Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Avengers Campus (DCA)

I've noticed the characters on the catwalk have a hard time not looking awkward. Hard to stay in character when all you can do up there is wave to guests and point to them.

No offense to the actors, but they look literally nothing like the characters they’re supposed to be portraying and the woman playing Kate looks about 10-15 years older than she should.

I quite enjoyed this response:

No offense to the actors, but they look literally nothing like the characters they’re supposed to be portraying and the woman playing Kate looks about 10-15 years older than she should.

I quite enjoyed this response:

I agree they definitely don't look the part, but charisma and great costumes carry these experiences anyway, I'm sure it'll be fine as long as the cast understand the characters

Would've loved to see the Ronin outfit tho this week, has a built in PPE mask for closer photos

I have to say, I've never been a big character guy but I love Marvel and absolutely LOVE how hard they've been going with adding new, relevant characters to this land. It's easily the best part. I know it comes from a lack of much else to do, but still!

I have to say, I've never been a big character guy but I love Marvel and absolutely LOVE how hard they've been going with adding new, relevant characters to this land. It's easily the best part. I know it comes from a lack of much else to do, but still!

It's easily one of the stronger aspects to the land, one that doesn't fall into the pitfall Galaxy's Edge fell into with a particularly locked timeframe. Keeping AC open to let anyone come in, and the IP constantly bringing in new characters and costumes to feature, this land has some serious legs when it comes to refreshing things with their characters.

I’ll gladly take SW:GE’s in canon attractions over a Disney Springs-afied Marvel land with a cloned C-Ticket and character meet and greets. I’m at these parks for the rides, not the oddly cast look-a-like character meet and greets, or the weird “help me capture Spider bots in the settings you’re already exploring” ride.

I just went to Disneyland for the first time and I gotta say, Avengers Campus was a huge bust. I haven’t been able to keep up with latest theme park talks so I went in not knowing what to expect but the area is poorly themed and the Spider-Man ride is insanely mediocre.

I actually really liked the Guardians of the Galaxy makeover of Tower of Terror though. The queue was great and everything fit better than I expected.

But as a Marvel fan, I cant stress how disappointed I am in Disney. Cars Land next door is a million times better and Galaxy’s Edge is next level. But all they can do for their biggest franchise is a couple “science looking” buildings?

Man this land really needs that e-ticket. Spider-Man also needs two more scenes to feel like a complete ride. We lost the chew chew train for this?
Bugs Land: Chew Chew Train, a decent hot air balloon ride, a unique flat (Francis' Lady Bug Boogie), and a 4D show that has some kinda dope AAs.

Avengers Campus: A crap version of Midway Mania, a cool "stuntronic" that comes out every 30 min and......good food. That's basically it.

Ya know, I'm starting to think we got gyped.

Bugs Land: Chew Chew Train, a decent hot air balloon ride, a unique flat (Francis' Lady Bug Boogie), and a 4D show that has some kinda dope AAs.

Avengers Campus: A crap version of Midway Mania, a cool "stuntronic" that comes out every 30 min and......good food. That's basically it.

It's Disney's F&F. :lol: Waste of major space.

I’ll be at the parks checking out this nonsense for the first time in a few weeks. Hoping the food and beer is good at least…and that I get to see a stuntronic fail :grin:

Last edited:

The Spider-Man ride does give you a good arm workout though.