Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Avengers Campus (DCA)

The Pym Test Kitchen and Guardians are the only good part about the land to me. Bugs Land felt so much more immersive, even if it was essentially just a bunch of cheap flat rides and a cloned 4D theater.

It still felt more substantial. When I walked into Avengers Campus, I felt nothing.

I'm probably the only one who feels GOTG is so separated from the rest of the land
They thought the black and white tile work would blend it in better but they failed. They could start by matching the lamppost that are by guardians to the ones in the rest of the land. The current ones are just repurposed Tower of Terror lamps. Then there’s the old luggage themed fast pass building that hasn’t been changed.

Were it not for the fact that the MCU has a huge number of fans (such as myself) I don’t get why people want THIS to come to Orlando, especially when Universal has the superior Spider-Man ride.

I dont even get why we have this land if the end game isn't to have an Avenger's E ticket ride.....just pointless

One of the most exciting movie franchises in history and the only current ride is a lame shooter ride. It's okay, though, because we have people walking around dressed up as characters. So, you can feel the excitement.

One of the most exciting movie franchises in history and the only current ride is a lame shooter ride. It's okay, though, because we have people walking around dressed up as characters. So, you can feel the excitement.

It's crazy that a 20+ year old ride captures the feel of the property so much better than this new “state of the art” attraction.

Don't understand the logic of saving capital for the hottest IP at the moment. People have shown they are more than willing to book vacations for new rides, experiences, etc.
You literally cant buy a ticket for disneyland/DCA until the last two days of this month...they are killing it yet we can't get more e ticket rides

Post 2012 DCA really is a mess. They're just throwing anything at this park and hoping it sticks. Every land in this park is like half-formed with the exception of Cars Land.
[/QUOTE

I haven’t been really following DCA for some time, but wait isn’t “NEW” DCA supposed to be better than the “old” one? My knowledge of it mostly comes from Defunctland.

You literally cant buy a ticket for disneyland/DCA until the last two days of this month...they are killing it yet we can't get more e ticket rides
This is the problem.

Pent up demand + new lines of revenue with Genie insulates them from needing to invest in the parks. The parks are a cashcow and Chapek is milking it as they pump money into streaming to be competitive in the space.

They don't need new rides to draw people in. They're already there, so Chapek isn't going to throw money to increase attendance when they could be having staffing issues anyway, so mind as well make the most money possible and have a solution ready to go as soon as numbers start dipping and you need a lever to pull people back..

I haven’t been really following DCA for some time, but wait isn’t “NEW” DCA supposed to be better than the “old” one? My knowledge of it mostly comes from Defunctland.
While new DCA lacks a lot of cohesiveness, I actually really enjoy the atmosphere and its home to some of the most fun rides and great food on Disneyland property. Recently spent a full day there on vacation and was pretty satisfied! I

I went to Avengers Campus for the first time since opening summer and it felt like there were less characters and the quality of the food/drinks going down.

Also if you've been near any Bay Area tech office, Avengers Campus is an accurate representation of that so I think it fits DCA lol

Personally, I like DCA way more than Disneyland, it doesn't feel out of date and the rides are actually good. The only reasons I would go to Disneyland is for Star Wars and Indiana Jones, but I don't find it worth 60 bucks to park hop on a day ticket.

This is the problem.

Pent up demand + new lines of revenue with Genie insulates them from needing to invest in the parks. The parks are a cashcow and Chapek is milking it as they pump money into streaming to be competitive in the space.

They don't need new rides to draw people in. They're already there, so Chapek isn't going to throw money to increase attendance when they could be having staffing issues anyway, so mind as well make the most money possible and have a solution ready to go as soon as numbers start dipping and you need a lever to pull people back..

The only issue with this (and I completely agree with you) is that eventually this starts to drop off. Then when a cycle time for new ride builds is 3-5 years, they will be behind by 3-5 years. The one plus is that they have MMRR being built in Disneyland along with a refresh of that miniland. However, the Avengers Campus seems like one of the poorest usages of a huge IP with a ton of potential.

Just got a survey and they don't let you tell you your feelings on Avengers Campus (or anything) at all lol They seem more interesting on how their marketing push got to you versus your experience.