Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Avengers Campus (DCA)

The only issue with this (and I completely agree with you) is that eventually this starts to drop off. Then when a cycle time for new ride builds is 3-5 years, they will be behind by 3-5 years. The one plus is that they have MMRR being built in Disneyland along with a refresh of that miniland. However, the Avengers Campus seems like one of the poorest usages of a huge IP with a ton of potential.
100%, but if they're "behind," what have they theoretically lost? People keep going even as costs go up. It's a cultural moat that they're capitalizing on.

Their big responses to Wizarding World at Universal Orlando took 7 (Avatar) & 9 (SWGE) years. Their luster may be slightly diminished as UOR stepped up its game, but I don't think it truly suffered during that time.

Though it's insane to see the world's most valuable IP be squandered like this.

I went to Avengers Campus for the first time since opening summer and it felt like there were less characters and the quality of the food/drinks going down.

Also if you've been near any Bay Area tech office, Avengers Campus is an accurate representation of that so I think it fits DCA lol

Personally, I like DCA way more than Disneyland, it doesn't feel out of date and the rides are actually good. The only reasons I would go to Disneyland is for Star Wars and Indiana Jones, but I don't find it worth 60 bucks to park hop on a day ticket.

i know i'm late to the conversation. but to piggyback off of this comment, i went opening week and could barely find characters aside from the dora milaje show and the stunt show and then we essentially were stuck in the land for several hours because of the boarding pass system for spidey. we rode guardians like five times to kill time because we had already eaten and tried/failed to find characters. when we went for the halloween party, it was much of the same only to find out two weeks later that they were introducing zombie cap. the food in the land is great and i enjoyed the spidey ride, but ultimately there's not a whole lot to do.

i know i'm late to the conversation. but to piggyback off of this comment, i went opening week and could barely find characters aside from the dora milaje show and the stunt show and then we essentially were stuck in the land for several hours because of the boarding pass system for spidey. we rode guardians like five times to kill time because we had already eaten and tried/failed to find characters. when we went for the halloween party, it was much of the same only to find out two weeks later that they were introducing zombie cap. the food in the land is great and i enjoyed the spidey ride, but ultimately there's not a whole lot to do.

Have they really already started cutting characters? When we were there in the fall, we were practically tripping over them. There was the Black Panther/Widow stunt show (now still tied to Hawkeye, I think?), the Dr. Strange show, the Spider-Man show, and the Dora Milaje. They had all sorts of characters at the base and balcony of the Quinjet building when no shows were going - it did help disguise the fact that there isn't much to do beyond spend money on food.

both times i went characters were scarce BUT it's also possible with the pandemic we were there on days they were short staffed

I went two weeks ago and the only characters I saw were Captain Marvel (standing up at the railing, watching people, then she’d leave, then come back and keep staring), Groot over by Guardians, and Black Widow, who came out and stood next to Captain Marvel for about a minute, then completely disappeared.

Was at DCA Monday

1) DCA kinda really sucks in the rain, pretty much most of the rides are outside or affected by water so its not a good park to be at when it rains. The Spiderman show didn't happen when I was there and doubt it even did its show that day because of rain
2) Spiderman single rider was really quick, maybe 15 mins waiting at most
3) Last GOTG is a better Retheme then I thought it could be. Somehow they made this ride work, while I'd still have liked to have a new ride this version of the ride is fun

Looks like I should have waited...one week. Dam this is one of the coolest costumes the parks have every made

With character interactions back at DLR a whole new life has been given to Avenger's Campus with walk-around characters.

Not gonna' lie, the FFF Terrarium is brilliant.
Also, I've always felt DLR excels at moments with walk-around characters since they're more in the lands rather than a specific meet-and-greet area, so I agree this'll help the land more.

An Avengers E ticket will likely happen towards the end of the decade. Though what form it will take is unknown.
That’s a LONG time for Disney to go without a new ride. It looks like we’ll be back in the same gap it’s been from the time Cars Land opened to GE opened that we’ve had no new E-tickets.

If this were the 2010’s they probably could’ve gotten away with that but being that Disney is under such negative scrutiny that they are now, I don’t know if they can get away with that with USH stepping up their game.

Not to mention that is WAY too late for an Avengers E-ticket. What a joke. Not only are the OG Avengers completely irrelevant in the franchise now, but the MCU is probably going to be at its lowest peak in interest by then.