theme Park Insider, they were saying they capped opening night capacity at 10,000 guests (usually apx. 30,000 capacity), but they will be increasing capacity somewhat for future nights.

On Theme Park Insider, they were saying they capped opening night capacity at 10,000 guests (usually apx. 30,000 capacity), but they will be increasing capacity somewhat for future nights.
Damn with these wait times I was thinking on getting a frequent fear

Is this a new thing? I kinda feel like they usually cap it low on opening night, just to avoid overloading any operations on night one, but maybe that's not right? Wait times were definitely on the low side but I was attributing that to Wizarding Word and the Terror Tram. Was hoping we wouldn't see 90+ minutes for everything like we did in 2019 but maybe not? Dang.

Is this a new thing? I kinda feel like they usually cap it low on opening night, just to avoid overloading any operations on night one, but maybe that's not right? Wait times were definitely on the low side but I was attributing that to Wizarding Word and the Terror Tram. Was hoping we wouldn't see 90+ minutes for everything like we did in 2019 but maybe not? Dang.

It's definitely a COVID operations/new park layout-motivated decision. Previous years had much higher caps, but I would expect the cap to be incrementally raised over the next few days and into next week. Tram does eat people, but Wizarding World seemed fairly light - I never saw Forbidden Journey or Hippogriff exceed ten minute waits.

I'll be at the event Saturday, so we'll see how things are going then...

It's definitely a COVID operations/new park layout-motivated decision. Previous years had much higher caps, but I would expect the cap to be incrementally raised over the next few days and into next week. Tram does eat people, but Wizarding World seemed fairly light - I never saw Forbidden Journey or Hippogriff exceed ten minute waits.

I'll be at the event Saturday, so we'll see how things are going then...
Aaaand the wait times shot way up. Currently seeing 105 minutes for Exorcist.

I’m here right now and it’s absolutely brutal. Got in on early entry, too. Hill House was a 60 minute wait around 7:15… we were almost in, and the cast/crew of the show showed up and were taking photos and went through the maze twice while no one else was allowed in. And then when they did, they just kept letting Express conga line in while everyone in standby was throwing their hands up being ignored. We weren’t even out until 9:00.

Terror Tram is 125 minutes right now. Some mazes are pushing 2.5-3 hours, and at minimum an hour. There’s long, long lines for EVERY food joint. Absolutely insane, and slightly disheartening. It’s just wall to wall people.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: Freak and Clive
I'm sure it's been discussed internally, but I don't believe the state is requiring them to cap anything.
The mazes were set up to accept the huge crowds as they always have. Last night the lines were not bad. Looking at the app tonight however shows waits up to 3 hours. I think last night was "sold out" at a lower capacity. Later in the evening, the app showed tickets were still available for last night.

I'm here tonight as well. First time coming in with express and man after seeing the wait times yesterday I almost regretted splurging on it longest line I was in was actually for twda despite it having the shortest listed wait time

Was there firsthand. No clue what happened. There was literally almost nobody when i showed up for early entry at the same time as opening, but boom 2 hours later and its among the most crowded nights ive ever seen. Terror trams line stretched all the way to the simpsons ride by the time I got off, I got in line when it said 35 minutes but it turned out to be more like 70 since they were letting an absurd amount of express through with nearly no general. Hopefully this was a fluke and will never happen again.
I still managed to get everything but Halloween done, but it was a gauntlet to even get that far. Not to mention if even 1 guest had covid tonight would become an absolute nightmare for universal and maybe even get the whole event shut down. I dont know what the hell they were thinking not capping capacity lower, its genuinely insane.

Reactions: Clive
Was there firsthand. No clue what happened. There was literally almost nobody when i showed up for early entry at the same time as opening, but boom 2 hours later and its among the most crowded nights ive ever seen. Terror trams line stretched all the way to the simpsons ride by the time I got off, I got in line when it said 35 minutes but it turned out to be more like 70 since they were letting an absurd amount of express through with nearly no general. Hopefully this was a fluke and will never happen again.
I still managed to get everything but Halloween done, but it was a gauntlet to even get that far. Not to mention if even 1 guest had covid tonight would become an absolute nightmare for universal and maybe even get the whole event shut down. I dont know what the hell they were thinking not capping capacity lower, its genuinely insane.
Yikes that is insane. I’m not sure about getting shut down, but it wouldn’t look good. I was wrapping a Nickelodeon show on a soundstage for a week last month, and a crew member tested positive but the only people required to quarantine or not report to work and provide two negative tests, were those in close proximity to them, for long periods of time. Now… I guess you can make the argument if a guest had covid and they were in front of you in line and they weren’t social distancing yada yada… but I don’t think the event can get shut down for that.

Sounds like a nightmare regardless of the pandemic tho. There does seem to be a weird imbalance with express to GP pulsing through mazes too, even from my last visit in 2019.